• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~.::Pokémon Obsidian::.~

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
  • Dane followed both of them through the water trying his best to keep up with both of them. Fast swimmer... but Dane was able to at least trail behind them. He began swimming side by side and waved at Holly as he swam closer to them. Being underwater, He really couldn't say anything to her.

There were actually a few Pokemon swimming around. How far did they swim from shore anyways? Mark was almost running out of breath so he resurfaced above water. He was pretty far away from the surface. Dane began looking around to see where Holly would pop up.

TrainerGiza

that really burns my poffins..
    Years
  • For a while Lenore just swam deep enough for Holly to be above the water. Then she dove, very deep. The water became dark, and much colder. Holly opened her eyes underneath the water; there were some Magikarps swimming around, but not much else. Lenore was still singing, she was pretty happy to be swimming in real water, not some pool. And it was a large place at that, not some lake they needed to swim across. Once in a while Holly would tap Lenore on the head, telling her that she needed hair, and then she would jump out of the water, and send water droplets flying. They were very far from shore, Holly decided to go back. Then she saw Dane's head pop from the water's surface, many feet in front of them. Then she went under again, swimming toward him.

Megaman765

Years
  • Dane noticed that Holly had resurfaced as well. Dane waved at them but they quickly went back underwater. After catching his breath, Dane went back down underwater and noticed that they were swimming straight toward him. Dane quickly swam out of the way and caught a ride with Holly on her Milotic. Dane sat right behind her and waved, smiling. He wasn't sure how Lenore would react to having a second person on her. Hopefully it wouldn't be too bad...

InfinityWayvern

Likes to cuddle :3
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 31, 2014
    Robin was splayed out on the ground, tongue hanging out the side of his beak. Clearly, he would not be continuing this battle. Tess returned him and gave a soft kiss to the Pokeball. "You did just as you should've, Robin. Now take a long rest." She murmured to the Pokemon inside. Next, she reached for her second Pokemon, her trusted partner since the very beginning of her journey. "Tortuga, your turn!" She called, releasing the monstrous Pokemon. He let out a sound that was more like a yawn than anything else. The damn grass-toad was still drowsy from the relaxing cruise.

Tess rolled her eyes, "Tortuga, Solar Beam." The Venusaur began taking in the light. Because of Robin's previous Sunny Day, it only took seconds to charge the beam rather than minutes. Shortly, there was a bright yellow-and-orange beam on it's way for Kellyn's Raichu.

Xehanorth

Twitter Person
    Years

• I WILL BE A
    WISE MAN ONCE
    *♚ or perhaps not
    WISDOM
    is collected through the ages

Or perhaps I will keep stupid : Never shall I do That
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    xx Jameson Antonius Tung. "Jamesy"
    xx 19 male
    xx All alone on some field.
    xx σиℓɨиε

GET HER INSANE
    xxx: love xx ) && GUARDIANxof someone new.

hop in my craziness
    █┊x

"Hmpf, Insolent map. I can't seem to find out where I am. Sure this is Hoenn and he'd probably would be close to Dewford. He saw the coast line. Ugh, I wonder if Braviary found something out while flying around." Jamesy sighted. He scratched the back of his head so that his charcoal hair became a bit chaotic and his shirt pulled loose from being tucked in his pants. "Ugh, and now my grooming failed also. I'm to much into vanity." Jamesy sat down on his bag and let out his Hariyama. It stomped the ground a couple of times before hugging Jameson rather tightly. It was a funny sight seeing the rather scrawny man almost being crushed by a Hariyama. Though he had his pokemon Jameson was rather lonely. He had no friends, yet, and he wasn't actually the type that found everyone incredibly nice. No he was just a normal guy, being himself. He wondered though, would he meet people soon, he had a strange feeling.

