• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon: Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipershark

What user title?
    Years
    Sugimori said:
    Okay, don't worry, I will continue this hack, and I want to introduce you new Pallet Forest! If you know how to solve problems with border blocks (not shown on screenshots), tell me. And I still need Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle big sprites. Okay?

So, here are the screenies:
    Pokémon: Next Generation

It looks more natural now, and what do YOU think?

Cool, you're doing Pallet Forest too. Sorry it's taking so long. I put it off for a while but I'll finish up soon.

Blaze Dragon

Blazes of Wisdom
    Years
    I played the demo. A little glitch I saw was when John (I think it was his name) gives you TM01, it says: (char. name) obtained TM01 from the John! A little grammar error, though

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Yay! Big update!

Answers!!!

Blaze Dragon:

I am from eastern Europe, and I learn English in the school, and sometimes I make mistakes in grammar. I'll fix it, and when Beta 2 will be complete, I'll give it to you for revision, okay? And by the way, it is HM 01, not TM.

Hiccup:
    I am not on my computer (I'm on grandma's), and I won't get on it this and next week. I'll show you later.

BIG UPDATE!

Hey, people, I started to make whole mapping over, leaving the concept same, but making them more natural looking, made new professor (her text is blue >_<, I think that's in script coding) and when I get scripts, I'll try to make alternate start. Prof.'s sprite is technically same as on the screenies, but with pallete change. And added more people. Now, when I don't need to make everything by myself, I can map up to Vermilion. Fully texted will be only Pallet (in beta 2).

Now some screenies with comments ;):

New nurse, eh? Just daycare.

Daisy's house on the hill! And now you can get there ;)

Family with rival again?

Voice of nature... :D

Pallet Forest with (again) new design

Back to the other side of river...

Just left forest

In the town

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2024
    Wow. Just wow.

But what happened to Oak? And if he is truly gone for good, how does that affect what pokemon Gary gets?

Sugimori said:
    3. When I'll change intro and OAK's text, you'll understand.
    Here, Gary isn't grandson of OAK. He's just poor kid who will get first POKéMON. BTW, I'll make him more friendly to main character.
    And what are you planning on doing at Daisy's house hmmm?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    I know, bit chaotic, but you'll uderstand. I changed story (or rival's relationship to you) back to normal, but changed Prof. (now family). I'll try to explain it in intro. Now you just need to know that OAK retired. Gary will get Pokémon that will be easy to beat. Everything is changing and not all the text was changed. Don't worry, when the time comes, I'll explain ;). And at Daisy? Just friendly person who gives you town map and there will miraculously appear one person you will know really good, but bit older.
    Have fun!

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Do you have 2 remake alot of maps???? The new ones look great!! Are the fifth and sixth maps supposed to have little random floweres???

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    I do whole new story, but I think that some maps (not on screens) need big improvement, but here are new screens of one cave, you'll see where,
    and the next direction of cave will be blocked by rock smash boulders and when you get to the one special building (remember warp chambers?), you can get to half-destroyed Cinnabar. In thre first screen is half destroyed lab, half complete transformation of tileset (too lazy busy to complete it, you'll see ;))

Here are screens:

Oh, by the way, Oak wil explain what happened in the past 13 years, it's important for story, and the next thing, you will see whole new Cinnabar in dark because of ashes blocking the way to the sun.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    ...Hi!

I remade whole Cinnabar, but now I'm on the other computer, so I'll post screens later. Have fun with NG ;)

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I played the beta and something is wrong. When you talk to john, he says, "here's CUT" and then it plays a healing sound effect and the game freezes. Also, in the same area, the girl there talks in a glitched out way and she also says "lost here some items". And it;s kind of strange Someone is shouting "TAKE YOUR POKEMON!" it would make for sense for him to say something like, "Your pokemon is the one on the desk right there." Or something on the lines of more polite or more non-barbaric/unintelligent sounding. It also says, "will you take your pokemon, normal pokemon eevee?"(what the heck? the starter is a level 15 eevee, but your rival gets a lv 5 caterpie...)
    It's too short for me to say anything specifically defining about it... but good work thus far(besides the bugs, but I'm sure you're workin on it!)

Last edited:

charimon

Yeah hacking !! ^^
    Years
    i got the same prob i got cut and bamn the game got stuck :(
    but after i got my poke it did work
    edit: when i talked 2 the dream eater guy i changed into him but still everything was the same accept the colors so it looked glichty, but when i entered a building it was gone ;)

Last edited:

Blackandy

Rock On!
    Years
    people the 1st beta is glitchy that's why he is re-dping all of it, Anyway good luck Sugimori can't wait for this awsome hack to come out:D

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    ...Hi!
    Just beta testing participants have to use GLITCHY Beta 1. So if you use it, you just mess up your rom for glitches included.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    We keep all the glitches, unless we delete the savefile and startover and delete the patched rom and repatch an original one.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    ...Hi!

Just came to announce new screens which will be posted in the next week (when I get to my NG on the other computer (more progress)) and I want to tell that Cinnabar won't be same as in Johto, it will be an iceberg. Until screenshots showing, see ya! ;)

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
    This is a very interesting hack. Why are you taking the mountain place out of the final game? That's an awesome area! BTW. where did u get that song, and how did u get it to loop?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    ...Hi!

People, this thread is too inactual, so I re-created it. Look to the Hacks showcase, or click the link in my sig. Please all post there, this one will be locked. And project isn't discontinued, don't worry.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back