• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Wasn't much of a hassle and works like a charm. Checked the mart in the Hau'oli City 2nd clerk and now he has got the Power items and not those old X battle items.

Btw, just wanted to let you know that this one's the best of all the USUM hacks out there. Thanks a lot!
    Brilliant, I'm glad it's all working for you now!

Thanks! Hope you enjoy the hack!

SidDays

Professional Lurker
    Years
  • Just wanted to drop by and say thank you for your fantastic work! I started playing this a while ago and I'm having a great time :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2019
    This is definitely one of my favorite roms, probably the most fun I've had with a hack and I've played a lot.. The only thing i cant get to work is some of the island scan pokemon dont really register in game with npc's, like getting marshadium z, or mythical moves for meloetta etc., the people dont see your pokemon. I can't seem to use gracidea on shaymin either, day or night, wonder if theres anything I can do about that. Otherwise amazing rom, weavile is insane ..... okay it seems I got shaymin to transform by setting fateful encounter in pkhex

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    This is definitely one of my favorite roms, probably the most fun I've had with a hack and I've played a lot.. The only thing i cant get to work is some of the island scan pokemon dont really register in game with npc's, like getting marshadium z, or mythical moves for meloetta etc., the people dont see your pokemon. I can't seem to use gracidea on shaymin either, day or night, wonder if theres anything I can do about that. Otherwise amazing rom, weavile is insane ..... okay it seems I got shaymin to transform by setting fateful encounter in pkhex

Thanks for the kind words! You'll probably have to set all the other mythical Pokemon to be fateful encounters to get the NPCs to recognize them; unfortunately I can't do that in the ROM so it has to be done with a save editor.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2019
    Hey, I'm really enjoying the stat changes and optimizations of the hack but I'm finding it very hard to keep leveled for the totem challenges. The wild tables are all multiple levels below the next totem and I have to do excessive grinding with wild pokemon with the level scaling XP and no trainer rematches in USUM. Is there something I'm missing, some XP source I'm supposed to be using?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey, I'm really enjoying the stat changes and optimizations of the hack but I'm finding it very hard to keep leveled for the totem challenges. The wild tables are all multiple levels below the next totem and I have to do excessive grinding with wild pokemon with the level scaling XP and no trainer rematches in USUM. Is there something I'm missing, some XP source I'm supposed to be using?
    Hey, how big is the level gap between your team and the totems? A two or three level gap is intentional, but much more than that is a problem. The level curve expects that you are battling all the trainers (which does require a bit of backtracking occasionally), have the EXP share on all the time and don't have a full team of Pokemon in the slow experience group, but shouldn't require any extra grinding.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2019
    Just made the account to say thx for the romhack dude, but also some bug reporting i guess? it looks like slowpoke wont evolve into slowking while holding the kings rock, ive tried it on two of them and its the same lvl 37 they evolve into slowbro...i even leveled up slowbro to lvl 50 to see if it will evolve with the kings rock and still no difference

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Hi, how are you? I wanted to thank as always for keeping up this fantastic rom.

And wanted to ask if you had thought on revamping a little bit Kommo-o. Because suck. And bad. His stats. His weakness. His signature move is special attack, and his stats are more on the physical side. Tl;dr: It's a fucking mess. Weak in this terms: even after a DD cant OHKO a Flygon on the same level.x

Anyway, I'm enjoying as always. Almost 50 hours and yet I'm in Ula Ula Island. :D. It's amazing.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2019
    I made this account just to say thanks, the hack is awesome.
    Just a few things: I can't find aipom and cherubi in the berry piles, and meditite in ten carat hill. I think the locations pdf is wrong.
    Also; slowpoke doesn't evolve into slowking.

Thanks again.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Is Meltan in this game??
    Nope! It only includes the Pokemon that existed when USUM were released.

Just made the account to say thx for the romhack dude, but also some bug reporting i guess? it looks like slowpoke wont evolve into slowking while holding the kings rock, ive tried it on two of them and its the same lvl 37 they evolve into slowbro...i even leveled up slowbro to lvl 50 to see if it will evolve with the kings rock and still no difference
    You're welcome! I'll look into fixing the Slowpoke problem now, thanks for reporting it!

Hi, how are you? I wanted to thank as always for keeping up this fantastic rom.

And wanted to ask if you had thought on revamping a little bit Kommo-o. Because suck. And bad. His stats. His weakness. His signature move is special attack, and his stats are more on the physical side. Tl;dr: It's a ****ing mess. Weak in this terms: even after a DD cant OHKO a Flygon on the same level.x

Anyway, I'm enjoying as always. Almost 50 hours and yet I'm in Ula Ula Island. :D. It's amazing.
    Hey, I'm good, how are you? Thanks for the kind words!

I've given Kommo-o Shell Smash so it can make use of both of its mediocre attacking stats, but it learns it pretty late in the game at level 80 which is a bit silly in retrospect. I kind of want to leave its stats alone for now, but I'll try improving its level up moves so it gets stronger moves sooner, which should help.

