• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2023
So been wodering, Dose this game have a move relearner like other games have, where can relearn moves o gain some may have missed

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
Does this have set battle system? Because despite me having it set to shift i don't get question to change my Pokemon in battle.

I would have just searched this thread if search option worked.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
Is this still being worked on no updates in almost 3 years.Yes ik its mostly done just wanting to know if i should wait for beta 4

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 16, 2023
Could someone tell how I can get the HM surf? Btw I am in powerstone city.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 30, 2022
I have a problem is Silversky Town with the main story. I trying to progress but you can only do that at night so I tried to do that. I stayed up literally ALL NIGHT and it didn't become night in game so I couldn't continue the story. Can someone help please?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 26, 2020
I like rom hack it's a little hard but it's a great game i have question in powerstone city the storm and the caves of the regis in another cave by the route ithe sign triggers an event i think but i can't get it to work i've tried playing at night time

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 3, 2020
Wow sorry I wrote this thinking the replies were from august THIS YEAR. I was reading through them and realized it's august 2012. My bad, didn't mean to dig up an old thread.

Pokemon Normal is a beautiful game, it's tough, it's engaging, and it has interesting features, but unfortunately the current build has some major issues. There's plenty of imaginative ideas, fresh movesets, and fun minigames.

* Route 50 is extremely buggy, gamebreaking bugs make it so you're unable to pass sometimes. It's pot luck. I tried 4 emulators (the best) and started fresh playthroughs, but every time the game reset when walking through this route. I don't know if this is the cause, but it appears to reset more when it's raining. I mean, you walk into the route, take a few steps, and the whole game resets.

* Some people cause the game to freeze or reset when you speak to them (rare, mainly just one house near the start of the game).

* Every character in this game calls you "buddy" and it's driving me nuts. I read the word buddy like a million times. It's unnecessary and ugly.

* The game is mostly unfinished, despite the post claiming otherwise.

* Moves have been renamed despite some of them being unchanged. Again, unnecessary, makes it harder to find information about moves. Why.

* Couldn't get in the desert. The game thought I didn't have 3 badges. I had 4.

* Z-Shedinja is uncatchable. At least make it so it says "this pokemon can't be caught" and make the pokeball deflect. It's possible to do this better. I tried about 300 times to catch it, the ball never wobbled.

* The "Navigator" is not helpful. The game hasn't got any directons, and moving through it doesn't feel linear. It feels as though you spend most of your time just guessing stuff. To progress past 4 badges you need to find 4 "shards" and place them in a temple. These shards are all around, not in a single area, but the whole map (so far). There are no hints and finding them is tedious.

This game would be impossible to get through without savestates and walkthroughs. You need to be aware of the bugs, item locations, and exactly what you need to do at each stage of the game.

It's a shame, because I would love to talk about all the good features. There's many, I believe this is the rom hack that's closest to a real Pokémon game. It's extremely immersive and fun. But it needs guidance, bug fixes, text alterations and a revised endgame e.g. battle frontier with strong enemies, or something similar. This would add playability endgame.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jan 2, 2020
The conference with prof. Oak at powerstone city is over and have met my evil counterpart too but cant figure out what to do after that as the game is stopping me from going furthur with a pop message. Please. Someone help.

Years
The Hack looks amazing! I would love to know how you managed the custom regional dexes!

Is each regional dex just a limited version of the "national dex" (same order, less pokemon kinda deal)? In that case how did you extend the limit from 151?

Or are the regional dexes custom ordered like in Emerald or Platinum? In that case I'd love to know how you made those!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 9, 2022
sound amazing!!!! but I can't figure out how to download it (I can't find the download link) anyways if anyone can help that would be appreciated. (if you cant tell I'm new to the whole playing ROM hacks thing)

FrozenInfernoGSC

Team Continuum's ambition of time travel...
Years
Greetings. I am the creator of this incomplete rom hack under a new username. I haven't been around in recent years. Because of that, I entirely forgot my password and the email account I used for it got deactivated. So for the new decade, I decided to slightly recreate myself and breathe new life.

As I look back on this former project, it got me through some tough and hard times during my teenage life. As an older person now, I see a lot of flaws and errors that were prevalent in my inconsistent work due to my adolescence and inexperience. As I always told myself back in 2012, I will always work on this and never quit it. That message still stands 8 years later.