After then minutes or so Jameson stood up and saw Braviary in the sky, soaring down towards him. He had a shell in his mouth and dropped it on Jamesy's head before landing on the grass next to him. "Auch man!" Jameson squealed a bit because of the shock but recovered and looked down. "Dude, that's creepy, warn me next time." Braviary rubbed his head against Jamesons leg and Hariyama started laughing. "Harharhari!" And so they walked on towards what looked like a town.

I WILL KEEP YOUR FEELINGS CLOSE

Darkfox1525

God in the arts of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    "....Ughhhh...." Erik moaned, feeling sick. "I hate airplanes...Next time, I'm going to fly on Ridley....Izanagi, could you please go faster? I'd like to feel land right now." Izanami, his Samuwott, then began to speed up. Erik then looked at his map, and pinpointed where he was. Dewford should be somewhere around here... Erik thought. He then began to look around, until an island came into his view. "Finally! Land! Izanagi! Thata way!" Erik yelled, pointing towards the island. Izanagi turned to where Erik was pointing, and began to swim towards the island.

Along the way, Izanagi and Erik passed by two trainers who were swimming in the ocean. Erik ignored them, and after a few minutes, he had finally reached Dewford. After kissing the sand for a few seconds, Erik thought, Now then...Zekrom should be coming this way soon. Looking at the sky, no black clouds were anywhere near Dewford. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit. Might as well let my pokemon enjoy themselves. Erik then grabbed all his pokeballs, and let out all of his pokemon. His Ninetails, Kitsune, sat down and began to take a nap. His Aerodactyl, Ridley, began to fly around Dewford, most likely keeping a lookout for Zekrom. His Drapion, Yami, began to pound on a rock, most likely training for when he has to battle. Tiamat, his Haxrous, sat down and, from what it looks like, is sun bathing....for some reason... Yukiko, his Glaceon, began to play in the water. Chidori, his Ampharos, and Ryu, his Gallade, began to fight each other, training from what it looked like. Izanagi layed down, resting from swimming from Slateport city to Dewford. Erik layed down as well, and began to to think about what he's going to do after he catches Zekrom.

TrainerGiza

Years
  • Once she felt that Dane had caught a ride, Lenore swam faster. Lenore didn't mind at all, She didn't freak out, Holly didn't even react that much. Milotic's were not known to cause ruckus, but she did decided to sing louder. They were coming up on the shore fast, so Holly commanded her to slow down, with a light touch. Lenore emerged little out of the water, to where Holly and Dane were above the water completely. Lenore had slid right onto the sand. Kiwi, still sitting at the water's edge, gotten a little shock from the fast landing that had happened very close by. Kiwi then became very happy, and flew, and perched on Lenore's head. The little squirrel Pokémon greeted them.

"Emolga!" he was jumping a little from the excitement.

"Did you miss me that much, Kiwi?" Holly playfully laughed at his excitement.

Megaman765

Years
  • Dane shivered after resurfacing with both Lenore and Holly. It was a fun, fast ride. As Dane spit out salt water onto the water below Snype swam back to the shore and waved at him. Able flew over to Mark and perched on his head as well. It didn't feel very pleasant but she wanted to imitate Kiwi. Dane jumped off of Lenore and landed in the watery sand below.

"Hiya Able." Dane said looking up at her. Snype decided to be mischivious and push Mark right off of Lenore. This caused him to land right on his behind down into the watery sand. "Oof! Haha, Alright Snype I guess I deserved that." Snype looked down at Dane and chuckled.

Darkfox1525

God in the arts of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    Thinking, Erik overheard people talking. Looking over, two trainers he might have passed by (doesn't remember, nor does he care) were talking to their Pokémon. An Emolga, a Stableye, a Ninjask, and a shiny Milotic were with the trainers. Huh. Wonder what their here for.....wait, why should I care. I've got a more important matter to attend too. He thought. He got up and looked at the sky. There wasn't a single cloud anywhere near Dewford. Not a cloud in the sky. And i don't know when Zekrom will be here. And i don't know if its going to come here at all. Erik looked at the trainers. A battle wouldn't hurt, and it'll help past the time...He thought. He considered whether he should have a battle, or just sit down and wait for Zekrom.

