• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • It's been 8 years since this hack started. Is it me , or is that a very long time ? I get the fact that we all have responsabilities and they cant spend a lot of time on the hack, but still... Everybody, at some point, has a break( and when I mean a break, I mean kind of a vacation where your free for an extended period of time ) and people who are commited to stuff they create will take the break to continue what they started. And, sadly, Laz is not commited to this game anymore, in my opinion. Since the beta 3.1,(i think) they didnt add anything NEW to the story. Just some bug fixies and stuff, and 3.1 was realeased like in 2012...

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • It's been 8 years since this hack started. Is it me , or is that a very long time ? I get the fact that we all have responsabilities and they cant spend a lot of time on the hack, but still... Everybody, at some point, has a break( and when I mean a break, I mean kind of a vacation where your free for an extended period of time ) and people who are commited to stuff they create will take the break to continue what they started. And, sadly, Laz is not commited to this game anymore, in my opinion. Since the beta 3.1,(i think) they didnt add anything NEW to the story. Just some bug fixies and stuff, and 3.1 was realeased like in 2012...

Just posting a reply to say, 3.1 was released at the end of 2011, which went up to the first orange island. Since then I've added the whole of the second island and the beginning of the 3rd. The islands are small but it has story related content on them :).

As for not being committed, that's not the case. I still love LC, I'm just going through some crazy stuff IRL that, despite giving me some breaks they don't leave me enough time to be dedicated to updates. All I can say is, apologies for the delay and the hack is still on hiatus. When I get back to it, you'll see an update here and over at romhack.me, as well as new builds becoming available to download.

Regards,
    LaZ

Years
  • Just posting a reply to say, 3.1 was released at the end of 2011, which went up to the first orange island. Since then I've added the whole of the second island and the beginning of the 3rd. The islands are small but it has story related content on them :).

As for not being committed, that's not the case. I still love LC, I'm just going through some crazy stuff IRL that, despite giving me some breaks they don't leave me enough time to be dedicated to updates. All I can say is, apologies for the delay and the hack is still on hiatus. When I get back to it, you'll see an update here and over at romhack.me, as well as new builds becoming available to download.

Regards,
    LaZ

Kk. Then I was mistaken about the 3.2 having nothing new. I just recently registered here with a new email and I remember playing the game around 2010-2010 for the first time and it was the first time i played a rom hack (not to mention the fact that I learned the existence of rom hacks by that time ). And I was dissapointed to find out that when I finished the first orange island, there wasnt anything else. I realized that the game was still in beta lol . So I deleted my game and said to myself that I will play the game from the start when it will be finished. Since then, I have been checking the thread montly and hoping there was a final version... (sigh) But hey, I get it. It's hard work and life is much harder (when i mean life, i mean work, studies, responsabilities). So, hang in there friend.

Years
  • Hello LinkandZelda, I'm very happy that you have turned back... I have found a little bug in the hack... The shop in every town from Violet to Magahony, even the Stone Seller in the Lighthouse, only sell ???????, not normal items... Please could you fix this, or give me some description of fixing this annoying bug... Thank you

TD013

8 badges in Kanto, I have 10
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2022
    Just posting a reply to say, 3.1 was released at the end of 2011, which went up to the first orange island. Since then I've added the whole of the second island and the beginning of the 3rd. The islands are small but it has story related content on them :).

Regards,
    LaZ

I like to see that your still committed. Keep up the hard work and your determination.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    Hey Laz, just want to say that LC is my favorite pkm rom hack ever, thank you for all your hard work! The only constructive criticism I have is that after the first elite 4 and champ, kanto seems somewhat unbalanced in terms of difficulty, I basically just faceroll everything without having to try. Ive taken to starting a new team for kanto to make it more of a challenge. I dont know if its just me overleveling or overfocusing on type advantage but it seems like perhaps a tweak on kanto difficulty would really add something to the hack(at least for me). Perhaps this has been mentioned before, i haven't read through the whole thread, if so I apologize. Once again, amazing hack, I love it, thanks for your obviously huge amount of effort and hard work.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2015
    THANKS FOR THIS HACK. THIS IS EXTREMELY GOOD
    I Want know whats the use of dna sample and meteorite in pokemon liquud crysral
    And what are the legendary pokemons that could be caught up till now

THANKS FOR THIS HACK. THIS IS EXTREMELY GOOD
    I Want know whats the use of dna sample and meteorite in pokemon liquud crysral
    And what are the legendary pokemons that could be caught up till now
    Anyone please help me out

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    Thank you Percy...

Btw do only i get a game crash when i trade bellsprout for onix ? after trade is complete, and the pokeball tries to open the game freezes..

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Thank you Percy...

Btw do only i get a game crash when i trade bellsprout for onix ? after trade is complete, and the pokeball tries to open the game freezes..

That's because Onix's sprite is so flippin' corrupted, that even fixing/replacing it does nothing.
    Curiously, catching a wild Onix doesn´t crash the game.

Saintscrew7

Helpful little Angel
    Years
  • Hey guys!!

I love this hack!! Thanx LaZ, thanx fer the info. About the weather, the rainstorm helped me a lot, cause I have equiped the lati@s whith thunder. No bugs found in my copy, LC 3.3, I'm playing with a Gameboid apk, no cash, no freeze so far. I'm about to beat Blue. So ,Great work!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    That's because Onix's sprite is so flippin' corrupted, that even fixing/replacing it does nothing.
    Curiously, catching a wild Onix doesn´t crash the game.

so i shouldnt trade ok.. but then i cant get steelix can i ?

What am i supposed to do in Ruins of Alph? after 7 badge

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    Onix evolves by level (At least mine did.)
    After 7th badge, i think it´s time for some Rocket a** beating.

well im in ecruteak where i have to get in tin tower but i need clear bell which i can get in ruins of alph but i dont know what to do there..

nvm i made it through :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2015
    Hello (Shiny question)

Sorry im pretty new here and i tried searching but i wasnt allowed access to the breeders corner and i could not find the info i wanted via search.. i am currently playing the liquid crystal version and wanted to find out if breeding two shinies have a higher chance of yielding a shiny in this version.. ive heard peopl mention that there were alot of changes to this version and that it might be possible that shiny rates were increased?

can someone redirect me to the proper thread if i have posted inappropriately or simply answer me if it was ok to post here. thanks

LordOfMinecraft

LordOfMinecraft
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    Hi I do not know you but I have seen your ROM hack many times, though I have never played it or looked at it. Whats in it?

Back