• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Lool.
    I haven't posted here for a while now, but i just want to see how things are going, so is it going good??

Well i wish you the best of luck on it.;)
    Good luck!!

Buizel 9 ~

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • I think you should only show a small part of the Orange Islands.
    Perhaps ending it before the game "spoils" your story for the Orange Island

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    In my opinion, you should put enough in the orange islands to give us a taste of what's going to come. Just so we know what to expect and hopefully get us even more excited for beta 3. I don't think you should go too far into the orange islands though. That seems like it's a beta (or two) away.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • For the beta, I'll do new sprites or at least fix the goofy looking ones like growlithe..
    And redo the Zane Ows..
    and do the battle BGs..

dartdude6

Legend
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    I just started playing this and I gotta say that I'm a fan of it. The only problem I had was the music on Route 29. No offense to whoever did that remix, but it just hurts my ears. Everything else about this game is great though. I already like it better than SG. I look forward to it being finished.

Years
  • My game crashes after I beat Jasmine in Olivine City, as soon as she's done talking the graphics crash to a maroon colour :(

Cholo

Moveset Breeder
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    im not sure if u knew about this glitch or not but if save and quit playing when u first enter mr.pokemon's house when u open vba again ur hero sprite will be duplicated and be placed where mr.pokemon should be...u will be controling that sprite and wont be able to get out of the house because of the original sprite blocking the entrance, so u would have to start a new game..
    juss letting you know in case ur adding the finishing touched and what not :)
    i'm off to start a new game lol...

Years
  • In my opinion, you should put enough in the orange islands to give us a taste of what's going to come. Just so we know what to expect and hopefully get us even more excited for beta 3. I don't think you should go too far into the orange islands though.
    I agree with that , not that I'm not excited to see it I just think it will make everyone even more excited for the next beta and plus I'd rather have a new beta to play asap instead of later x)

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2015
    Hi, so far this game is really fun and well made. One thing though, sometimes when I'm looking at one of my pokémon's stats the game goes black and seems to freeze. Btw, I'm using the no$gba emulater, is there certain setting that works the best? Otherwise, great job! =)

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
    Years
  • I would actually end the beta at some sort of cliff hanger ending, for example, You could end it as your just about to go and fight a Legendary or start a certain event that has some relevance to the overall island plot.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • Lool.
    I haven't posted here for a while now, but i just want to see how things are going, so is it going good??

Well i wish you the best of luck on it.;)
    Good luck!!

Buizel 9 ~

Thanks dude. everything od going great atm.

I think you should only show a small part of the Orange Islands.
    Perhaps ending it before the game "spoils" your story for the Orange Island

ok. np. that sounds great.

Maybe just the way to travel to orange island and then end after arriving?

well thats a bit short. i think showing 1-2 towns of the first island will be enough.

In my opinion, you should put enough in the orange islands to give us a taste of what's going to come. Just so we know what to expect and hopefully get us even more excited for beta 3. I don't think you should go too far into the orange islands though. That seems like it's a beta (or two) away.

ok sounds great idea.

New themes in one video. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVPpvbfvfKY

@Magnius: I think link has the final say. But great Rival Theme remixes there.

thanks dude. sounds great. could you pm me your latest looped .s files?

Anyone know the exact evolution requirements of Kadabra and Seadra?

i think its level. im not gonna say though.

For the beta, I'll do new sprites or at least fix the goofy looking ones like growlithe..
    And redo the Zane Ows..
    and do the battle BGs..

sounds good.

Lol no I wasn't saying that idea is stupid. I was saying the rules where your post has to be a certain length is.

oh right. i aggree with that too.

I just started playing this and I gotta say that I'm a fan of it. The only problem I had was the music on Route 29. No offense to whoever did that remix, but it just hurts my ears. Everything else about this game is great though. I already like it better than SG. I look forward to it being finished.

Thanks. i aggree the route 29 sounds like a sntragled cat xd. the new one is much better.

My game crashes after I beat Jasmine in Olivine City, as soon as she's done talking the graphics crash to a maroon colour :(

strange. could be a bad patching or bad rom.

im not sure if u knew about this glitch or not but if save and quit playing when u first enter mr.pokemon's house when u open vba again ur hero sprite will be duplicated and be placed where mr.pokemon should be...u will be controling that sprite and wont be able to get out of the house because of the original sprite blocking the entrance, so u would have to start a new game..
    juss letting you know in case ur adding the finishing touched and what not :)
    i'm off to start a new game lol...

i remember that from the first beta. i never tried this though but its fixable i think.

I agree with that , not that I'm not excited to see it I just think it will make everyone even more excited for the next beta and plus I'd rather have a new beta to play asap instead of later x)

xd.

Hi, so far this game is really fun and well made. One thing though, sometimes when I'm looking at one of my pokémon's stats the game goes black and seems to freeze. Btw, I'm using the no$gba emulater, is there certain setting that works the best? Otherwise, great job! =)

hmm. that could again be a bad rom or bad patching as it never happens to me.

I would actually end the beta at some sort of cliff hanger ending, for example, You could end it as your just about to go and fight a Legendary or start a certain event that has some relevance to the overall island plot.

thats a good idea too. i need to think of something good :P

update: doing music/finishing testing atm. most of the gsc themes are inserted which is good.

i have good news. a release date that i MUST stick too. 24th april 2009 will be the release of beta 2. the reason i must release it then is becuase its my 18th birthday :D

link

dartdude6

Legend
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    *Marks calendar for April 24, 2009* Where will Beta 2 go up to? Will Kanto be finished?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back