After few minutes, he came to a conclusion. All right, a battle it is. Now who should i bring. He turned to his Pokémon. "Hmmmm.....Yami!" Erik yelled. Yami then stopped pounding the rock, and went over to where Erik was, with a look that read, 'Are we going to battle?'. "Yukiko!" Yukiko stopped jumping in the water and ran over to Erik with a joyful look on her face. Erik started to pat her on the head, while yelling,"Kitsune!" Kitsune woke up from her nap, got up, and slowly walked over to Erik with a grouchy look on her face. "Sorry Kitsune." Erik said, patting her on the head. "Alright, you guy's are going to have a Pokémon battle. Are you ready?" Erik said to his Pokémon. Yami had a happy look. Yukiko also had a happy look, while Kitsune had this 'Whatever' look. Erik turned towards the trainers and walked over, saying, "Excuse me, but would ether of you have a battle with me?"

TrainerGiza

Years
  • Lenore laughed at Snypes action. It wasn't the nicest thing he could have done, but Dane didn't seem to care. Holly, spoke, kinda laughing.

"Are you alright Dane? It seems Snype wants to beat you up!" she then turned her attention to a boy. He was much taller than her, but his appearance lacked color, at least for her standards. He asked very politely to have a battle. What did he say? Did I hear him right? Strange how he's so polite, while basically challenging another trainer. Holly swung her leg over the shiny Milotic, and walked to the shore where the boy was standing. The sand was clinging to her feet, she hated this feeling, but there was no way of getting around it. Kiwi flew off Lenore's head, only to land in the sand a few feet in front of the shore. He just waited as his trainer made conversation with the unknown boy. Then she spoke to him, while trying to comb her wet hair with her fingers.

"Hey there. I would but I'm not really in a good battling condition. I would want to change first and such. But…." She then pointed to Dane still sitting in the sand.

"That guy right there might." She gave the random guy a smile.

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I watched as the female trainer withdrew the defeated Pokemon, giving its ball a short kiss. She soon released her second Pokemon, though it was likely her starter. It was a Venusaur by the name of Tortuga, yet it was rather drowsy. It was now rather obvious of her plan. I continued to watch the Pokemon as my thoughts splayed out.

There isn't much I can do right now, I thought. Her Pokemon is likely to use Solar Beam thanks to Robin's Sunny Day. Unfortunately, the only thing I can do is have Jolt dodge the attack and hope for the best. I turned to Jolt as Tess suddenly yelled her command.

"Tortuga, Solar Beam." She said, fully knowing Jolt could get K.O.'ed.

"Jolt," I yelled, "Try to dodge it!" The Pokemon nodded to me as the beam came ever closer and jumped. Except it was a little too late... Jolt ended up getting hit dead-on. She slowly staggered back to her feet but kept her determined look. It was clear she had lost some major health points but I knew she could get through it.

"Use Thunder," I told the mouse Pokemon, "Followed by Wish if you can." I watched as she complied, releasing her attack. This is one fun battle! I thought.

Megaman765

Years
  • Dane got up onto his feet brushing any sand that clinged onto him. "Wha? Battle? Me?" Dane said stupidly. "Well, I'm always more then willing for one. I didn't have such great luck last time but I'm always up for battling a new face." Snype jumped down from Milotic and gave off his usual smile to the trainer. "I'm Dane by the way. You?" He asked the trainer.

InfinityWayvern

Likes to cuddle :3
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 31, 2014
    The Solar Beam hit the little mouse Pokemon dead center. Surely it would have knocked out Jolt right away. But she stayed on her paws. Strong Pokemon. The thought passed through Tess's mind as Kellyn told his Pokemon to use Thunder again. Tortuga was too slow to dodge it and it hit dead on, but his grass type made the Thunder attack not as effective.

