• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Descent into Darkness [IC][T]

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    'Now that, that is all over.. I might as well carry out my other obligations, just to get them out of the way.. '

Michalis, already properly expectant, and equipped for his venture towards the notorious summits and plateaus of the well- renowned 'Forgotten Peaks,' meandered his path through the unfamiliar ramparts of the Summer's quarters, lost once again. Indeed, it was quite vexing to venture into a setting one is unfamiliar with. But, then again, it was quite the experience, at least. He lamented, sighing in dismay, but pressed forward, departing from the accursed dwelling.

Taking notice of the Aggron, whom he had briskly spoken to earlier in the instructor's impromptu rendezvous, Michalis considered asking for his accompaniment for his venture to the towering peaks. But then again, the sir was quite occupied with his little chat with tenderfoots, whom had newly entered into the guild. He simply waited, until their chat had concluded to approach the man.

Ashygirl

Ash is my bae!
    Years
  • Symon "Sy" Riley​

Sy thought for a moment, he knew that going by what some voice told him was kinda silly they were all he had to go on. Sy wondered it was even fair. If what the voice said was true he had an advantage no one else had. He was starting to wish he never heard that voice.

Maybe if I just find a few and pretend I didn't others, it would be more fair. he thought. ...but, Mike's depending on me. I don't want to make out that I'm no good. Ohhhhh...what am I gonna do?!"

That's when an armored Aggron walk towards them. Sy instinctively took a step back. He didn't feel comfortable around pokemon bigger than him. The Aggron told them to be careful while searching for the grottoes. sy nodded.

"Y...yeah, okay. Thanks." he managed to say just above a whisper."

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years

• Nathan Carrey

Chapter 0.1: The Expedition

198,1999,200. Phew. Now that the push ups were over Nathan decided to read a book while sipping some Oran Berry juice. He was reading a very interesting book, "On The Evolution Of Pokemon By Means Of Natural Selection." It's author - Charles Hugo implied that all pokemon had evolved from smaller and weaker creatures called animals.

Apparently these animals evolved into creatures called pokemon to survive better in this harsh climate of the world. Many pokemon had protested with the release of this book because they believed that pokemon were created by Arceus in 7 days.

However, Nathan firmly believed in the regulations of the book. After all there had to be some scientific sense in the world. After reading five chapters Nathan sat down and rested thinking up the day's plan. Like a phantom a Sawk came into the room.

"How many times have I told you to knock at the door Jim." scolded Nathan.

"Sorry, sir but I've got something for you." said the fearful Sawk holding an old paper in restless hands.

Nathan took the paper and read it. It told about an expidition for instructors to the Forgotten Peak. 'Well that seems interesting.' he thought to himself munching a popcorn. The Sawk went out of the room as quietly as he came out of fear.

Nathan took out a map he had drawn of the entire region. He then packed a lot of food and then ten bottles of Oran Berry Juice. He got lonely at nights without it. Next he put on his light weight armour. Brilliant for running.

When he set out of his door Nathan decided whom he would like to accompany him. Then it struck him. Campbell Yates was a good friend of Nathan's. Nathan decided to invite him for the expedition. He knocked at the door and shouted through some groves in the Quarters, "Hi Campbell it's me Nathan. You must have got the letter for the expedition. You want to come along with me."

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
    Years
  • Michael Abbott - Words of Warning

As they contemplated their first move, a voice was heard, telling them that getting to the grottoes would be the difficult part. As Mike turned to talk to the one who warned them, he was surprised to see the huge Aggron called Juggernaut. He had heard some tall tales about his strength and skill and felt they had at least some truth to them. Why would he, though, be concerned about their wellfare that he'd warn them and not others?

"Thank you for your cautionary words," Mike said to the large instructor, "I think we can handle it, though. This task wouldn't be put before us if no one thought we could survive it." Suddenly, he had an idea. Since he was an instructor, he may be able to say whats inside of the grottoes. He thought he had heard mention of traps. "So how are the grottoes guarded? Are there traps set or is there a pokemon inside of them?" he almost seemed to bombard the Aggron with questions, "I just wanted to know what we were up against. Its always better to be prepared."