I made this account just to say thanks, the hack is awesome.
    Just a few things: I can't find aipom and cherubi in the berry piles, and meditite in ten carat hill. I think the locations pdf is wrong.
    Also; slowpoke doesn't evolve into slowking.

Thanks again.
    Thanks! There's a definitely a problem with Meditite and Cherubi not appearing; they're supposed to be in those locations but aren't there in the game files. Aipom seems correct but I'll look into it anyway.

Thanks for reporting these issues, I'll get them fixed ASAP!

EDIT: I've just fixed the Slowpoke issue, made sure Meditite, Cherubi/Cherrim and Aipom are available in other places, and changed the Kommo-o' line's level up moveset. The files are uploading now, though it may take another hour or two for them to be available as the wild encounter files are pretty big.

Kommo-o's moveset has gone from this:
    Spoiler:

to this:
    Spoiler:

Earlier access to Outrage should fix its Flygon problem.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2019
    Photonic sun version
    Vullaby 54 => 34 doesnt work, it evolves at 54 still :D Rufflet however works and does evolve at 34
    Rockruff needs to have a certain ability (not own tempo) to be able to evolve into midday form..not a bug just a coincidence i didnt know and might be a good idea to have it written down somewhere, because after 25lvl it still wouldnt evolve but it did evolve into dusk form once the hour was right
    Also eevee (but i might be wrong) who evolves into sylveon by knowing fairy move and being happy, doesnt seem to work due to every eevee i catch having babydoll eyes as a move meaning i can use hp up, protein and so on to raise its happiness and then rare candy to lvl up, i automaticly get either espeon or umbreon...so i think maybe adding a fairy move as tm, removing it from wild eevee could solve this? i think it has to actually "learn" the move rather then have it already, but i might be wrong

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Photonic sun version
    Vullaby 54 => 34 doesnt work, it evolves at 54 still :D Rufflet however works and does evolve at 34
    Rockruff needs to have a certain ability (not own tempo) to be able to evolve into midday form..not a bug just a coincidence i didnt know and might be a good idea to have it written down somewhere, because after 25lvl it still wouldnt evolve but it did evolve into dusk form once the hour was right
    Also eevee (but i might be wrong) who evolves into sylveon by knowing fairy move and being happy, doesnt seem to work due to every eevee i catch having babydoll eyes as a move meaning i can use hp up, protein and so on to raise its happiness and then rare candy to lvl up, i automaticly get either espeon or umbreon...so i think maybe adding a fairy move as tm, removing it from wild eevee could solve this? i think it has to actually "learn" the move rather then have it already, but i might be wrong

Hey, I've fixed the Vullaby evolution - thanks for letting me know about that!
    The Rockruff thing is a weird case, Own Tempo Rockruff is actually coded as a separate Rockruff form, and only that form can evolve into Dusk Lycanroc. That's why the event Rockruff can become Dusk Lycanroc but the normal ones can't. Good call on having that written down though, I'll add it to the documents.

Eevee needs affection rather than happiness to evolve into Sylveon; you have to feed it beans or use refresh for that (it only needs two hearts out of five to evolve), so that'll be why you're getting Umbreon and Espeon instead.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2019
    I had my eyes on this hack for a while now, thanks for making it, but when I click on the Google Drive link, it says it was uploaded on 19/03/2019 , but you have changelog for
    the 20th march, did it not finish uploading yet or what ??

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2019
    don't worry, I downloaded it, it's because of the time zone difference , when you uploaded it on your end , it was the 20th while here it was still before midnight

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2019
    Brooklet hill, trial site, surfing, says wooper can be caught...yesterday i spent a good hour and a half hunting it and it never appeared, so that might be something you need to check, i moved around and i used honey to attract and it never showed...but tbf, it also took me forever to get froakie so it could be one of those things :D and thx for the sylveon...i tottaly forgot about that mechanic :P sorry

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I had my eyes on this hack for a while now, thanks for making it, but when I click on the Google Drive link, it says it was uploaded on 19/03/2019 , but you have changelog for
    the 20th march, did it not finish uploading yet or what ??
    You're welcome, hope you enjoy the hack!
    Brooklet hill, trial site, surfing, says wooper can be caught...yesterday i spent a good hour and a half hunting it and it never appeared, so that might be something you need to check, i moved around and i used honey to attract and it never showed...but tbf, it also took me forever to get froakie so it could be one of those things :D and thx for the sylveon...i tottaly forgot about that mechanic :P sorry
    I couldn't find it either, seems there were three separate sets of encounter data for surfing in Brooklet Hill and Wooper was in one that wasn't being used. I've made sure they're all the same now, so it will actually appear. No worries about the Sylveon thing, happy to help!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2019
    Route 6 no Chespin
    ill post if i have anymore unless if you have discord which you can dm to me, so i can dump them in real time XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2019
    OMG !!! thank you so much, I was surprised when I read through the Documents folder to see the encounter changes because I started a fresh game and saw Zigzagoon and Weedle in the grass on route 1, when I saw the elite four teams and how they have legendary pokemon after you challenge the league after the first game clear, I was shocked O_O, oh boi can't wait for that lol, just had the chance to sit and set up the hack because I was busy this week :)

Back