• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Order and Chaos

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2016
    I played the game without trouble, saved it, then when rebooting the game i ran into an error...
    sprite resizer errog 429 or something down that line.
    i've seen at least one other person having that problem.
    i have found a fix for this error... go to c:\users\(user name)\saved games and delete the pokemon chaos save file. then whatever you do, make sure you do not save the game when the window size setting is set to large, turn it back to small, then save the game and then turn it to large again.
    for some reason the game can't load a save file that has been saved when the window is set to large... at least that fixed the issue for me.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
    Years
  • Hi guys, so I haven't been around here for a while, real life keeps me busy but I haven't stopped working on the game. I've recently been working on making the demo a single screen game, in order to aliviate the constant problem relating to the screen size. Please report any errors that are found and I'll patch them as soon as I can.

Download Link

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2021
    When I start the game and enter my name I get the following error:

7b1e197266860d59672e7a2ab3436133.png

Rayquaza.

Years
  • So basically, I have no fix at the moment, but the trace was very easy. What's happened is that the encrypted archive, which is necessary to protect against resource theft, is bigger than 128 megabytes (RPG Maker won't properly encrypt anything over that amount which results in data corruption in the archive). Basically I need to reduce the number of graphics in the game or find a different form of encryption, so to everyone wanting to play this, I'm very soory but hang tight, I'm working on it.

Years
  • So basically, I have no fix at the moment, but the trace was very easy. What's happened is that the encrypted archive, which is necessary to protect against resource theft, is bigger than 128 megabytes (RPG Maker won't properly encrypt anything over that amount which results in data corruption in the archive). Basically I need to reduce the number of graphics in the game or find a different form of encryption, so to everyone wanting to play this, I'm very soory but hang tight, I'm working on it.

We can be patient.

Rayquaza.

Years
  • Okay so I've finally managed to fix the demo, and this time I've actually tested it. Hopefully there shouldn't be any more errors. Moral of the story: Don't tamper with files.

EDIT: It broke again, fixed version:
    Download Link

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well ... for the second time trying to start the game, two errors occur.
    I really want to play this game, but every time an error occurs and I can not play!

Errors in the attached pictures happen right after I write my name. I chose the Boy and put my name Carmans.

Attachments

• Sem título.png
      Sem título.png
      19.8 KB · Views: 2
    • 2.png
      2.png
      13.4 KB · Views: 4

Rayquaza.

Years
  • Well ... for the second time trying to start the game, two errors occur.
    I really want to play this game, but every time an error occurs and I can not play!

Errors in the attached pictures happen right after I write my name. I chose the Boy and put my name Carmans.

Download the latest version? The gender selector script was causing errors in previous versions so I removed it for the latest version.

Azewilous

Lord Aze
    Years
  • I am getting the same errors as those in the previous post when trying to name my character. I even downloaded the game from the most recent link.

Years
  • Ok... now another error in the game!
    I downloaded it from your last link and it was only up to the part where I got the Pokeballs with my supposed rival. Then the attached error appears.

Attachments

• 1.png
      1.png
      12.9 KB · Views: 4

Rayquaza.

Years
  • Ok... now another error in the game!
    I downloaded it from your last link and it was only up to the part where I got the Pokeballs with my supposed rival. Then the attached error appears.

Redownload, I updated this yesterday as it was reported on my dA.

Azewilous

Lord Aze
    Years
  • The 2nd gym leader who is an Ice Types gym leader gave me the TM Volt Switch after defeating him. Then in his description called it Avalanche.

Also, another bug where the girl who is supposed to team up with you in Mt.Sunrise doesn't show up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rayquaza.

Years
  • Updated the Demo. This should fix all the errors reported over the last week. You can also find a changelog document within the download, allowing users to see what has been fixed in the demo and when it was fixed (of course, the changlog can also be viewed in the main post and on my DeviantArt).

You can download the latest version here.

Back