• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: "Pokémon Naranja" 2005 Hack of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichuscute

Super Pichu Fan
Years
  • ya, they both were clean, i just downloaded them... but one only loads a white screen and the other doesnt load past the beginning credits and im using vba

Pichuscute

Super Pichu Fan
    Years
  • god this sux, i got as far as the end of oaks talk then it stopped. and i got the only ruby rom that seemed real from 4share. can u give me a link or tell me which one to use?wait i found another
    EDIT: i think i got it, so thx and this hack is awesome

Last edited:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Yes, there are not many steps you must do to get the English translation, or just get it to work.
    For the English translation:

- Go to the main thread of the "Pokémon Naranja" 2005 Hack of the Year. Next, scroll down the page, around the bottom, above the fan userbars/banners, then click on "Download the English Patch!" or something similar to that. It should send you straight to WAH, where the download of Naranja English (known as Orange) is waiting.

And if you need it to work, these are some things that you might need to change...

- If you are using Visual Boy Advance for the first time, you should go to Options --> Emulator --> Save Type --> Flash 128k. For GBA ROMs it is Flash 64k, I believe. I don't know why it's like that, but that's just how it is.

- You might not have downloaded WinRAR, WinZIP, or Lunar IPS. These are usually essential, because most hacks come in either a WinRAR or WinZIP format, so you need this. And it is a very bad idea to give a straight-on ROM, so people make it IPS-format.

- You might have not set your keyboard's directions correctly... just go to Options --> Joypad --> and then set whatever it is you need. (Ex: If you press A, that means that it is A in the game, but I usually make the Spacebar my A, so...)

Anyways, just some useful tips for beginners who don't know how to start Naranja, or any other hacks that have been released to the public.
    Well, keep it up, Serg!o, and I hope to see some releases/screenshots or somethig like that! ^^

If you'd still need help, someone can quote this, so you don't have to type it again... -_-

Years
  • hi guys i just wanna know the status of the development, i've read thru everything but can't find it so hope i'm not repeating this question, but is there gonna be a beta 3 or is this discontinued? Also since my new topics might not show up, can someone give me the link to the full version of Pkmn Quartz? The topic was closed so i couldn't post a reply there, sry if i post it here. Btw the links in that topic are dead, i did download it from Whack-A-Hack tho but is that the full version?

hayvan999

Psychic power!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2011
    gr8 hack! im not rlly used to the spanish things but o well. i can guess what they mean by looking at the old english versions

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2008
    I got a certain issue.
    When I get the English patch and a copy of the Pokemon Ruby Rom I downloaded, I patched it as usual. But when I played the game, it gets frozen before the title loads.

I tried everything, even downloaded the Luna IPS to patch it. But it doesn't seem to work. As in, the patch hates me. TT^TT Pls. help me in this problem.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
  • you might want to try re-downloading the hack itself perhaps? the ruby Rom i have works like a charm. if the ruby rom you have is the MUGS version, it will not work.

Also, itman, hayvan is talking about even though the english version is supposed to be in English, there are a few things that arent in English

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Wanna know what I did?
    I played a New Game in an ordinary Ruby and saved it in the screen after the title screen with Shift+F1, then I load the save file on Naranja and it worked perfectly. :P

hayvan999

Psychic power!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2011
    ok first of all i just want to say that the game is great! ive been playing it for a day now. those geodudes that you put in there are the best. i just keep battling them for free xp.

but now im stuck in the game. i have lapras with surf and i surfed north and that kid wont let me pass through. and thers nothing else to do. can u help me?

Huh? There is a full english version, what are you talking about?

w8 so its like only english? and thers no single spanish thing in there? if there is plz tell me where to get it!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2008
    you might want to try re-downloading the hack itself perhaps? the ruby Rom i have works like a charm. if the ruby rom you have is the MUGS version, it will not work.

Also, itman, hayvan is talking about even though the english version is supposed to be in English, there are a few things that arent in English

That's the problem...the rom. The non Mugs version is hard to find even if I had to search the internet. I know it has a AX something code in it or something..
    EDIT: Nevermind.... I got the clean version at last.

Last edited:
    Years
  • u can find roms at here, since i need 15 posts or more to post an URL i'll shorten it:
    freewebs.com/mrcina/gbagames.htm
    dgemu.com
    emuparadise.org
    emuxperts.net/dlpage/Nintendo_GBA/id/1272/download%200907%20-%20Pokemon%20-%20Ruby%20Version%20(U).zip
    gbxemu.com

there are tons, i hope i'm not breaking the rules cuz i'm not actually posting the roms itself but rather providing sites where users can download them individually.

And lastly can someone answer my question? I'll quote wat i said above:

hi guys i just wanna know the status of the development, i've read thru everything but can't find it so hope i'm not repeating this question, but is there gonna be a beta 3 or is this discontinued? Also since my new topics might not show up, can someone give me the link to the full version of Pkmn Quartz? The topic was closed so i couldn't post a reply there, sry if i post it here. Btw the links in that topic are dead, i did download it from Whack-A-Hack tho but is that the full version?

peyi

Tiler
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2012
    Well, sergio this hack is awesome, but just there is a problem (well for me), you use some tiles to the R'SE style, and i think that the FR style stay'll much better, I recommend to you that makes your tiles to the FR's style, it' stay'll cool XD

PD: when you use'll my gold meowth statue ?

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    Oh yeah serg!o, could you add a progress section on the main page?
    I realy like this hack, and i'm just wondering how far away b3 is gonna be.
    I checked WAH (translated) in early dec. and it said b3 would be realesed around now, so just wondering how far you are.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • i'm stuck agin, how do u get back to pallet town after you get lapras w/ surf?

You don't, i haven't played this in a while, but there were 2 places i remember going.

1. go to that place where the kirlia OW is (near where you got lapras) and surf if there is any water (probably not, but that's what i remember)

the 2nd thing i remember is surfing off one of the beaches and getting to the first gymleader eventually after a long time.

It's easy to get stuck in this game unless you watched the anime series of the orange islands (i didn't, it was hard)

Try those.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back