• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

ericu01

Blue Water, Blue Sky
Years
  • I'm sure that is a bug. I hope that LAZ fixes it in on of the future build numbers.

If you could actually care reading some nexus scripts, you will know it's not a bug at all. It's part of their project (storyline-focused) that your pokemon will not grow (not receiving any exp points) while battling theirs.

Years
  • If you could actually care reading some nexus scripts, you will know it's not a bug at all. It's part of their project (storyline-focused) that your pokemon will not grow (not receiving any exp points) while battling theirs.
    Oh wow. Does that applies to West Vale Port only? Or throughout the rest of the storyline involving Team Nexus. Also...does that relates to the fact that I'm not gaining any EXP points even while battling wild Pokemon in the Crystal Cave?

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Oh wow. Does that applies to West Vale Port only? Or throughout the rest of the storyline involving Team Nexus. Also...does that relates to the fact that I'm not gaining any EXP points even while battling wild Pokemon in the Crystal Cave?

I believe Team Nexus set up some sort of invisible field that prevents EXP gain entirely, so with both trainer and wild pokemon battles. As for whether it'll occur throughout the Nexus storyline...we've yet to find out, since there are only 3 Islands so far =P

Years
  • I believe Team Nexus set up some sort of invisible field that prevents EXP gain entirely, so with both trainer and wild pokemon battles. As for whether it'll occur throughout the Nexus storyline...we've yet to find out, since there are only 3 Islands so far =P
    Wow, that's...very evil! This is probably the most evil team I've ever encountered in my Pokemon game experience! Most of my team was in the higher 60's, and their pokemon was like at level 70 or more!

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2014
    Is this hack better than Crystal Dust? and if so why? Is this complete or how far does it go up until? Can you catch ghastly/haunter, and do pokemon that normally require trading evolve now?

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
  • Is this hack better than Crystal Dust? If so, why? Is this complete, or how far does it go up until? Can you catch ghastly/haunter and do Pokémon that normally require trading evolve now?

To answer your questions in order:

I have no strong feelings either way for either hack.

This is because each have their good and bad points, as all games do.

This hack is not complete yet. You can explore the whole of Johto and Kanto, and the third region, the Orange Islands, is still being worked on.

Yes, I'm absolutely certain you can find Gastly and Haunter in this hack. I just found a Gastly in Sprout Tower as I was typing this.

I would assume that Pokémon that require trading originally would evolve via level up or a special item. I just haven't tested yet.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2014
    Thanks for responding to my questions, I'm currently playing Crystal Dust and enjoying it, but curious as to which is the most accurate crystal remake with the best features and graphics. Since they are both incomplete, I will probably play them both because Crystal is awesome, and like you said they both have good features.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Thanks for responding to my questions, I'm currently playing Crystal Dust and enjoying it, but curious as to which is the most accurate crystal remake with the best features and graphics. Since they are both incomplete, I will probably play them both because Crystal is awesome, and like you said they both have good features.
    In term of remake accuracy, Crystal Dust is more accurate as LC has its own story incorporated + it has Orange Islands.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2014
    One of the boulders used to block the current in seafoam island caves glitched and is gone so i cant proceede.. what do i do?

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2014
    I've looked high and low for the answer, but haven't been able to find a sensible solution, but how do you get this on the EZ Flash IV? I've downloaded the latest IPS, flashed it using Lunar IPS to a clean Fire Red GBA ROM file, and used the EZclient to send it (and a saver file) to the miniSD card. When I boot up the ROM on my DS Lite, I still get a white screen. :( What could I be doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. I love the game!!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2014
    I've looked high and low for the answer, but haven't been able to find a sensible solution, but how do you get this on the EZ Flash IV? I've downloaded the latest IPS, flashed it using Lunar IPS to a clean Fire Red GBA ROM file, and used the EZclient to send it (and a saver file) to the miniSD card. When I boot up the ROM on my DS Lite, I still get a white screen. :( What could I be doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. I love the game!!!
    I figured out the problem! The .sav file that EZclient sends over can't be in the saver folder. It HAS to be in the same folder as the .gba file for Liquid Crystal. I'm not sure if that's been answered in this thread, but there it is!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2018
    So I'm running Liquid Crystal 3.1 from their own official site and I tried running a 3.3 beta later but my save game from 3.1 won't work on it. How come? and why can I not find the beta versions on their own site???....

