• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
    yes it will. after you complete an optiona event :). you can onlt complete this after you have the 16 badges. XD

HUGE UPDATE: me and zeikku have been working on some new palletes and tiles. here is some of what has changed so far...

new water pallete.
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

some new indoor tiles and palletes
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

new gym sign
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

new indoor pokecenter tiles
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Im gonna do some more music now. ive been tiling all day lol.

link

Years
    yes it will. after you complete an optiona event :). you can onlt complete this after you have the 16 badges. XD

HUGE UPDATE: me and zeikku have been working on some new palletes and tiles. here is some of what has changed so far...

new water pallete.
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

some new indoor tiles and palletes
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

new gym sign
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

new indoor pokecenter tiles
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Im gonna do some more music now. ive been tiling all day lol.

link
    the updates are awsome !
    i love the new table in the pokecenter + book shelf
    but i think you should make the water abit darker because it will go well with the grass palette.

well good luck !

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    wooo lovin the updates. gym and pokecentre looks awesome! but so does it all :D i really want to play beta :D

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    *Cough* NOT DONE WITH UPDATES!
    New sprites
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Wonderful updates. I like the new poses.
    That's what I call professional spriting.
    Good luck on this hack.
    Also, Linkandzelda, your updates are great. I like the PokeCenter and the new indoor tiles.
    BOL!

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
    Why do I get the feeling that the TR Game Corner Base will be available :P
    I hated GameFreak for closing it.

"There something behind the poster" -> me getting excited that the base was still there
    "oh there is nothing" -> Me getting very pissed.

If it really is back, then I hope it will have Giovanni training in there ^_^

linkandzelda

Years
    thanks for the comments guys but i have serious news. me and zeikku discovered a bug that crashes when any pokemon evolves. the earlyest backup is 13 september that fixes it.

Ive decided to close the thread why me and zeikku restore things back to normal. i'm sorry that this has happened but its just the way it is.

a word of warning too all hackers out there. never use unlz witht he auto abort option off becasue this is what happens.

another word just to say that were not quitting because if this. expect the thread open un maximum 1 week. we work fast together :)

link

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
    hmmm, I lost my totodile :'(
    I spent an hour in dark cave battling damn geodudes!
    My zubat almost evolved tooo was lv 21! :'(
    Now I'm stuck with a lv 7 totodile with rage...

*sulks*

But despite that, me and Laz will be working extremely hard to restore everything.
    We have to export sprites, re-import them. Redo scripts. Export maps and tilesets.
    Then after we'll do the finishing touches :P
    It wont take as long though :)

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    owww sorry to hear that. i hope it all goes well. also... geodude sprite rocks! :D

linkandzelda

Years
    i think the pokemon center is the best part... anyway

before this is locked i just want to say that all scripts a reinserted and im just about to insert the maps. then palletes, blockedits, OWs and trainersprites, pokemon sprites and then i think were back on track. at the way things are going i thinkthis will be back to normal by tomorow night. not promising anything though XD.

i probably wont get a chance to talk again cuz its gonna be locked but matbe i will cancel the lock...

edit: all maps, scripts and palletes are back to normal.

edit2: im canceling the close of this thread as i have almost finished restoring everything. all thats left to do is 2 trainer backsprites, some trianers pokemon and the pokemon backsprites which i will do later before the beta.

I have a question to everybody. this is a vote.
    i have left the dungions in there orginal form as in crystal. should i extend them? completly change them? or leave them alone?

as im back on track almost expect frequent updates.

link

Last edited:
    Years

before this is locked i just want to say that all scripts a reinserted and im just about to insert the maps. then palletes, blockedits, OWs and trainersprites, pokemon sprites and then i think were back on track. at the way things are going i thinkthis will be back to normal by tomorow night. not promising anything though XD.

i probably wont get a chance to talk again cuz its gonna be locked but matbe i will cancel the lock...

edit2: im canceling the close of this thread as i have almost finished restoring everything. all thats left to do is 2 trainer backsprites, some trianers pokemon and the pokemon backsprites which i will do later before the beta.

i have left the dungions in there orginal form as in crystal. should i extend them? completly change them? or leave them alone?

link
    Completely change them,so crystal guides won't work.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen yesterday
    dungeons???

link

oh u mean the cave interiors? yea change them if u want to :)

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Changing the dungeons hmm. I think you should change them but keep the lay out kind of the same, so it looks like the dungeon has just changed over time not a completely new dungeon.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I think that if you don't have a reason for extending them (such as Legendary locations) you should just make them like the original. I think the original maps look really good and it would be nice to be able to play through them again.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    HMMMM?
    I think you should change the layout of the dungeons to a way where every now and then there's a wrong turn and an extra trainer.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
    Personaly I wouldn't use any maps to get my way through a map and it's not much of a challenge if anyone does so that's up to them, leave them like Crystal, It will be nice to walk them maps again :)

BTW I like you new inside PokéCenter tiles and your Geodude Sprite :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back