• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneBlade

Journeyman of Forgotten Lands
Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Hughie hack tester said:
    -Off topic- Lili How/Where the hell did you get HG???

Synyster_Lili said:
    i just have to wait a week before i get it D:

>_>

On topic, restoring the ROM sounds like a good idea, I really don't like the amount of bugs in this game. It just rubs me off the wrong way, gets rid of the "professional" feel, if you know what I mean. Good luck with it :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2009
    Nintendo made that "retarded" charizard, All i did was revamp it.

I think the revamp i did of it looks pretty cool, very different and unique, I never liked the DP charizard sprite, looked too perfect. As for the other sprite, its a pixel art piece already used in the credits of the current public beta. Besides if anyone read my posts I said that the sprites will be changed. I also have an an announcement to make.
    Ah yes, but that's for the intro of G/S only, plus Charizard is breathing fire at the screen when he does that sprite so it looks more natural. With the LC Charizard sprite, not only is it on the screen for a longer time, but it isn't doing anything! I'm going to guess there's a reason Gamefreak only used that Charizard sprite for the intro.

Also you mentioned that these sprites will pwn HG/SS, i dunno, that's a pretty hefty challenge there! I'm going to stay neutral until both games (or Beta 3 for you guys) are released.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • Ah yes, but that's for the intro of G/S only, plus Charizard is breathing fire at the screen when he does that sprite so it looks more natural. With the LC Charizard sprite, not only is it on the screen for a longer time, but it isn't doing anything! I'm going to guess there's a reason Gamefreak only used that Charizard sprite for the intro.

Also you mentioned that these sprites will pwn HG/SS, i dunno, that's a pretty hefty challenge there! I'm going to stay neutral until both games (or Beta 3 for you guys) are released.

well, all pokemon except the johto set in HG/SS look exactly the same as platinum. So all i'd need to do is make the sprites for johto p00n more. I may enlist someone to help me. I just hope he says yes and isn't busy otherwise looks like I'm making 100 sprites and backsprites :P

I am aware the charizard is for the intro of G/S/C. But it made it look unique. But like I said the new charizard looks better I guess.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • ok dudes, listen up. i have a few questions...

Me and zeikku have been thinking about the orange islands. do people actully really want the orange islands or not? do people prefer just having johto and kanto?

another thing is... if people do want the orange islands then i was thinking about changing the name "orange islands" to something else. after all... the events i have planned have nothing to do with the oragne islands anime exept some side events. also some of the names are the same as the anime.

please think about it and post your thoughts.

link

Alex31

Pro D<
    Years
  • Insted of having the Orange islands, I would prefer to have one or two custom islands, off Johto, and you could relocate some of the legendary Pokemon to there.

I always prefer having some custom content, such as one or two new maps, rather than a complete remake.

Myself, I dislike the orange islands, but that is just my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2009
    ok dudes, listen up. i have a few questions...

Me and zeikku have been thinking about the orange islands. do people actully really want the orange islands or not? do people prefer just having johto and kanto?

another thing is... if people do want the orange islands then i was thinking about changing the name "orange islands" to something else. after all... the events i have planned have nothing to do with the oragne islands anime exept some side events. also some of the names are the same as the anime.

link
    I like having the orange islands. I still don't know what Zane is doing with those 3 dudes that tried to jump Red...

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2010
    Omg LaZ!!!
    You Should Definently Kepp The Orange Islands!! Thtz [[In My Opinion]] Makes Your Game So Unique From THe Otherz!!! Whoa... But Thtz Just Me. Hopefully When Beta 3 Comes Out Orange Islands Will Be There With The Same Name As The Anime And The Same Leaders.... Wishing You Da Best LaZ!!! Hope You Finish The Game Man!! iEnjoy it Sooo Much!!! :]

-Chido09-

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
    Years
  • I think that we should have the orange islands becuase that will make the game so unique and of curse harder & longer to finish,also you can put the regi's there and some other legenderis that were't in beta 2.1 like dexoys

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2010
    i dont really mind if the orange islands are kept or new islands are created as this hack is great already but whatever happens please relocate some of the legendaries

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    With most remakes (SG) there is not much unique aside from a few storyline, haracter, other changes. This remake is so good because there is a whole new region thus completely revamping the storyline.

Keep the O.I.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I don't care about the Orange Islands or what you do with it, just as long as you revamp the game instead of making it a complete copy of Crystal

like for example if we had to choose, I'd take added events in Johto and Kanto over the Orange Islands anyday, or added areas that are apart of Johto and Kanto. That way it feels like a true remake and doesn't make me want to rush through the main game just to see the added region

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • ok dudes, listen up. i have a few questions...

link

This hack is awesome, the Orange Islands make it last long, keep 'em :]

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • Orane islands would be a great addition but you gotta remember, this is a Crystal Re-make ;)

I'm sure you could make an Orange Island Hack afterwards, maybe say it's a year later or something.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2017
    well, in my opinion, release the game without orange islands, and release with orange islands too, but it should get another name. it'd be awesome if you release it without orange, because a finished game 'd be released earlier^^

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
    Years
  • You shouldn't place all the legendaries in one cave. Well, there are 4 legendaries in the Undersea Cavern, as I have met. I think you should be more creative with the locations to the legendary Pokemon.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
    Years
  • Keep the orange islands. I always wanted to play a game with the orange islands in it. Even if you don't follow the events of the anime it makes somebody else's/or you work easier if you decide to make a hack later because you don't have to do a bunch of mapping or other things.

Or if somebody wants to make a hack with all the official regions in it (kanto, johto, Orange islands, etc) They are already halfway done and all they have to do is add ruby and sapphire maps and they are done.

Again please keep the orange islands

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Where can I find the three switches to open up the card key door in the Silph for the Static attack?
    There's a walkthrough and a help thread for such a question.

On-topic, like some people said, making a separate game with the Orange Islands would probably seem like the best thing to do. I mean, sure, this is a Crystal remake and adding them would be your personal touch, but by the time you'd get there, your Pokemon would probably be pretty leveled-up. Maybe just a few islands off Johto's coast, akin to the Sevii Islands would work, but I'd say save the whole Orange Island thing for another hack. Maybe a prequel or sequel to LC? XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back