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Chapter 1: Part 1: We've Been to the Mountaintop
    Campbell Yates

Yates pulled his cannons back into his shell and looked at the surrounding bodies. Moments before he had been ambushed by a horde of Liepard and Mightyena, but the Blastoise had easily repelled them. "Damn savages." He scoffed and wiped a bit of blood off of his fist. It had gotten a little hairy at one point, so he was forced to use Focus Punch, his last resort. "Well...Anybody left?" He looked for the other members of his Rescue Team, but came up with nothing. Their bodies weren't around, so he was assuming they left while he was busy. He couldn't blame them. He was pretty strong.

Campbell walked into the base with a smile on his face. He was happy to be back. There was so much he had left to do. He had to polish his shell, polish his cannons, eat, and relax. "Evening gentlemen." He nodded to a few of the other instructors and members as he walked to his room. A Swampert approached him. "Hey there Campbell. How did the last misson go?"

"Ah, it went well Josiah. I had a ball with some Liepards and Mightyena, but other than that it was pretty uneventful. The usual." The Blastoise's booming voice echoed throughout the hallway. "I have to be going though. I'll see you later." He continued onto his room. When he entered his room, he managed to polish his shell and cannons. How he did it, the world will never know. Not moments after he sat down, he heard a call at his door. He opened it up and saw his old friend, Green Knight. "Hey there Nathan. An expedition? I haven't gotten anything about an expedition. But sure. I'm in for an adventure."

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Jeremy "Juggernaut" Colossus

both the Rilou and the Tyrouge responded, one rather quietly and the other rather courageous...

then the Tyrouge began asking him some questions, "So how are the grottoes guarded? Are there traps set or is there a pokemon inside of them? I just wanted to know what we were up against. Its always better to be prepared."

Jeremy smiled, "the grottoes are guarded in a variety of ways... traps of any kind, pokemon trained to put your skills and strengths to the tests... just be cautious... everything there is designed to test you to your extreams," he lowered his head slightly, "and if you exceed the standards, and pass my standards... I'll make you two some new armor. good luck you two... I'm looking forward to seeing your results." with that he smiled and turned to leave. As he was leaving he saw a Salemence... the one from earlier in the instructors meeting room. he looked at the Salemence, and walked over to him, "hello sir, nice to see you outside of the meeting house, well it's nice to officially meet you, I'm Jeremy, often known as the Juggernaut, and you are?" he asked.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    "Well met, Jeremy. I'm Michalis; Michalis Ridell." Michalis remarked, concluding the proffer of appellations among the twosome. He had been meaning to ask for the Aggron's accompaniment; indeed he had.

Calmly, he spoke of his proposition.

"I've been meaning to ask for your accompaniment to the 'Forgotten Peaks.' Surely, it's possible, no?"

Ashygirl

Ash is my bae!
    Years
  • Sy started playing with his scarf again. He still felt at war with himself about whether to do what the voice said or not. The Riolu sighed, there where no other leads to go on. What can he do. There was only one thing to do, but he didn't have to like it. He turned to Mike.

"Urrm....maybe we should check the Summer quadrant first?" he asked shyly.

Sy felt bad about this already. He was really starting to wish he never heard that voice. Sy hated dishonesty a trait he got from his mother. He shook a little in disgust. He began to wonder if he should tell Mike about this, but Sy was afraid that he'd think he's gone mad. So for now he'd keep it to himself.

Years
    • Seen yesterday

"Well met, Jeremy. I'm Michalis; Michalis Ridell." the Salemence responded following up with a question, "I've been meaning to ask for your accompaniment to the 'Forgotten Peaks.' Surely, it's possible, no?"

