• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Liquid Ocean [HotY - 2006]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Well, Christos. You said the heroes' overworld sprites are still being remodelled? (both of them?), because I... don't kinda like them, yet (in my opinion the hero looks a bit chubby just because of his arm's position, and well, the heroine I couldn't manage to see her completely in any screenshot, so I'll wait to see what changes her hair gets), of course, just my opinion :P

Nevertheless, the hack still looks strong. Too bad it seems that with your responsability increase and your own life's business we don't get many updates as often as before, but, there's nothing we can do about it. Keep working on it whenever you can (by the way, good luck to the people helping you), everyone (including me) will be waiting for more updates and stuff.

Luck Chris...Semele, or whatever you like to be called now ;P

I haven't been posting many updates because I've been working on the events and a few more things for the pre-alpha. And the hero's front overworld might change, but I'll keep it for now.

This seems to be getting better and better each day (or two).
    I'd like to see this progress. By the way, yes, I agree with Zel on the overworld trainer sprites. There is a problem with the screenshots: In one, the male character is facing frontwards and his cap is facing in between the right and the top side, and in another screenshot, the male is facing right and his cap is facing backwards.

I hope you fix that problem, I'd like to see the Beta, because we have have been waiting for a long time. (almost a year?)

The new hero has no cap and the hack was completely restarted some time in April this year.

Pokémon Liquid Ocean [HotY - 2006]

The Pre-alpha is ready, it's up for downloading in the first post.
    It ends at the first gym. The next release will have two more gyms.

Post your comments or any glitch you find.

Years
  • Fun game, but starter has to low stats - why only mareep.
    And I loved your first Tilescreen, this is good too, but worse than it in Emerald...

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • I noticed 2 glitches while playing (I didnt even get to AkiraTown because of one thats why I post it) the first is that Daisy is talking about 7 empty boxes?????
    And then an invisible item on AkiraRoad which makes the game stop.(thats the one who stopped me :nervous: Iforgot to save before so I have to restart.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I noticed 2 glitches while playing (I didnt even get to AkiraTown because of one thats why I post it) the first is that Daisy is talking about 7 empty boxes?????
    And then an invisible item on AkiraRoad which makes the game stop.(thats the one who stopped me :nervous: Iforgot to save before so I have to restart.)

7 boxes? Can you show me a screenshot?

And the hidden item in Akira Road was fixed, it's not a problem.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
  • There was a mapping error above your house in the first town. The 7 boxes I think was when she was talking to you and May after getting Mareep. She says some things, then a bunch of empty text boxes come up.

I like this alpha so far, right now I'm battling to get into Akira Town.

Edit: That trainer with the Jigglypuff is really annoying.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    a played the beta and defeated the gym but what i saw whas 1 litle mapping mistake in the first town of a tree stump.

~dragonhacker

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    There was a mapping error above your house in the first town. The 7 boxes I think was when she was talking to you and May after getting Mareep. She says some things, then a bunch of empty text boxes come up.

I like this alpha so far, right now I'm battling to get into Akira Town.

Edit: That trainer with the Jigglypuff is really annoying.

That's why it's there. :P
    If you train to level 9 before you go to any trainer you can beat that trainer easily.

And the mapping error's been fixed, but last time I tested the pre-alpha, I don't remember any boxes in the script, and there's nothing wrong with the script, if I could see a screenshot maybe I could fix it.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
  • That's why it's there. :P
    If you train to level 9 before you go to any trainer you can beat that trainer easily.

And the mapping error's been fixed, but last time I tested the pre-alpha, I don't remember any boxes in the script, and there's nothing wrong with the script, if I could see a screenshot maybe I could fix it.
    I thought that might be the reason. :shocked:

Screenshots..

The blank box is there for, yes, about 7 presses of the A button.

Edit: Before you defeat the gym, if you check the statues by the entrance, they say you and your rival have already won. The gym's trainer still has the same text as if the gym leader were Brock. The badge is called the BUZZ BADGE, though usually it's just BUZZBADGE. Just a small thing I noticed, but maybe you did that on purpose.

I like how the story is shaping up, and how generally well put together this is so far. No Pokemart Parcel, and a good event before the first gym. This hack is defiantly now one of my favorites.

