• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon NeoEras - The Tropical Adventure~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Thank goodness I made my
    moves yesterday! <D

It's actually almost midnight here,
    so I can't wait for updates! ^o^

Good luck~

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • You're trying to kill me... I'm so jealous T_T I've been wondering, how do you do that greenhouse look? It's okay If it's a secret thingie =P

Happy to see the game is moving along nicely!

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • ThreadGradient.png
    Pokemon NeoEras is developed by Vampire://Krimm. Pokemon Essentials created by Poccil

Ready, Set, Go~!Saturday, 12/6/08

It's Finally Here~! :D

Anticipation, anticipation, anticipation~! Welcome everyone, to the highly anticipated update, well atleast it has been highly anticipated by myself :p Before I truly begin this update, there are a few things I'd like to say first. First off, I'm sure many of you have thought of this already, but this update is not the release of the Installment. I apologize if that is what you were expecting, however hopefully this won't be a total disappointment c:

Second off, unless your blind, then you probably notice this spiffy new method of updating :o It's basically a throw up of CSS, yes, why yes it is XD I am not, however, going to say I came up with it on my own. The map background was inspired by the Ara Fell main page, while the rest of the page setup was heavily inspired by Pokemon Amethyst's Main Page, a game developed by Wichu. If you haven't already, make sure to check out his thread, this guy is a genius :D This Update CSS is strictly me trying out new styles, and may or may not be the official method of updating. Please tell me what you think of it, as I hope to eventually modify the main page with this style or something like it. Oh, and yes, I do realize there are a few transition errors on the maps, no need to point them out.

Thirdly and finally, before I begin the actual update, I want to say one thing...

Thank you. Everyone.

I'll try not to make this too blog-ish, but I want to take the time to say thanks to everyone, everyone and any one who has put forth their time and effort into helping NeoEras become so great. What brought this forth? Well... I was looking at the thread, and notice something...The thread had only been created 8 months ago! It feels like the game has been worked on for years, but that isn't even one year! I stopped and really thought "Whoa. Look how far this has come." Then I stopped, and realized that NeoEras wouldn't be ANYTHING of what it is without you guys, the supporters, the spriters, my inspirations, and my rivals who have all kept me going through this project. NeoEras is far from being a great game, it's only a game that I hope to further improve on.

I'd also like to say one special thanks to Twoie, or Archayos as most of you know him as. I've thanked him in credits and places, but never really told him how truly grateful I am for him. Archayos could be said as the one who created NeoEras, considering without him I would have never started Neo Eras with Rm2k3. And without him, I would have never known of Poccil's starter kit, and this whole thread would have never existed. He's done many things for me, and so I simply say, 'Thank you' for everything he's done.

And in case you're wondering, Archayos will not reply to this, and this fact is because a few months ago he was hacked, which resulted in the changing of his Password on PC and the Email that the "Forgot Password" would be sent to, basically meaning he can't log on D; He'll be back soon, hopefully >:

Matine.gif

The Announcement!

"Guuuh, get on with it!" Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm sure that's what you're all saying XD Now, let's begin with the actual update, shall we?

Ahem! SO. About a month ago, I began a New Game on the NeoEras file, to test the eventing to see how smoothly it ran. Well. It didn't. Remember how I said I realized how far I came? Well basically, this past month I've done nothing but re-eventing and enhancing the intro, the beginning events, and I am just now reaching Trivot Town, which is barely getting anywhere :o That just shows how much work is going into a single area. Basically I've done many things, from making cut scenes into actual cut scenes and even adding more cinematics. So what's this stupid update for, anyway?

I am officially Announcing the Release of Pokemon NeoEras Installment 1.
    -Scheduled to be Released December 31st, 2008.

Wooohooo~! Yeah, excited yet? This is a rough deadline, so it may be changed at any time however I am really determined to reach this deadline. So far the only thing that may not end up in the Installment are the new Pokemon, considering my lack of help with them.

Now~! "OMG ALL U DO IS WORK I WANT SCRENZ PLZ" Yes, I know you guys too well :3 Again, I don't want to show you everything, but I will release a few teaser screenshots of the Installment :D Hope you like~!