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Hello everyone, this is my first post because I'm stuck and I need some help...
    I'll give you some information about my game/emulator. I play on GBA4iOS (The original one, not the 2.0 version) on my iPhone 5S. The build number of the game is the same as the last update according to the LQ twitter page. I never used any cheats.
    I finished the game almost completely, I did everything for the main storyline but now I'm stuck. I took on the Elite Four for the second time, because I had to to finish the second part of the game, so I did. I thought the game was finished by then but it clearly isn't because of the Orange Islands. Problem is: How do I get to the Orange Islands?!
    I already went into the basement of the Kanto Office in Vermillion City, Axel said he was going to the Orange Islands... Now I'm stuck, every time I go to Route 100 (The island where the Undersea Express is located) and go in the building and then try to go in the Undersea Express the guy there says this: "Hello and welcome to the UNDERSEA EXPRESS. I'm sorry but you missed the last train." That last sentence bothers me, how do I make the guy to let me past him, it's not a time glitch because the clock gives the correct time. When I go to the TV screens this comes up: "The train to VALENCIA ISLAND is currently waiting in platform 1."
    What do I do now?!

I also heard about that Oak has to stamp your ticket, how? Could someone please make some kind of walktrough from the end of the second part till getting on the train, that would really help me out.

Next question: Are Articuno, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza in the game?! The original walktrough says they are but when I dive to the bottom and explore the cave these legendary Pokemon aren't on the places they're supposed to be. Can't find them anywhere.

Could someone please reply to my question and help me with getting to the Orange Islands? :)
    Thanks, Palinourios.

Last edited:

ericu01

Blue Water, Blue Sky
    Years
  • Hello everyone, this is my first post because I'm stuck and I need some help...
    I'll give you some information about my game/emulator. I play on GBA4iOS (The original one, not the 2.0 version) on my iPhone 5S. The build number of the game is the same as the last update according to the LQ twitter page. I never used any cheats.
    I finished the game almost completely, I did everything for the main storyline but now I'm stuck. I took on the Elite Four for the second time, because I had to to finish the second part of the game, so I did. I thought the game was finished by then but it clearly isn't because of the Orange Islands. Problem is: How do I get to the Orange Islands?!
    I already went into the basement of the Kanto Office in Vermillion City, Axel said he was going to the Orange Islands... Now I'm stuck, every time I go to Route 100 (The island where the Undersea Express is located) and go in the building and then try to go in the Undersea Express the guy there says this: "Hello and welcome to the UNDERSEA EXPRESS. I'm sorry but you missed the last train." That last sentence bothers me, how do I make the guy to let me past him, it's not a time glitch because the clock gives the correct time. When I go to the TV screens this comes up: "The train to VALENCIA ISLAND is currently waiting in platform 1."
    What do I do now?!

I also heard about that Oak has to stamp your ticket, how? Could someone please make some kind of walktrough from the end of the second part till getting on the train, that would really help me out.

Next question: Are Articuno, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza in the game?! The original walktrough says they are but when I dive to the bottom and explore the cave these legendary Pokemon aren't on the places they're supposed to be. Can't find them anywhere.

Could someone please reply to my question and help me with getting to the Orange Islands? :)
    Thanks, Palinourios.

Honestly this real-time feature on LC is really inconvenient. just go to the far left side and talk to the guard. when you read this "The train to VALENCIA ISLAND is currently waiting in platform 1." you really need to do it fast as there is a possibility to miss the train again.

On the subway there be ready as you will encounter Kyogre. For other legendaries you need to fulfill certain requirements to make them appear.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Honestly this real-time feature on LC is really inconvenient. just go to the far left side and talk to the guard. when you read this "The train to VALENCIA ISLAND is currently waiting in platform 1." you really need to do it fast as there is a possibility to miss the train again.

On the subway there be ready as you will encounter Kyogre. For other legendaries you need to fulfill certain requirements to make them appear.

Here's the thing, every time I talk to the guard he says that the train is waiting. Even when the TV says the train is waiting: Guard still won't let me trough. I don't understand why he doesn't let me trough...
    I also heard you first have to go to the normal boat (The one where you can move from Johto to Kanto) and use that boat to go to the Orange Islands. But that also doesn't work for me since it ALWAYS rains there and that means that the boat is unable to sail.

I JUST WANT TO GET TO THE ORANGE ISLANDS :(
    Someone help, please?

Palinourios

UPDATE: When I talk to guard he says something different now, it goes like this:

"Would you like to board the train to VALENCIA ISLAND?"
    Yes/No (I click YES obviously)
    "Can I see your Stamped S.S.Ticket please?"
    "..."
    "Sorry but you can't board without a Stamped S.S. Ticket."

How do you get your S.S Ticket stamped?! I'm relieved it's not a weird time-bug. I now just need to know how to stamp my ticket and I'll be able to travel to the Orange Islands.
    Thanks already!

Palinourios

Last edited by a moderator:

Gallious

French Youtuber :)
    Years
  • Hello!

I just obtained the Old Key at Mandarine City, but I don't know where to use it.
    Can someone help me, please?

Thanks.

Back