Just finished. I liked it a lot. Seemed a little short, but maybe I'm just too into it right now. Haha.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I found what made the text be like that before and it's been fixed.

And the statues' text is fixed too, I'll upload another patch again with that fixed.

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
  • I really liked the pre alpha! Wish there was more tho obviously but it is really shaping up to be an awsome hack! I didnt really find any bugs, the story line is pretty good also. Nice feel to the hack. I like how its a bit harder than most hacks at the beginning, not being able to catch pokemon for a while. And having the lab in a different town is pretty neat as well. I like how May is in it. All in all this is looking like an awsome hack, well done. I will be looking here often, this has become one of my fav hacks:D Keep it up!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    I don't know what to do. I went into the one ghost room and talked to the two guys then they ran away and now I can't find them...

EDIT: In LEGION MEADOWS, I would suggest lowering the frequency of the wild pokemon. It gets really annoying when a pokemon appears usually every step.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    It's supposed to be like that so that when you get your starter, a pokémon will appear.

And the only reason to go in the grass is to train, if you want to get your pokémon healed you can go in Daisy's house.

And Barker, Hoenn's badges were like that so I did it like that.

I uploaded the pre-alpha again, it's the same but the minor bugs found were fixed.

Knoxius

Knoxskorner.com
    Years
  • Wow this game is truly one of the best game out there

Tiles are awsome and the OW's are awsome the whole game is just awsome I hope all goes well with finishing the rest of the game

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Hey Christos! Well, played the Alpha and it was fine (a bit short to my taste, but that's why it's an alpha :P)

I was quite happy with the game's start (that Milotic in the titlescreen could be a bit more colorful, don't you think?) Anyway, the beginning looks like in D/P. Perhaps a battle right after obtaining Mareep could have been cool XD

Seems like you always make the sprites disappear with a flash, it's good to be different than everyone else, but I don't know, it's kinda... shocking...

You seem to be giving TMs in an increasing power way, or something like that (the Bug Gym gives a Plant TM, that sounds wrong, but if the plan is to give TMs in power increasing order, it could be fine, that's why I'm asking if you want to change the moves in the TMs)

Well, I couldn't find many errors in the alpha (a few text errors on interior maps that I'm sure you know about them, so I'll skip them), just take a closer look at the OWs when they are walking... Some of their colors (outlines, mainly) seem to change, that's all.

Good luck with the rest of the game, Christos!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Hey Christos! Well, played the Alpha and it was fine (a bit short to my taste, but that's why it's an alpha :P)

I was quite happy with the game's start (that Milotic in the titlescreen could be a bit more colorful, don't you think?) Anyway, the beginning looks like in D/P. Perhaps a battle right after obtaining Mareep could have been cool XD

Seems like you always make the sprites disappear with a flash, it's good to be different than everyone else, but I don't know, it's kinda... shocking...

You seem to be giving TMs in an increasing power way, or something like that (the Bug Gym gives a Plant TM, that sounds wrong, but if the plan is to give TMs in power increasing order, it could be fine, that's why I'm asking if you want to change the moves in the TMs)

Well, I couldn't find many errors in the alpha (a few text errors on interior maps that I'm sure you know about them, so I'll skip them), just take a closer look at the OWs when they are walking... Some of their colors (outlines, mainly) seem to change, that's all.

Good luck with the rest of the game, Christos!

I didn't add a battle after obtaining the Mareep, but wild pokémon will attack you about every two steps.

And sometimes Magma and Aqua disappeared with flashes too, so I used it in some of the events.

And the TM list is going to change, the plant PM is there because it was supposed to be a grass gym before.

And I'll see about the overworlds' outlines and edit them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    hi..i currenly finished the first gym and after i defeat the leader idk where to go..i dont see any sudowoodo or any event..and there is this glitchy thing wit the professor's house.whenever i go in..i dont see anyone but the professor.and suddenly a rocket battle the me and i got 5 free pokeballs and the pokedex event..thx for the awesome rom! :D

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
    Years
  • The screenshot is looking good Semele/Christos :) I will soon check it out and some post of my views on it.

And Good Luck with the hack :D

Rick TH

WHA?
    Years
  • Hm, this hack looks to be very nice. I'm just about to start trying on it. From what I see so far, though, it looks great.

I can't wait to start playing. =o So I'll finish this up quickly and download it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back