• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan :3

Gonna Join an RP
Years
  • Hmmm...I'm running Windows Vista *holds up flame sheild* and when I saved the game, it resetted my IE theme back to a Icy blue color. Something minor but thought I'd share.

Actually I kinda like the color ^-^

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • lol thats pretty random xD but cool. lugia isnt catchable in this beta until you get to pewter city wich isnt avalible until beta 2 :P

link

Anteo

The Alpha & Omega
    Years
  • this is a great project! Along with Shiny Gold, bu it seems that you'll be updating this more regularly then Zel will SG. I wish you success and hope you do well =D.

rjgbadger

Amateur Breeder
    Years
  • LaZ, are you going to input a way to evolve slopoke, seadra, or any other trade evolutions?(If you haven't already)

linkandzelda

Years
  • thanks guys. yea i am. some have been done already (cant quite remember but there on the thread somewhere) and the others will be done.

link

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • uh I found something strange, The pokedex data for sudowodo says it disappears when it starts raining, but I caught it when it was raining, you might want to make it so it doesn't rain in that route, at least until you fight sudowodo. also, 1 of the game corner machines says it will put your pokemon on your trainer card, but it is with the slot machines, so you might want to move it, and if you talk to 1 of the machines from the bottom, it says you found 8 coins, again, you might want to move that, and some of the slot machines work if you talk to them from below, and some don't

Circus.

Years
  • I found an error while playing Liquid Crystal.
    After beating the Violet city gym leader I went to the Pokemon Center
    and recieved the egg from the Aides and when the Aide departed the game
    suddenly restarted itself. No data was lost but whenever I tried to get the
    egg the game kept restarting.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    I found an error while playing Liquid Crystal.
    After beating the Violet city gym leader I went to the Pokemon Center
    and recieved the egg from the Aides and when the Aide departed the game
    suddenly restarted itself. No data was lost but whenever I tried to get the
    egg the game kept restarting.

You'll have to patch down to Beta 1, if you're on 1.1 at least, go back to the Violet City aide, then patch back up to Beta 1.1 once you get the egg. Pretty simple.

That's how most people fixed it. How I fixed it..

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • your rival's (silver) [in burnt tower]pokemon know some weird moves ie. haunter w/ vine whip, magnamite w/ bind and smog, and is he suppost to have 2 magnamites? oh, he also has a voltorb, instead of his starter.

if this helps, I chose chickorita as my starter

oh, there is an old man in ecruteak city that thanks you for saving the city and gives you an egg BEFORE you even know what he's talking about, either this is a glitch that telkls you about what will happen, or he's going senile

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
  • sorry again for the bugs guys. hes not meant to have 2 mags :( i need to know what starter you picked.

thanks in advance
    link

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    sorry again for the bugs guys. hes not meant to have 2 mags :( i need to know what starter you picked.

thanks in advance
    link

I picked Chikorita myself, and there were no problems with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or_wQ_y3h6s

Around 2:45.

Also, did you happen to put Chinchou off the coast for fishing on Route 40 (or at least Olivine City?)

He's suppose to be in the game (Bulbapedia says so, and I remember catching him with a good rod on my original Crystal), so yah.
    If you didn't I might just add him to the game via AM (hoping it doesn't mess up) so I can do the walkthrough easily... (unless you don't plan on adding him at all 'o course)

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    I believe he put Chinchou in Olivine port? Or amybe that was in Shiny Gold...

Olivine Port has no pokemon in it, I might try surfing there in a bit, but fishing won't do anything.

I'll check AM on Beta 1 again though..

edit: OMG! <3 the surf theme. WindWaker sea is my favorite theme ever :D

Dan :3

Gonna Join an RP
    Years
  • BUG ALERT
    When I went brak to Prof. Elm after battling the Rival, I hit a on the pokeball on the table. It said, "Prof. Oak's last pokemon."

Shouldn't it be Prof. Elm's?

Also, in your room, the bed hhas a invisible wall on it's right side. You can enter the bed, but if you try going at the blanket, you'll hit it.

Last edited:

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • We won this at The Pokemon board.​

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    And congratulations on it, (you might be sick of seeing my name everwhere, :))

You should ask LinkandZelda to put it on the first post

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
  • Kudos on all you have done with progress! I remember when you were just a whee little noob... Look how great you are now! :) You have accomplished something very very difficult: the world map. It's truely the work of a master to create one of those!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back