"Frenzy Plant!" Tortuga paused for a second, as if processing my choice of moves. Then he yawned again and laid down on the ground, eyes closed. "No! Not Rest you dummy!" Tess shouted, obviously frustrated, at her Pokemon.

This was common for the lazy Venusaur, to use rest instead of what Tess had wanted. It wasn't so bad though. At least he would recover any lost health points. "But now I have to wait for him to wake up..." She mumbled, already thinking of what she would do in turns ahead.

{{ OOC: Short post, but I'm like really busy }}

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Here's a perfect moment, I thought as Tess started shouting at the Venusaur. "He must of been pretty tired," I called to the other trainer as I shuffled through my Pokemon. I could use Sciz again, I thought, but she could use her Rapidash... Of course I had to wait for the Wish effect to work. I than turned my gaze back to Tess as she stopped yelling at her Pokemon. She may have been done yelling but she wasn't done saying stuff under her breath.

As I tried to hold back my laughing, Jolt suddenly stood straight up, most of her health back. "Finally," I said, now realizing my best choice. "Jolt, I need you to come back for now."

The Pokemon looked back at me as I raised his Pokeball, sending her for a rest. "Now, it's time for Rapid," raising a normal ball and releasing the red Gyarados. "Use Flamethrower!!" The only thing left to do was wait for the hit.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Both Scott and Brawly sent out their second pokemon at the same time. On the Gym Leader's side: a Meditite. On Scott's: Chief.

"Let's make quick work of this Chief!" Scott said aloud, "Aerial Ace!" The Rufflet jumped in the air, using its wings to stay up, before dashing towards Meditite with great haste, white streaks surrounding him as his beak aero-dynamically pierced the air.

Brawly simply sighed, waving his hand nonchalantly as he gave his order, "Confusion."

Meditite's eyes became filled with a blue aura, and a similar blue glow surrounded the pokemon's hands. Chief was stopped in his tracks, and sent careering off the the side at Meditite's command, crashing into the wall.

Scott cursed. He hadn't expected to deal with Psychic attacks in a Fighting type gym. Brawly knew how to pick his pokemon well...

"Okay, use Hone Claws and wait for an opening!" Scott said to his mini-eagle pokemon. Chief remained airborne, swiping his talons off each other, as if to sharpen them. Soon enough, the Rufflet had its claws splayed, looking more of a threat,

"Slash it now!" Chief flew towards Meditite again, his little wings flapping as hard as they could. For a second, Scott thought they were going to land the attack, but again:

"Confusion, hold it in place!" Brawly commanded. Meditite once more raised a hand, and Chief grinded to a mid-air halt. The Flying-type squirmed as he desperately tried to inch closer to Meditite - however it was impossible, as the meditation pokemon had a firm grasp on him.

"Now use Force Palm!" Keeping one arm outstretched (to hold Chief), Meditite brought back the other one and made a small pause - before thrusting it forward in front of Chief. No contact was made, however a blue shockwave boomed from where Meditite's hand hit the air, and Chief was pummeled by it. Meditite released him from Confusion so that Force Palm could send Chief staggering back to Scott.

Scott could feel his teeth grind. He looked at Meditite and noticed it hadn't even moved and inch from its place on the floor - yet still it had him and Chief in a pickle.

Luckily, though, he did have one thing he could use.

"Chief, use Tailwind then Aerial Ace!" Scott shouted. The Rufflet nodded, flapping his wings quickly and briefly in such a way as to create a fast wind inside the Gym. No sooner than that, the bird pokemon took off again, shooting like a jet with Aerial Ace, beak first, wings tucked in.

Brawly sighed, "Confu-"

However, before Brawly could finish giving his command, Meditite was struck head-on by the attack, crying out in pain as it was sent tumbling backwards head over heels.

Scott's fist clenched in satisfaction. Brawly hadn't anticipated the sudden speed in which Chief had gained thanks to Tailwind. At least now he could actually do something to Meditite.

