• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon: Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Vipeshark, you will replace me in e4 and I will battle trainer before Victory road
    Strike-Freedom, now I understand
    #1 Mimi Fan, hitme2k5 is right and I am still working on your sprite. If you don't have IPS patcher, just name your ROM as patch and VBA (you need 1.7 or higher) will patch automatically it for you.

Any other questions, or ideas, or bugs?

EDIT: Now I made all sprites, so we have to review old and show new.
    I wanted make them realistic, I didn't make superhero costumes showing their abilities, maybe except Vincent's
    Pokeball, I made them look like normal people.
    I made their personalities according to their sprites:

Yoh: He likes being alone. As kid, he obtained psychic ability to talk with
    POKéMON. Four years ago, he replaced Agatha in the Elite 4.

Matt: He is Bruno's brother, but, unlike Bruno, he is more quiet and effective.
    Before he came to Elite 4, replacing Bruno, who travelled to Hoenn,
    he was one of top admins in Silph CO.

Vincent: He likes fun and battling. He was taught by Blaine, who made also
    Fire academy on Cinnabar Island. When he ended last year in
    academy, he replaced Lance in Elite 4.

Stephen: He sailed with his father in his childhood. He sailed into Sootopolis and got Pokémon from Wallace.
    Then he came back to Kanto and started as trainer in Cerulean Gym. When he was 18, he fought
    Elite 4 and replaced Lorelei, who lives now on Sevii Islands.

All sprites:
    Elite 4 Yoh - Psychic master
    Pokémon: Next Generation

Elite 4 Matt - Rock master

Elite 4 Vincent - Fire master

Elite 4 Stephen - Water/Ice master

Last edited:

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
    Years
    ?'s

I need to ask you some ?'s:
    1.How do you get those Pokemon in the lake?
    2.HOW THE HECK ARE YOU SUPPOSSED TO CAPTURE MEW OR JIRACHI WITHOUT A MASTERBALL?!
    2.Why does your rival have a Caterpie?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Ok, now answers.
    1. Want to get those Pokémon? You can't, because of fast current. There isn't any script for them, they are just for making map more beautiful. BTW, all those pokémon are obtainable in FR, so they will be here, but in the other places.

2.I don't know what is hard about capturing them, because I caught them using POKéBALL. Just make them sleep or paralyzed. It's REALLY EASY.
    Don't forget to earn badges, or they won't obey you.

3. When I'll change intro and OAK's text, you'll understand.
    Here, Gary isn't grandson of OAK. He's just poor kid who will get first POKéMON. BTW, I'll make him more friendly to main character.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    I don't know what to do. BTW I have posted something in your fanclub thread.

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
    Years
    Ahhhhhhhhhh

Why can'y you cut out Seel, Replace with Kabuto, and make it so you can catch them all later in the game. You can remove the fossil-Mt.Moon thing and gift Lapras from that Silph dude.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Yeah, Strike-Freedom is right, and in the E4 I have updated Stephen's sprite and description.ä

Now answer:

Posted by Har D Har
    Why can't you cut out Seel, Replace with Kabuto, and make it so you can catch them all later in the game. You can remove the fossil-Mt.Moon thing and gift Lapras from that Silph dude.

Because I'm not good scripter. I am using scripts in the game, changing text and put it into other place. But if you can make scripts, I would really appreciate help from you. Use patch for ROM, because I didn't make further progress, just made E4 sprites and going to put them into the game. And when you make script and put into it, just send IPS. It's smaller.
    Thanks

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    Dream eator tutor bug no biggy

hitme2k5 said:
    worst one is when i talk to the guy who teaches Dream Eater to one of your Pokémon. After i finnish talking to him, i turn into a random person and the main character just stands in the place where the man was.
    that's really no big problem. just walk inside a buliding and you'll be back to normal.
    I finshed the BETA yesterday, and it was amazing! KUTAW! (Keep Up The Awsome Work!)

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    How do you mean? That IS patch! OK, I added patcher for you. Extract ZIP file and open Lips.exe, click apply patch and choose your Fire Red rom. Tada! You have it. BTW, you should look in Simple questions thread.
    EDIT: Vipershark, you can be mapper. PM me.

Last edited:

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    There will be no ship, no ferry to Sevii. It will be other way to get there. Warp chambers are main type of transportation, and place with Celebi, known as Mystic Mountain, will be near changed League place, known as Victory Forest. But, my ROM is messed up and I must make hack again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    Okay, this hack ROCKS!!!! I opened it with Advance map, and I noticed that you can only get Moltres and Articuno. I found this out when I was going through Mystic Mountain. I wanted to get Zapdos early, but when I tried to find the Power Plant, It was replaced by the Warp Chamber. How are we going to get into the Power Plant then?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Sooo, you will get all three legendary birds in the Warp chamber, they will be in separate chambers and you will enter them in three places in the region. Power plant is replaced and you won't see it or Unknown dungeon - it's Mystic mountain. I have finished putting new E4 sprites into the game. But, I can't make right attacks for them, you know - PET, so no Pokémon changes except Vincent and Yoh

Last edited:

T.R.S.M

Expert Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    can i be a dark master
    mcflameblast

or jemma

if you need any trainer sprites or overworlds ask me or custom poke's <<<you dnt need them but hay!!

_______
    T.R.S.M

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    I think you want to be in E4, sorry, but it's full and E4 requests are closed.
    And if you can make POKéMON revamps from GSC I will need your help. Have a nice day!

DarkMastaC

Master of the Golden Bros.
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jan 30, 2009
    well do you think its fair that your rival gets a lv5 carterpie and you get a lv15 eevee? now i dont see that as fair at all there shoudl be some balance lol give him a higher lvl pokemon and not a carterpie like a ratata or something just something better.

Also, I found a glitch if you lose you get sent to a pokemon center of what ever leader you beat last for example i beat misty then lost to brock and got sent to cerulean city

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back