• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoGSC

Team Continuum's ambition of time travel...
Years
CANT WAIT this game looks amazing. You are a hero good sir

Thank you! I'm going to output the best work that I can for this project!

A month ago, I was initially thinking of mapping the entire Taejo and Seijo regions before making a new game thread since this thread is under my old username. However, I feel it will be best for me to map the entire updated Taejo region first which will be quicker and then create a scripted beta concluding at Aqualight City. That way I will be able to create a new thread with enough completed work.

And in that beta, I will be able to highlight the improved scripting and graphics in this new game along with all the improvements (especially the semi-broken var/flag conflict) from the feedback I have received from the prior game.

Keep in mind that this is a completely new game in no relation to the last one. All scripts and events will be written from scratch.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Thank you! I'm going to output the best work that I can for this project!

A month ago, I was initially thinking of mapping the entire Taejo and Seijo regions before making a new game thread since this thread is under my old username. However, I feel it will be best for me to map the entire updated Taejo region first which will be quicker and then create a scripted beta concluding at Aqualight City. That way I will be able to create a new thread with enough completed work.

And in that beta, I will be able to highlight the improved scripting and graphics in this new game along with all the improvements (especially the semi-broken var/flag conflict) from the feedback I have received from the prior game.

Keep in mind that this is a completely new game in no relation to the last one. All scripts and events will be written from scratch.

To be very honest with you, apart from Bronze 2 this is one ROM Hack I'm seriously looking forward to, partially because of how much i enjoyed it a few a years ago, but also because of the nostalgia I've attached to it. Keep grinding Frozen!

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
Ok quick question frozeninferno. Is the original 3 games still the plan or just Pokémon normal version. I respect your opinion either way have a good day

FrozenInfernoGSC

Years
To be very honest with you, apart from Bronze 2 this is one ROM Hack I'm seriously looking forward to, partially because of how much i enjoyed it a few a years ago, but also because of the nostalgia I've attached to it. Keep grinding Frozen!
Thanks! That was my goal back then to recreate that "new generation feel" that I felt when playing Crystal, Ruby, and Diamond as a child back then. But in this case, my game contained existing generations, so to give that new feel, I focused on other elements to still provide that nostalgia for others!

I'm glad that you were able to receive what I was aiming for!

Ok quick question frozeninferno. Is the original 3 games still the plan or just Pokémon normal version. I respect your opinion either way have a good day
The three games are still the end goal plan. The second game (the presequel) is 100%. I already created a region map for it. The third game is vague, but I still have plans for it (but the third game will follow in the likes of Black and White 2). The third game will take place in Taejo (and only Taejo), but with revamped areas, new areas, and a mini sub region much like the Sevii Islands of Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Last edited:

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
Thanks! That was my goal back then to recreate that "new generation feel" that I felt when playing Crystal, Ruby, and Diamond as a child back then. But in this case, my game contained existing generations, so to give that new feel, I focused on other elements to still provide that nostalgia for others!

I'm glad that you were able to receive what I was aiming for!

The three games are still the end goal plan. The second game (the presequel) is 100%. I already created a region map for it. The third game is vague, but I still have plans for it (but the third game will follow in the likes of Black and White 2). The third game will take place in Taejo (and only Taejo), but with revamped areas, new areas, and a mini sub region much like the Sevii Islands of Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Ok by 100% do you mean 100% complete in all regards or just the region map. Sorry I'm just curious

FrozenInfernoGSC

Years
Ok by 100% do you mean 100% complete in all regards or just the region map. Sorry I'm just curious
100% as in 100% to be in production. I even have designated files already set up for the game from years ago. It has been worked on a tiny bit in the past on an Emerald base which might switch over to a Fire Red base. But Normal is my priority right now.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 11, 2020
I'm so happy this isn't dead!
everyday i would look up the thread to see if there were any updates
waiting patiently for the new version!

FrozenInfernoGSC

Years
I'm so happy this isn't dead!
everyday i would look up the thread to see if there were any updates
waiting patiently for the new version!

I'm thinking of just creating a little demo so I can make a new thread! That way I can stop posting through this old one haha. I have more than enough mapping done at this point. I think it's time to switch gears into scripting for a small beta. I am also currently working on a title screen. I have improved my graphical art/design over the years, so implementation of a new title screen is something that I am looking forward to!

Here are some more revamped areas! Tosturf is getting a complete overhaul. The vibes you will get with this location will be more of a Ruins of Alph and Mt Coronet hybrid. Tosturf is an ancient vicinity that will hold many secrets of Taejo's past. It is also accessible from three/four different routes. It is a large area with some that can only be accessible during the later parts of the game.

CPFhKv3.png
lVXo1xo.png
kZbiRFM.png

And here's a new updated Route 75! Connection from Seaview Town. The drunk Sailor Huey has not arrived yet! And that will be his house.

WPe89Az.png

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
More news maps, here's the original Nimbasa City:
3gHGTbL.png

And here's the new Nimbasa City:
zNBQfmb.png

I'm thinking of just creating a little demo so I can make a new thread! That way I can stop posting through this old one haha. I have more than enough mapping done at this point. I think it's time to switch gears into scripting for a small beta. I am also currently working on a title screen. I have improved my graphical art/design over the years, so implementation of a new title screen is something that I am looking forward to!

Here are some more revamped areas! Tosturf is getting a complete overhaul. The vibes you will get with this location will be more of a Ruins of Alph and Mt Coronet hybrid. Tosturf is an ancient vicinity that will hold many secrets of Taejo's past. It is also accessible from three/four different routes. It is a large area with some that can only be accessible during the later parts of the game.

CPFhKv3.png
lVXo1xo.png
kZbiRFM.png

And here's a new updated Route 75! Connection from Seaview Town. The drunk Sailor Huey has not arrived yet! And that will be his house.

WPe89Az.png

I am so excited to hear we'll be getting a beta soon, kudos to you Frozen for putting in the work. Let's gooooo!

Back