Installment 1 Showcase

News.png
    GenderSelection.png

TV Inspired by ShinyLugia :3
    NewMenu-1.png
    NewBattle.png

Original Menu Design done by Archayos, modified by me.

The Contest Results~!

Whoa~! This thing has gotten long XD; Let's wrap this up, shall we? Now, Thanks a ton to everyone who entered in the Move Contest, they're all great entries but I'm afraid only 4 People can win :x So let's get to announcing the winners~!

Winner of Fire Category:
    Pichu-Kun with Entry "Tsunami"

Winner of Grass Category:
    RSLaehnart with Entry "Willow Whip"

Winner of Water Category:
    Pokehero with Entry "Typhoon"

Winner of Other Category:
    ~Undefined~ with the Entry "Hadron Collider"

Grand Prize Winner:
    Annnnd, the Grand Prize Winner, the one whom I think created the most interesting and creative attack..is...

~Undefined~, with his Entry "Hadron Collider"

Congrats everyone :D All Rewards and Prizes will be handed out later today. Thank you everyone else who participated as well!

Matine.gif

The Closing Statement :x

Well guys, that seems to wrap up todays update~! Oh, wait...you say what? "What about showing the shadows?!" Ha ha, got you there ;D The other Outa Mythology Pokemon aside from Ria and Gia will not be revealed in the the topic at all. Heh :3 Hope the shadows got you guys excited to play the game!

And that's a wrap! While it wasn't much in the visual department, hopefully this clears up what I've been up to for the past few months :D Be expecting more exciting, cool updates in the coming month, all leading up to the Installment 1 Release Party!

See you guys soon!
    And Remember PokeCommunity, stay tropical~!
    -Vampire://Krimm

Any and All Original Graphics and/or Ideas are Copyright [C] to Pokemon NeoEras, 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Oh shucks poor him about the being hacked. Anyway wow nice update. Just wondering what are the prizes. That map is also super amazing. And the menu.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    OMG, I loved that SO much! :O
    I'm very happy I one a
    category for contest moves! ^o^

The update layout is wonderful! :3
    Keep up the awesome work V://K. :3

Good luck~

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • First off- lovely presentation. I love all the screenshot mash ups for the background lol.
    God damn your release date. New Years eve? I won't being playing on launch- or maybe the first (because I'll have a massive hangover)- but I'll give ya feedback on the 2nd :P As you can guess, I'm joking, so yeah- can't wait!
    Niiice take on the menu. I love how it is totally different in look then all the menus out there.
    Good update.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years

• I feel very small. ._.

Wow. Just wow. Your update is... Amazing. Your maps make me think that I need to completley start over all my maps a THIRD time, which will probably happen... And I can't even figure out how to insert tiles! I'm glad you made a new update, and I can't wait for the Installment! Heck, I'd love any download, even if there's 35 or more errors! 8D You're game is so inspiring its making it harder for me to continue... I hope you can get to finishing the events in time!

~Nytkoi
    Sorry for stupid post, I do that sometimes. ._.

Darkraza

The shadow of the Skies
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Wow

Is the game done then?
    Wow

And:
    Typhoon is fire tipe not water
    and Tsunami is water not fire
    (you just mixed these two up a bit...)

Could you also release another video? Please!

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Whoa, thanks for all the comments guys :D I might as well and get to answering them now instead of waiting :p

@Darkraza: Nooo, the game isn't done. The First Installment features Gyms 1-2, featuring 6 Towns/Cities. But don't let 2 Gyms fool you, it's longer than you might think ;D And those two attacks aren't mixed up :x Look at them on the past page. Tsunami, for that attack, is a giant wave of a Lava :D And a Typhoon is a hurricane in the east :p

@Nytkoi: Awww, thanks <3 I'm so flattered that I inspire you so much! I just hope that the maps don't ruin the adventure of the Installment :x That's why the opacity on the update is thick, so you can't see the whole thing xP.

But don't worry about setting the standards for yourself o.o Just make what you're happy with, that's all that matters, considering all a Pokemon game is your imagination, right?

@Neo-Dragon: Heya Neo :D Thanks for your comment! And yeah, you enjoy yourself on New Years Eve XDDD There's no hiding it lol.