I have decided to recreate this hack from scratch and make a rom hack that is more consistent. The major problem with this game looking back was the amount of "patch overs regarding code" here and there. Some bugs were not fully fixed, but was "applied quick fixes" due to my inexperience (and those quick fixes created new bugs). I also had a tendency to constantly redo things over and over again due to the experience and knowledge of rom hacking that I was gaining years ago. Thus, the final unfinished product of this game was a game with a lot of flawed inexperienced scripting mixed with the more experienced things I knew how to do. And eventually it became a knot-tying mess (inside the game's coding). Deep into the game's production, it was really too late for me to go back and rewrite some of the things inexperienced me did because I wasn't yet experienced enough to do so. Lastly, the biggest flaw with the game was when I applied the JPAN patch. Due to the RAM and memory constraints, there were a lot of overwriting and RAM/flag errors that started to make the game unstable due to the extensive work I already did on the game. So that explains a lot of the "event errors" that you may face when playing.

All in all, I am very pleased to look back on a project that I have officially started August 1, 2012 during a strained time of my life and see how far I have came with it. I have always wanted to make a game that was heavily inspired by GSC as you can see while playing the game, such as the mapping style and map layout for example. I want to continue that and rebuild this game from scratch and take better care of my flags and vars while scripting. Also, this game had a lot of inspired and innovative ideas that I wasn't able to execute too well, so I am going to do a better job with that now.

FrozenInfernoGSC

Team Continuum's ambition of time travel...
Years
Back in 2012, I wanted to make a game that was "different" with a different feel. I wanted a game with a different language per-se. Giving more life to the NPC (having different personalities) for example. Such as: the annoying lifting Fighter Bros in Taejo act and talk differently from the "more mature" Fighter Bros in Seijo (that call themselves a different name). I am going to borrow a lot of concepts I had left behind with my first Pokemon Normal game and make a newer efficient game. The game looked graphically pleasing on the outside and polished, however, within the game's coding, it was very inefficient and plagued with "a knot-tying mess" as I referred to in my last post.

The game will still be called Pokemon Normal (featuring sky-forme Regigigas) and it will be heavily GSC inspired. The game will still follow the research and earth science theme that I have presented with it prior. I am thinking about omitting Frozen and Inferno as characters, not sure yet. But honestly those two characters could be rewritten with more potential. I am also thinking of replacing Criminal Ego with a better team (looking back, I think they were a little weird haha, I definitely did not execute them the way I could have). I also really liked the dark and angst "void of life" theme I have set in the southwestern part of Taejo. However, there needs to be some improvements with it. I also want to improve the mysterious "555 mark of the beast character." He is a very important character that builds up more into the last game of the series. All in all, the game will be centralized around the meaning of life (and death)... the past and the future... things that are polar opposites with a binding force of normality... in between...

The Taejo (more Kanto/Johto themed) and Seijo (more elements of Hoenn/Sinnoh) regions will return exactly how they are/were mapped (with maybe a few convenient improvements).

Also (updated name) Pokemon History Teal (the pre-sequel) will eventually become a thing and will be an Emerald based hack.

The last game will be the third and final game of the trilogy with a far unplanned time frame, but it will be re-titled as Pokemon Future Grey.

I have all the time in the world now. With these long lasting stay-at-home orders, I'll be able to dwell a little bit back into one of my favorite side hobbies again, just like my teenage years.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
The Taejo (more Kanto/Johto themed) and Seijo (more elements of Hoenn/Sinnoh) regions will return exactly how they are/were mapped (with maybe a few convenient improvements).
This part of the post has eroded any worries I'd have of this game losing one of it's most important aspects. I really love how maze-like Taejo and Seijo are. The only other game that attempts to do this (Pokémon Grape) does it much, MUCH less well.I'd describe Pokémon Normal as a "Pokémon Game adjusted for nostalgia inflation". Playing Pokémon Normal for the first time felt exactly like when I played my first pokémon game when I was about 10 (funny story, my first ever Pokémon Game happened to be Pokémon Brown and not any canon games) Thanks for going through with continuing this project even after all of the setbacks, it's really one of the best romhacks out there!

Back