"Follow that up with Slash!" Scott ordered. Chief flew upwards and backwards until it was one swoop away from Meditite. The Flying-type dived for the Meditite, claws at the ready,

"Hi Jump Kick!" Brawly yelled. Meditite picked itself up and took off from the very ground, its leg back and ready to strike. The two met in the middle, and as Meditite did a midair turn, bringing its leg up, Chief Slashed it in the back with a set of talons. Meditite winched in pain, but remained focused. Once facing Chief again, it brought its leg down with a tremedous force, cracking Cheif in the skull with its heel. The Rufflet screeched as it was sent rocketing to the floor, crashing and wrecking it even more.

"Keep yourself suspended with Confusion, Meditite!" Brawly said to his pokemon. It made sense - not only would it stop Meditite from falling harshly to the ground, but it meant it could keep it matched against an airborne opponent like Chief.

However Scott simply regarded it as a foolish mistake.

"Quick! Sky Drop!" He souted, pointing at the floating Meditite, knowing full well Chief wouldn't be stopped this time - since it was already using Confusion on itself. Still with the aid of Tailwind, Chief was grasping Meditite's shoulders within seconds, and the two crashed out of the Gym's roof, leaving begind a gaping hole, letting in trails of sunlight and dust.

Scott avoided eye-contact with Brawly, sensing his stare from where he was. His Gym had taken a real beating today.

With another crash, Chief bore through the roof again (creating a second hole) with Meditite helplessly in tow. Around fifteen feet from the floor, Chief suddenly halted, passing the momentum on to Meditite as he hurled the pokemon straight down. Meditite crashed loudly into the floorboards, staggering as the debris settled. However the small pokemon couldn't muster the energy, and flopped onto the deck.

Scott cheered, "Al-RIGHT!!" Now he not only had the upper-hand, but he was only one pokemon away from beating this Gym, "How do you like that Brawly?!"

Brawly returned meditite and redied a third pokeball, "Don't get ahead of yourself, kiddo. I've saved the best 'till last."

He tossed the pokeball into the arena, and from it emerged a huge pokemon. It had really big hands, and everything about it just seemed... strong.

"Hariyama!!" the pokemon grunted, bringing itself to a battle-stance.

Scott was slightly taken-aback at the initial bulk of the pokemon, but he had to concentrate and just beat it.

"Another Aerial Ace Chief!" The Rufflet flew in fast for Hariyama, white streaks tailing him. He hit, however Hariyama didn't so much as budge as Cheif recoiled back.

"While you may have got your typings right," Brawly called over to Scott, "The body mass between those two is just too great. It'll take more than just a dainty Rufflet! Dynamicpunch!!"

Before Chief could fly to a safe distance, Hariyama drew a glowing-white fist back and slammed it into Chief. The bird pokemon wailed in agony as it was launched back, whizzing past Scott's head and crashing into the far wall. Scott turned around and saw Chief on the floor, knocked out. That power was just incredible.

Scott returned Chief. Just like that they were on level terms again. And the worst part was who he had left. Any fighting type was going to be a problem for a normal type, but that Hariyama looked ten times worse.

But he had no other option.

He faced Brawly and Hariyama again, drawing his last pokeball.

"I've saved my best for last too, Brawly!" Scott announced, maintaining his bravado, "Go, Barry!"

From the pokeball burst Scott's first pokemon - Barry the Munchlax. He yawned and scratched himself, before spotting Hariyama and freezing in place, not even blinking.

"Hari!"

Barry sensed the challenge, and suddenly burst into life, throwing his arms back, preparing for battle,

"Mmunchlaaax!"

Brawly sighed, "I guess you know that your Munchlax is weak against me, I was hoping for a bigger challenge. Use Dynamicpunch Hariyama!"

"Metronome!"

Hariyama plodded towards Barry as fast as it could, while Barry ran in, wagging his glowing white fingers.

(OOC: Part 2 of 3 here :P I know, they're long. Deal with it ^w^)

Back