Jeremy nodded at Michalis, "Sure thing... to be honest I was waiting to go with someone," after a moments pause, "shall we be on our way then?" he said with a motion of his hand.

"Yes. Let's get going. On your lead, then?" Michalis remarked, assenting to the Aggron's request.

Jeremy nodded and walked out the door, with Michalis following

Soon enough they made it to the base of the mountain where Forgotten Peak was found. "Quite the hike," Jeremy commented, "Well it's a good thing they had instructors partner up huh?" Jeremy said referring to how he knew dragons weren't fond of Ice types.

"what do you think? should we Hike up now or later on? also would you rather that I take point or watch your flank?" Jeremy asked, he needed to know how they were going to operate as a group, such things were important after all.

siiadams

Years
  • Michael Abbott - Summer Quadrant

"Summer quad, huh?" Mike voiced his companion's idea, "Sounds like as good a place as any to start. Let's go." With that, Mike started walking to the hallway for the summer quad. Right away, he noticed the buzzing of activity within a few of the rooms. The nearest commotion came from the room on his left, he noted, and slowly opened the door. Inside, it looked like a lounge for instructors or something. He watched intently as a couple other students fought a pair of Beedrill, seemingly larger than usual.

The students fighting them, though, seemed to be losing the fight. Pretty soon, they decided to run away. Mike got out of the way as the students flew past them, out the door and heading for safety. Mike turned to Sy and softly spoke, "They were fighting a pair of Beedrill inside. I can probably handle one by myself, but do you think you can face the other? I have a feeling they were placed as guards for one of the grottoes."

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • "EEEK!" The silly spinarak's had gotten all over opel that she simply had to shriek with disgust. She couldn't handle it anymore, that the pressure finally hit her, and she ran in the other direction!

"Opel wait!" Ermine shouts but Opel screeches off and out the forest. Once she is out she pants for a while before straightening herself up and trotting back to base, a glum expression on her face. She failed her mission already.

WSe gets back with a uff and sits on a cold bench in the summer quadrant, not looking approachable, everyone knows when Opel's in a bad mood to stay away from her, but some people are still follish enough to try and cheer her up.

(sorry i had to rush it)

Ashygirl

Ash is my bae!
    Years
  • Symon "Sy" Riley​

Sy followed Mike to the Summer Quads. His ears perked up at the buzzing noise.

"Wh....what is that?"

Sy followed Mike to the room on the left nearly getting run over by a couple of fleeing pokemon. Sy looked inside and shuddered at the size of the Beedrills. He had never seen any quite that big before. Mike figured that the Beedrills where guards and asked if Sy would be able to take on one while he thought the other.

"Urm...Y...yeah I think so." he said trying to hide the uncertainty in his voice.

He had never fought Beedrill before. He wondered if he could really do it. He took a deep breath and got ready.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Opel looked at herself in a pond, concerned for her own well being and time in the guild. Obviously she was struggling to confront her fears, something she thought she could do being with Ermine. Hopefully she comes back safely. She sulks back to her small office room and rummages around for an old newspaper along with a pen which she lifts with her psychic and begins to fill in a crossword to take her mind of things. A berry used to restore health, 4 down. Oran. Too easy.

She was interrupted from her puzzle to hear a knock on the door. "Come in!" Opel shouts calmly. A lombre appears at the door carrying a box with a ribbon attached to it.
    "Someone asked me to deliver this to you!" the lombre says with a hushed tone, shy by the looks of things. Opel lifts herself of the chair and picks it up.
    "Hm, I wonder who it's from." She says to herself. Lombre slowly backs away to the door. "Thanks Lombre," Opel says with a sigh. Lombre seems to sow a sigh of relief as well, as the usually peppy teacher hasn't gone crazy and destroyed everything in her excitement.

