• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Liquid Ocean [HotY - 2006]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Nice screenies Christos, I hope to see a good game (even though it's gonna be short), so... I guess I should start getting a few flying-types (and maybe a fire aswell)...

PS: I think it would have been better if you never mentioned the words "release" and "alpha" (or beta), before creating it previously. People could start to get impatient (such as myself, jeje...)

Anyway, good luck to you and the rest of your team! Go Liquid Ocean!

I guess I shouldn't mention the words. :P
    I wish there was a team... I do all the things except the sprites and tiles which I find them from some other people and give credit. I can't find any good spriters that can do what I tell them to do.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Nice screens there Christos. I just love the way you got the FR/LG palettes in Emerald. Liquid Ocean is getting better and better. Like sohappy said, I'm not in a rush to play the alpha or pre-alpha either. LO is looking superb man. So just concentrate on your story and events. I know you've been working hard on LO, and I hope you keep us updated on your progress. Luck to you bud!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Ah, I thought there was a team, since you have your own hacking group...
    Well, anyway, I hope you pull out some pretty good stuff, Christos. I wont care about how much time it takes, as long as you're happy with what you're doing. That's all I care about!

Of course, as always, good luck, partner!

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    this is by far the best looking hack in the hack of year awards. cant wait to play it properly, the little betas were buggy lol

2Scribble

I post therefor I am
    Years
    This is an amazing hack Christos, you've done an excellent job presenting it... though I agree with Zel, keep everything quiet or trouble will arise

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Okay, I'm finally done with the pre-alpha. I'm really sorry for the delay but now the alpha and other releases won't take so long.
    If you find any glitches, post it here or send me a private message.

Attachments

• Pre-alpha.zip
      136.5 KB · Views: 160
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Well, hope the first alpha comes out, so we can sample your hack. The graphics and plot are good - this game will surely deliver. Good luck with this hack, and we hope you can get it finished somewhere next year! ;)

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Oh great, the pre-alpha is here! You've done a very nice job Christos, very nice.:) I just love it!

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
    Dude. Glitch

If you go into the house, you go into Halcus Mines WITHOUT A POKEMON.

You find wild Pokemon and trainers in there. Of course, you send out the ??? Pokemon and faint etc.

If you attempt to leave the mines, you are transported to a place where you get your first Pokemon. You walk THROUGH a Skitty and it disappears when you pick your Poke.

I spose not really a glitch but seeing as you are a good scripter maybe you could make it so you can't progress without a Pokemon or something...?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Dude. Glitch

If you go into the house, you go into Halcus Mines WITHOUT A POKEMON.

You find wild Pokemon and trainers in there. Of course, you send out the ??? Pokemon and faint etc.

If you attempt to leave the mines, you are transported to a place where you get your first Pokemon. You walk THROUGH a Skitty and it disappears when you pick your Poke.

I spose not really a glitch but seeing as you are a good scripter maybe you could make it so you can't progress without a Pokemon or something...?

Oh, I fixed that.
    You're not supposed to visit any other house, I removed the warps.
    Try restarting, and don't visit any houses in Blackthorn, only your house.
    And Skitty doesn't disappear, it just walks outside.

If you find any more glitches, tell me. I'll fix them and re-attach the pre-alpha.

One more thing, the intro is messed up, so don't try to see it or the game will freeze.

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
    Woah! BIIIIG GLITCH!

You know the Battle Tent in the 3rd city?

Went in there, won and I exited and I was in Slateport o.o

The I went south and ended up on Navaja Road. Then I went north and I was into Gallaia City. The tiles are all glitched up

o.o

EDIT: I am now in Gallaia Gym. You need to fix the warps for Battle Tent and hey presto! Glitch solved!

EDIT #2: Rebecca's Ivysaur has Rock Tomb

EDIT #3: If you aren't supposed to go in the house that takes you to the mines in Blackthorn, where are you supposed to go?

EDIT #4: Glitch. When you go to the Forest and the prof is being confronted by Rockets, every time you try to step onto the tile that triggers the text & battle thing, the text appears and you walk over and battle over and over and over even if they have left.

EDIT #5: If you step onto the tile where they say "Lets go back to -something- Island" the text will appear and invisible sprites will jump over the ledge

EDIT #6: Eventually it stops doing this (after 6 times o.o)

Apart from that alright game some decent maps...

Though you'd get further than first gym in all this time though...

Oh well. Good game so far man

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Woah! BIIIIG GLITCH!

You know the Battle Tent in the 3rd city?

Went in there, won and I exited and I was in Slateport o.o

The I went south and ended up on Navaja Road. Then I went north and I was into Gallaia City. The tiles are all glitched up

o.o

EDIT: I am now in Gallaia Gym. You need to fix the warps for Battle Tent and hey presto! Glitch solved!

EDIT #2: Rebecca's Ivysaur has Rock Tomb

EDIT #3: If you aren't supposed to go in the house that takes you to the mines in Blackthorn, where are you supposed to go?

Okay, I'll reupload the new patch right now.

You're supposed to deliver the package to your uncle and go to bed.

Edit: How many times did you step on the trigger until it stopped working?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    The other glitches are almost nothing. Really easy to fix.

Edit: i re-attached the patch.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2007
    holla

the beta is screwed up a bit :)

there no starters :P ( or i didnt find it)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back