• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon OA Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2017
    Pokémon OA Emerald

Pokemon OA Emerald

Introduction:

Hello! This is Pokemon OA Emerald! This is a small hack of Pokemon Emerald that I did to practice and hopefully improve my rom hacking skills which I decided to release to the public so I can get some feedback.

Story: The story is pretty much the same as the original Pokemon Emerald.

Features:

Now we're getting somewhere. This is where the real changes are!

-*Mega Evolutions from X and Y and ORAS are added.
    -New Pokemon from Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos.
    -Trainers, Gym leaders, and Frontier Brains will use new Pokemon.
    -New evolutions from Generation 4.
    -Evolution/Mega stones can be found on wild Pokemon.
    -Trade evolutions changed.
    -Minor texture/tile changes (to make it look more like ORAS).
    -Most Pokemon not available in Emerald are catchable (including Kanto and Johto 'mons)
    -Starters available in the wild.
    -Fairy type added.
    -Physical/Special split added.
    -Day and Night added.
    -Updated Generation 6 menu sprites.
    -More double-battles thrown in.
    -Some trainers have higher levels.
    -Versions of the rom included where you can use Kalos, Sinnoh, and Unova starters.

*- Mega evolutions are more of a novelty for the player and are not like the Mega Evolutions we are used to in XY and ORAS. You "mega-evolve" using a Sun Stone and de-evolve with a Moon Stone.

New Pokemon

Spoiler:

Mega Evolutions

Spoiler:

Screenshots

Pokémon OA Emerald

Gym Leader Teams

Spoiler:

Elite 4 Teams

Spoiler:

Credits

Chaos Rush's The DS-style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource
    Chaos Rush's Pokemon Emerald Color Restoration Patch
    Mr. Dollsteak's Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Sprite Resource
    prime-dialga's Day, Night and Seasons Patch
    DoesntKnowHowToPlay's Physical/Special Split Patch
    LCCoolJ95's Fairy Type Patch
    Pokefan Austin's Primal Groudon/Kyogre Sprites
    PLDH.net
    Pokemon Database
    PKMN.net

Tools Used:

Advanced Series Sprite Editors
    Day Night and Seasons
    Free Space Finder
    Gen 3 Rom Hacking Suite
    Gen 3 Tools
    Advance Map
    Advance Starter
    Advance Trainer
    YAPE 0.9
    PGE
    XSE

Bugs:

-Some Pokemon animations are screwed up like Mega Evolutions and some other Pokemon.
    -Prof. Birch's 'circle' tile is glitched (nothing major or game-breaking though).

Downloads

https://www.mediafire.com/?iw9x2wqv954v44f

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2022
    Do these pokemon replace other pokemon or did you expand the pokedex?
    Are there any new moves or abilities?
    Is the B/W repel routine inserted?

Years
  • Do these pokemon replace other pokemon or did you expand the pokedex?

1. After poking around the rom, it seems like Pokemon have only been replaced and the Pokedex hasn't been expanded.
    2. I actually can't answer this, but I'm assuming not because if there were that would definitely be in his "Features" section since it always seems like people like showing off new moves/abilities they've added and for good reason.
    3. No.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Just a few questions: do I have to apply all patches contained in the archive? If so, is there a particular order I should abide by?
    Congrats btw on your project; loving the backsprites.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2017
    Do these pokemon replace other pokemon or did you expand the pokedex?

Like I said I'm just beginning with this as a practice hack, so I'm not too familiar with how to do these things. So the pokedex is not expanded, there are no new moves or abilites and the BW repel system is not added.

Just a few questions: do I have to apply all patches contained in the archive? If so, is there a particular order I should abide by?
    Congrats btw on your project; loving the backsprites.

No you don't have to apply them all, and thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2017
    This looks like a good hack the sprites are looking awesome too, I'll definitely be trying this one out :) Have you implemented any new moves by chance?

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • For a first Sideshow hack I have to say that it looks rather impressive, I can't wait to see what you can do with a bit more practice and experience, maybe we could see something to challenge as the "Best Sideshow/386 Hack ever".

Years
  • Looks cool! Started playing through it and noticed a few things:

• Part of Professor Birch's sprite is glitched.
    • The second frame of Riolu's sprite is messed up.
    • Gallade's mini sprite is a PokéBall.
    • Cherubi's name is misspelled.
    • Greninja's typing should be Water/Dark, not Water/Ground.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2017
    This looks like a good hack the sprites are looking awesome too, I'll definitely be trying this one out :) Have you implemented any new moves by chance?

No I haven't, but thank you for the feedback :)

Looks cool! Started playing through it and noticed a few things:

• Part of Professor Birch's sprite is glitched.
    • The second frame of Riolu's sprite is messed up.
    • Gallade's mini sprite is a PokéBall.
    • Cherubi's name is misspelled.
    • Greninja's typing should be Water/Dark, not Water/Ground.

I've tried to fix the riolu and birch sprites but I've had no luck with it. As for gallade, im using unused pokemon data in the emerald rom and for these pokemon, whenever you try to edit the menu sprites, the last sprite edited is the sprite for all of the pokemon made from this unused data, so to compensate for this, ive decided that the pokemon made from this data use a pokeball as their menu sprite to keep them from looking like another pokemon. As for the Greninja and cherubi, Ill fix those now. Thanks for notifying me!

For a first Sideshow hack I have to say that it looks rather impressive, I can't wait to see what you can do with a bit more practice and experience, maybe we could see something to challenge as the "Best Sideshow/386 Hack ever".

Thanks for the support. It means alot!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Does aegislash have the stats of it's blade form or its shield form? Or a mix of the two?

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2017
    Does aegislash have the stats of it's blade form or its shield form? Or a mix of the two?

It's a mix of the two formes.

Great hack! Do you mind releasing information on where I can get the starters?

Chikorita is in Petalburg Woods, Cyndaquil and Charmander are at the Fiery Path, Bulbasaur is in Route 123, and Totodile and Squirtle are Underwater.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2017
    No I haven't, but thank you for the feedback :)
    Ah I see well I would recommend if you have the time or interest to invest in the implementation of new moves and update the movesets for certain pokemon as its serves as an injustice to have all of these new additions to your rom hack not being able to be used to their full potential. I don't know, just my personal opinion I suppose lol.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Welp.. I'm using the Kalos Starter Version and i have 2 things to say..
    1) Why does Froakie comes with a Sun Stone when Greninja doesn't have a MegaEvo?
    2) Why does Froakie comes with the ability "Color Change" (Change the pokemon's type when hit by a physical opponent's move, like Bite)

Also, will you.. you know.. "update" those versions with the Mew Patch?
    (C'mon, it isn't difficult.. just change the starters in the normal ROM and make them IPS .__. ....)
    Anyway.. i'll keep playing, ty <3

EDIT:
    Btw, you didn't added Rhyperior's Evolution Method to the "New Pokemons" list at the main post xD..

EDIT2:
    Welp.. nvm, i just saw it by myself on YAPE, and.. Rhydon with a Fire Stone?
    It would make more sense Rhydon at lvl 50 or so.. i mean.. he isn't even Fire Type .-. ...

Cya~

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back