• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon: Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Pokémon: Next Generation (UPDATED)

Pokémon: Next Generation

.:: Hack Name ::.

.:: Hack of ::.

Pokémon Fire Red (BPRE)

.:: Introduction ::.
    This is my second hack, that first wasn't good and I think this will be better. I'm making it first time with FR, because of better graphics.
    I started to think about new region after .romhackersweekly Issue 9, but I didn't decided yet. So, view this post often for news.
    This hack received the .rhw 9 über award.

.:: Story ::.
    You are about to enter the region. Prof. OAK asks, what's your name and if you're boy or girl, then, old friend speaks to you, but OAK forgot his name, so you have to help him :) . Then you wake up from your dream (funny, isn't it?) and you go to the OAK's lab to get your POKéMON. First advenure starts in Pallet forest, that wasn't here before, as mom told you.
    It hides big surprise, but you don't get it so soon. Then you go back to the town and search for Prof. You go to the route, but he suddenly appears and calls you into his LAB. There you meet your old friend, and you both take your first POKéMON. You will battle with your old friend. There your adventure begins....

.:: Features ::.
    * Map changes
    * Bonus places
    * New GYM system
    * EEVEE as starter
    * Changing some sprites of POKéMON, taking from other games.
    * Maybe new region

.:: Team ::.

Mappers: me
    Spriters: me
    Scripts: Christos, Perappu
    Helpers (or they want to be): Micklo

.::Beta testing::.
    Beta 1 is out, as you can see, but for early Beta 2 testing find glitches from Beta 1, that you can't find by cheating. Then you will be certified as Pokémon: Next generation beta tester.

Certified testers:

Christos
    Perrapu

.::Beta 2 release date::.
    For testers: in next two weeks from 28th May.
    For whole PC: week after testing.

.:: Screenshots ::.

▲See that revamped Pikachu?

▲Battle Hall

▲Celebi the Healer - New place in the game

▲Viridian City - Clearwater lake

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    Awesome Hack! I just played the BETA, and i loved it! I could be a BETA Tester if you want. I did find a few Bugs. The worst one is when i talk to the guy who teaches Dream Eater to one of your Pokémon. After i finnish talking to him, i turn into a random person and the main character just stands in the place where the man was.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Yeah, I can't solve it.... That bug is nightmare.
    OK, when I'll prepare cities with halls and league (hope it'll be short time),
    you can test it as first. And if you know about ANYONE, who can solve that problem, please tell him I need help. And I noticed that something is wrong in the Pallet...

BTW thanks for playing beta.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    It's ok. I should be thanking you for maing it! I'm not sure i know anybody that could fix it, but you could try asking Dark_E. He's a fair Hacker. I think it's awesome that you have two leaders, but ow about putting a little bit more in the Gym? And you could make Misty's starmie lv10, and Brock's Onix lv10. I think that would make the Hack even better, if possible!

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Fine. Thanks for ideas. BTW, you will find all legendaries in Warp chambers, placed all over region.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    Awesome, Is every Gym going to have two leaders? That will be mad. Could i be a gym leader, or an Elite Four? I've got the perfect idea for a Rock/Ground Type Trainer.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    OK, choose name (hitme2k5 is bit weird), your POKéMON (max. 4, level range 42 - 48) and make your sprite. If you don't want to make sprite, I will make random one. Because you want to be rock/ground trainer, you will replace Bruno in E4 - leaders of gyms will be same.

EDIT: Next two lucky boys/girls who will ask as first two, have place in E4 - you will need to post things written above.

I will be in E4 too:
    Name: Watson Jr.
    Type: Normal
    Number of Pokémon: 2
    Pokémon: Pidgeot, Eevee
    Sprite: working on

Last edited:

~Archer~

I am the bone of my sword.
    Years
    I like this hack. it has a bright future.
    i really like the idea of Pallet Town forest and two Gym leaders at once.

Oh i can join the E4 thats nice.
    Well:

Name: Yoh
    Type: Psychic
    My pokemon:
    Espeon Lvl. 42
    Kadabra Lvl. 43
    Kadabra Lvl. 43
    Gardevoir Lvl. 45

if Espeon and Gardevoir are a no go they can be replaced with Mr. Mime and Alakazam.
    I don't have a sprite plus i would like to see what random sprite you will choose to use.

Last edited:

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    OK, is now complete, Mimi Fan, you want sprite by me too?
    Just wait, I will complete Strike's sprite.

When I'll complete sprites and putting E4 trainers into game, you all can give me your random trainer requests, but only with sprites.
    EDIT

Strike, here is your sprite.

That my is down there

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    OK, let's see......
    Trainer name: Elite 4 Matt
    Pokémon:
    Golem lv 42
    Aggron lv 44
    Rhydon lv 46
    Tyranitar lv 48

Now that is just the best team ever! I'm hopeless at sprites so i will let you make them.

If i'm allowed two more then my team will be:
    Golem lv 40
    Aggron lv 42
    Nidoking lv 44
    Nidoqueen lv 46
    Rhydon lv 48
    Tyranitar lv 50

Last edited:

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Fine, so I'll make Mimi Fan's sprite and from now... ...you can ask for random trainer in game, but need name and sprite. No Pokémon changes, sorry.

Posted by Mimi Fan

What do you mean by trainer requests like make a new trainers you battle like Aroma Lady,Hiker, and Swimmer

Yes, new type of trainer, used just once in a game, can be more (I hope).

Next answer (didn't notice one sentence)
    Posted by hitme2k5
    If i'm allowed two more then my team will be...

You want two more Pokémon? Sorry, but I want to make levels and number of POKéMON used - I will be last and have one more - like in GSC, what makes game easier, that means trainer won't be so frustrated by hard E4.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Fine. BTW, you wanted it look like character from Shaman King?

Vipershark

What user title?
    Years
    Great hack! As always, I turned on the walk thru walls code to experiment, and I found some good maps. Brock's gym is still the same. I didnt make it to cerulean. Viridian forest is in pallet town so you have to walk thru walls to get there. The unknown dungeon is Mystic cave too...

I can help out with the game. I can beta test, do mapping, and edit text.

I wanna be in E4.

Name: Stephen
    Type:Water/Ice, I guess
    Pokémon:
    Cloyster lv 42
    Feraligatr lv 44
    Dewgong lv 46
    Vaporeon lv 48

~Archer~

I am the bone of my sword.
    Years
    Nah, Why would i wanted it to look like a character from Shaman king?
    ( looks at theme ) oh right.

but seriously, I never really had an idea what it should look like. But that sprite really says "what do you want from me?" and i like that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back