And I look forward to receiving your review :3

@Pokehero + Pichu-Kun: Thanks for your comments and congrats on winning :D

@Mitchman Is: The Prizes are on the last semi-update. The regular winners are going to get cool mini-tags for their signatures saying that they won the contest, and the grand prize winner gets a sneak-peak at the actual draft of NeoEras' plotline, and will get the Installment in Beta Phase, which is before it is released to the public.

Thank you all so much for commenting <333 I can't stress enough how much I truly appreciate your support. It keeps me going!

I'm glad you guys liked the update. So should I keep this Updating Method or should I look into redesigning it/changing it?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • You keep or you die. Nah kiddin but yeah i love the updating style. Maybe each menu could be bunch of maps that are connected but random like we wont know any names at all but we will see them. Good no?

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    I loved the screenies very much.
    They are sharp and caught my eyes!
    Keep it up!

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years

• Yay! : D

You're welcome, Krimm! I'm just glad you aren't annyoed that I post in your thread so much xD Now, on to topic... I think you should definitly keep this style, bscuase its amazing. And, I also have a question... Were your trainer sprites (boy and girl) made scratch?

By the way, who does the graphics (ie. The menu graphic, the new game screen) Even though Im pretty skilled in Photoshop, your graphics are pretty amazing!

Also, I'd love to know how to do that thingie with the boy and girl, but of course, Its fine if it's secret information only you, Archyoas, and Cerulian Sky can use, I'm fine with that aswell. Good luck~

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Nice stuff Krimmsy, I love the new updating style, and of course all of the goodies inside! Your project makes me want to be a better developer, Continue on with this amazing work.

Darkraza

The shadow of the Skies
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Oh...

Oh.. ok
    i should have looked before on these entries anyways
    i have a suggestion for a map:

Tipe: Land/Cave/Maze
    Name: Ancient Ruins
    Purpose: if the legends are somehow ancient, some tipe of ancient ruins as the place where you first see one of them would be highly apropiated, inside the temple would be some sort of maze. If you want me to make a concept for this maze no problem (search "Tikal" on google images, you find the tipe of temple im talking about)
    And if the legendary isnt that much ancient then three fossils should be located on it.

This is only a suggestion anyways...

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Question + Reply Time :3

@Darkraza: The meeting of the legendaries is already planned throughout the game considering they play a fairly large part throughout the plotline, however a maze idea would be nice to be featured in the one main ruin place in the game ;D

@Yuoaman: Thanks :D Just keep on practicing <3 And I never see you on MSN anymore D; Get on more!

@Nytkoi: :o I'm never annoyed with comments in the topic, just don't double post XDD; I don't know whether or not the sprites are complete scratches or if references are used; I'm not involved in the production of the trainer sprites, I just ask for them ;3 But Saiyu-chan does a wonderful job, does she not?

Oh, and I do all Photoshop related things for NeoEras. Custom Graphics, Thread Graphics, etc. As for the Gender thingy, it's no secret but I can't exactly 'explain' it. The base eventing was done by Archayos.

@Mitchman Is: Hmm, perhaps. If I update again I'll probably keep using these same maps but anything past the bottom route will just be trees or something :x I may also increase the opacity of the white areas...

Oh, and something I forgot to mention earlier in the update is that OG is the one who helped me get the new Startup screen the way it is. Thanks a lot Omega Groudon <3

Anywho~ Sorry you guys for not getting the prizes done this weekend after I said I'd have them done last night :x After spending all morning on the update and NeoEras my mind was fried so I ended up taking the rest of the weekend off as a personal break. While watching 13 Episodes of Ouran High School Host Club.

News wise, I hooked up my wireless mouse WHICH HAS MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE. My previous mouse for some reason is incredibly stupid :c With that it makes eventing a lot easier xP

Regarding NeoEras, I hope to complete eventing up to Maresia City by this coming weekend, and I hope to release a new update next Saturday or Friday, not sure yet... BUT I'm not sure of what I should update on... So if there's anything you guys would like to see in particular, let me know :D Plot wise, Custom Graphics, etc..?

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
    Years
  • I would like to see more in the plot area I would like to see how the story is coming up in the game.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • yea i agreen wit ryush man, the eye candy is great but your not postin much of the bits of plot i usually like to see as little spoilers. its still nice through man. and has the same problem with my old mouse

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back