The door closes and Opel sits back in her chair, the parcel on her knee. She begins by picking at one end of the ribbon, before concluding that that side is too tight to pull. The other side works, and soon just a paper box is left in its place, slowly the paper falling to one side to reveal the mystery gift. Opel rips it off slowly and inside is a little black box, rounded and smooth on the outside and seemingly made of black ice, although it is more likely glass. It has a button on on end of it, which Opel presses the moment she sets eyes on it. The box opens, and a miniature frosslass pops out. This is a present from her parents, it's obvious. Opel suddenly has a small burst of energy and she quickly puts away her present before walking outside. The air is cool as always, but too cold. Opel begins to wonder in the summer quadrant direction to observe the grotto finding challenge for herself. She isn't hyper at the moment, but very neutral. Her walk is slow and steady, and her smile is steady. She approaches the quadrant and sits on the grass there.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023

"Well met, Jeremy. I'm Michalis; Michalis Ridell." the Salemence responded following up with a question, "I've been meaning to ask for your accompaniment to the 'Forgotten Peaks.' Surely, it's possible, no?"

Jeremy nodded at Michalis, "Sure thing... to be honest I was waiting to go with someone," after a moments pause, "shall we be on our way then?" he said with a motion of his hand.

"Yes. Let's get going. On your lead, then?" Michalis remarked, assenting to the Aggron's request.

Jeremy nodded and walked out the door, with Michalis following

Soon enough they made it to the base of the mountain where Forgotten Peak was found. "Quite the hike," Jeremy commented, "Well it's a good thing they had instructors partner up huh?" Jeremy said referring to how he knew dragons weren't fond of Ice types.

"what do you think? should we Hike up now or later on? also would you rather that I take point or watch your flank?" Jeremy asked, he needed to know how they were going to operate as a group, such things were important after all.

Michalis assented to Jeremy's remark, "Yes. The hike is much more rigorous than I had expected. But, it shouldn't prove too much of a challenge for the guild members."

He smiled, "Well, I would appreciate it, if you'd watch my flank. Though, ultimately it is your choice. Either one would be fine, to be frank."

"Thank you. I couldn't have hoped for a more experienced partner."

The frozen tundra, as rugged as it was, was vexing to properly traverse through; though, with proper appendages, it was much easier. Crystalline spires of icicles interspersed within the snow- covered, barren setting.

Though, his gaze shifted onto the murky silhouettes that had become visible, despite the obscurity of the pallid, white powder that befell the Arctic setting.

"Hm. Jeremy, it looks as if we have some company." Michalis remarked warily, gesticulating at the shadowy silhouettes afar. Though truth be told, the silhouettes were simply too vague, to be properly recognized.

Years
    • Seen yesterday

Jeremy followed behind Michalis, during their hike he noticed a variety of marvels the Ice spires just then Michalis spoke up, "Hm. Jeremy, it looks as if we have some company."

Jeremy looked at what Michalis was cautious of... strange, murky silhouettes... they looked like something ghosts would use or even ice types in the area would use to hide themselves, "watch your step Michalis... something's off here," Jeremy staired longer at the Silhouettes, "is it just me or are those things getting closer?" he noticed that one of them was a large figure.

"take a defensive stance Michalis... we might have quite a fight on our hands."

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    The shadowy silhouettes became much vivid, and clearer, as the befalling glimmer of the white powder had palliated, to a certain extent. A pale, light azure ursine, with bluish, white tinted fur, uprightly confronted the twosome, his expression alight with enmity; truth be told, the sinewy Beartic appeared considerably formidable, its tact, robust fore claws vibrantly gleaming.

"Begone! We have no business with the likes of you!" He bellowed menacingly.

Michalis pleaded, "No, please! Listen--!"

"How dare you! I will not tolerate such insolence! Begone, or be frozen by the Arctic winds!" The sinewy Beartic retorted.

A gale of white powder, and crystalline icicle spires advanced towards the twosome, only to be properly intercepted by a flurry of igneous stones, with jagged, robust extremities, released in an uninterrupted succession by Michalis himself.

"Jeremy.. ! We- we have no choice.. but to fight-- !" Michalis bellowed.

