• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Liquid Ocean [HotY - 2006]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    The palettes are very nice Christos. I like the tree palettes, however, maybe the middle-ish palette could be a bit darker, for definition on the middle leaves. I have my doubts over the shiny reds on the Pokemon Center, but thats my opinion.There's some really nice work in this hack now mate. Great work and good luck as always.

I think I'll change the center's reds and I'll change the color of the middle leaves in the trees' palette.

I'm working on the starting events now, here are some screenshots.

Pokémon Liquid Ocean [HotY - 2006]

I know about the glitch in the roof of the building in the first screenshot and the glitch with the shadows near the rocks, they've been fixed.

Last edited:

me_co

Watch Out! Dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2018
    can any one tell me what page the beta is on. i checked the first but all thats on their is the alpga and you can only be in the first town help

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • me_co, the alpha is the only release from Christos, and you can wander around a bit more, you just need to keep talking with everyone.

Hmmm... Interesting... Do we actually see TR earlier this time? (Considering I'm seeing a truck there...)

Everything is looking good Christos, I like the palette changes you've been doing. I hope to see you advancing a bit more on the League Race, so we can see the next Gym Leaders, and other stuff. Good luck with... everything! XP

Magnezone

Some random trainer...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    great screenshots, your hack looks really different from the others. Your tiles look better than the regular Emerald ones. Keep up the good work!

Mrbadboy3

Unknown Friend
    Years
  • How come when I patch it to a clean rom we don't play as the character in your screens but the FR/LG characters =/

me_co

Watch Out! Dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2018
    i found that out just as i posted. any way i beet the first gym and i cant find cut, is this as far as you can go

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2007
    I have the same problem, I look all around for cut, plus, I cant go back to where the starter was given to me. Help!

Years
  • Well done christos you have imporved the game well...as i can see.
    I like the graphics they look better and the hero's overworld is nice!
    Keep at it

Giovanni

Years
  • You can't get cut yet, and you can only go to the first gym. :D

Yeah, that's team rocket at the beginning.

I wonder what he's going to do... :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I've had a lot of problems with emerald and I decided to restart this with FR.
    There will be a lot of changes in all the maps, here are some new maps and old ones to compare:

Legian town:

Before:

Now:

Akira town:

Before:

Now:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Oh... a restart... that's a shame really...

Oh well, at least we are now hacking the same thing! :D (So ask me anything scripting related if you want)

Well, I think you'll try to add some of the old LO tiles in FR as well, am I right? And, use the previous palette for the mountains, those were great.

OK, wishing you luck for the restarting... I hate that word, so many hacks had to do it...

Pheogia

Master of Noobs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2014
    Hey man, I've played the Alpha of this game, and it's pretty sweet. Your story is good, and the screens are awesome. Sorry about havin to restart, hope you can get the game up and running on the again soon. Just wanted to know what the "?????????" item in the game does. I was just wondering if it served any real purpose, or if it was just an easter egg you threw in. I also have a suggestion for bumping down the first gym leaders Ivysaur a little, because if you started out with Tododile (like me) it was really hard to beat her, and I'm sure its about the same with Chicorita, but just a suggestion. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to play the final version!

Last edited:

Wuggles

Pokémon Omega
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Wow, This hack rocks!
    I really love all things xD

Go on make this thing like a real pokemongame =P

Years
  • well i kinda new i download and finishd first gym but i cant find cut i spoke to every person there in all the places i was and no one give the cut how do i get it?

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2008
    Hey christos! Remember me? It's been a long time!
    Remember i gave you some glitches? ( Page 13 i think)
    I wanted to check back here! I'm now downloading the alpha!

Edit: Can't load it into visualboyadvance...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back