The azure, robust ursine, advanced further, nearing the twosome. A spiraling torrent of water encased the sinewy ursine in an aqueous shell, hastening closer, and closer to the rather grave twosome.

"Here he comes!"

(("Gale of white powder.. spires" is Blizzard. "Flurry of stones" is Stone Edge. And "spiraling torrent of water" is Aqua Jet.))

siiadams

Years
  • Michael Abbott - Summer Quadrant

Hearing Sy's wavering voice confirming that he was ready was all Mike needed to know. "Let's go..." he said to the little Riolu as he walked into the room. The Beedrill were chuckling to themselves as Mike walked in. The duo turned to the Tyrogue and laughed out loud. One pointed a needle arm towards him and chuckled. "So," it buzzed, "does another newcomer want to test his luck against our might?" The other slowly flew forward and had a very nasty-looking smile on its face and said, "Can I scare this one away? You had so much fun with the last group." The first Beedrill nodded and slowly backed away, "Very well, then...have fun!"

Mike assumed a fighting position as he focused his attention on the smiling bug before feeling a sharp pain in his right arm. The first bug shot a Poison Sting at him. Fortunately the poison didn't take effect and got Mike angry. Shooting a glance at the first, he barely avoided getting hit with a Poison Sting from the other. Mike had enough, "Alright then. If thats the way you want it...". He soon launched himself at the first Beedrill as his fist became covered in flames. He hit the Beedrill with his Fire Punch and made sure he kept his eyes on both foes.

Mike wasn't sure what to do as both buzzed around him quickly. It was apparent to everyone but Mike: he needed help for this fight.

Years
    • Seen yesterday

Jeremy stepped in front of the attacks and of Michalis, lowered his head and crossed his arms over his head to block the attacks. first the Blizzard hit, the padding of his armor kept him mostly warm and it deflected the Ice, then the stones hit, also deflected by his armor.

then came the aqua jet, which hit with such force that he had slid back a few feet but kept his footing, the only problem was, now the padding in his armor was wet and absorbing the cold... he knew however that with enough time he could warm up the padding and it being wet it could still hold in the heat better than his padding alone. but now his armor was shiny, as if it was freshly washed and polished.

Jeremy smiled at the Beartic, "thanks, my armor needed some polishing... but now it's my turn!" Jeremy raised a fist and punched the ground, as soon as his fist hit the mountain rock, cracks started to form underneath the snow, then the cracks moved towards the Beartic, finally micro eruptions exploded from underneath him, pushing him into the air and causing him to land not to far away from them.

Jeremy walked over to where he laid and placed his foot on the Beartic's chest, and leaned over, "we have no quarrel with you sir, stand down, and we will let you live, as long as you stay in the frosted forest behind you, you will have no trouble with us... understand?"

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    The physically robust Beartic smiled slyly, despite his grave, albeit apparent, loss, "Humph. You talk as if you've won. Granted, you are strong- willed, I'll give you that much."

He paused, "However.. "

The azure ursine faded into thin air, only to reappear surreptitiously behind the twosome.

"I will not fall so easily."

A colossal, cresting rivulet of water wholly laundered the befalling crisp white powder, that had interspersed within the gelid ground, as the sinewy Beartic had spoke.

The sapphire ursine bellowed, "Begone!"

Michalis gazed in awe, at the monstrous magnitude of the ensuing torrent of water. Truth be told, its sheer proposition attested considerably demanding to overcome.

He dreaded the thought. With my arsenal.. I have nothing to stop an assault at such a large scale, let alone impede it.. I need Jeremy's assistance..

"Jeremy.. ! By all means, we have to elude that wave.. !" Michalis bellowed, his tone as grave as his expression.

Michalis, then, hurled a flurry of igneous stones, each with jagged edges, towards the roaring torrent of water. Though, that did little to mar its advance.

He cursed. Damn. Even that did nothing..

Back