• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
The first few trial areas should be diverse enough to cover your weaknesses with that rule (there's a good chance of getting a fire, water and grass type from the Akala Island trial areas), unless you get really unlucky. It wouldn't hurt to give yourself an Island Scan Pokemon on each island or maybe after each trial though. I normally play without using healing items in battle, so that could be an interesting extra rule if you don't do that already.

The reason Giovanni has the crazy GSC style stats is that I wanted him to be significantly stronger than the other Rainbow Rocket bosses, but couldn't just give him a level boost as the player hits level 100 sometime around the Pokemon league (or just after it). At least he doesn't also have max IVs! The crazy level curve is just what happens when the game is designed around the EXP share; in my XY hacks I reduced exp gain to make it reasonable, but didn't want to combine that with the level scaling exp in USUM as it could have made the game into a bit of a grind. I wouldn't do it again, but it does at least make the post game scale to your level no matter which order you tackle it in.

The only dialogue changes are the intro and one line where Kukui hands you the new Rock Climb TM (and that's only in the Rebalanced versions); everything else is untouched. I probably won't buff Pelipper just because of how good Drizzle is, but other buffs are definitely something I'd consider. A lot of the Renegade Platinum changes are in already, but if there's a particular change you'd like to see in this too I'm open to suggestions (though they might take a while to be added to the game as I'm working on Emerald right now).

Happy to hear you're enjoying the hack, hope you have fun with the rest of it!

Thank you for the reply! I've just beat the first trial and wow that was difficult, even with my team at Lvl 16/17 (Brionne, Grubbin, Litleo, Wingull, Kadabra and Magnemite.) I lost once, and the rematch I had to paralyze both, use noble roar on Raticate 4 times then chip damage with STAB Silk Scarf Echoed Voice (3 of them dealt 50% HP before being taken down) then into Brionne, Roto Boosted and went for Disarming Voice twice. Super super difficult, and I'm thinking maybe the catch rule might be much? The problem is I want to use everything but I can't decide what pokemon to use so I thought that rule might help. Any ideas to help?

I'm looking forward to the post-game although it might be a bit too much for myself since there's no way to grind besides EV training, and making a competitive team to handle Rainbow Rocket's competitive pokemon.

Also, I thought some changes you could make is edit pokemon like the Abra Line (new level up moves rather than just Psychic moves?), maybe improve some pokemon like Dugtrio/Alolan Dugtrio, Magnemite Line with moves/stats (?), among other pokemon with... well let's just say very simple movesets (no coverage for example) or lower stats which haven't already been edited (just so every pokemon is potentially viable)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thank you for the reply! I've just beat the first trial and wow that was difficult, even with my team at Lvl 16/17 (Brionne, Grubbin, Litleo, Wingull, Kadabra and Magnemite.) I lost once, and the rematch I had to paralyze both, use noble roar on Raticate 4 times then chip damage with STAB Silk Scarf Echoed Voice (3 of them dealt 50% HP before being taken down) then into Brionne, Roto Boosted and went for Disarming Voice twice. Super super difficult, and I'm thinking maybe the catch rule might be much? The problem is I want to use everything but I can't decide what pokemon to use so I thought that rule might help. Any ideas to help?

I'm looking forward to the post-game although it might be a bit too much for myself since there's no way to grind besides EV training, and making a competitive team to handle Rainbow Rocket's competitive pokemon.

Also, I thought some changes you could make is edit pokemon like the Abra Line (new level up moves rather than just Psychic moves?), maybe improve some pokemon like Dugtrio/Alolan Dugtrio, Magnemite Line with moves/stats (?), among other pokemon with... well let's just say very simple movesets (no coverage for example) or lower stats which haven't already been edited (just so every pokemon is potentially viable)
That's a tricky one, there are so many Pokemon available it's hard to choose six. I guess you could choose a team at random or go with the first two captures instead?

If you want a bit of an edge over the post game trainers Pokemon Refresh is always an option. You should be able to handle them without it though, and you can also passively EV train through the story using the EV reducing berries (just keep removing unwanted EVs until you've maxed out the stats you want; the berries are cheap so you can afford as many as you need).

Magnemite and Abra just need to pay a visit to the move tutors; both get Shock Wave and Signal Beam, which is pretty much all I'd give them early on anyway. Both Dugtrios could probably use some buffs (didn't realize their level up moves were so bad), especially as Arena Trap doesn't bother the AI. Thanks for the suggestions!

Oh man, Renegade Platinum was Dray's magnum opus, so well done and fleshed out. Glad to know you're taking inspiration from his works, he's a professional!
Yeah, his Blaze Black hack is what got me into ROM hacking. Loved Renegade Platinum too, definitely his best hack!

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
So you're working on Emerald right now? Those are fantastic news!!! On gba? Or are you trying something more audacious on ORAS?😏

And BTW, I'm totally on favor about Giovanni with those stats. You're right, in postgame my team is 100 and without a level curve, you can outmatch the IA easily if you're prepared with all the mts, items, pokemons, megaevolutions you're getting through the game. So I think it's fair. Hardcore, but fair

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
So you're working on Emerald right now? Those are fantastic news!!! On gba? Or are you trying something more audacious on ORAS?😏

And BTW, I'm totally on favor about Giovanni with those stats. You're right, in postgame my team is 100 and without a level curve, you can outmatch the IA easily if you're prepared with all the mts, items, pokemons, megaevolutions you're getting through the game. So I think it's fair. Hardcore, but fair
Yeah, good old GBA Emerald. Went with that over ORAS so I could have gen VII Pokemon and move tutors before post game, as well as things like NPCs who can change natures, IVs and EVs.

I don't have an ETA on it yet, but the wild Pokemon are mostly done and trainers are done up to Slateport.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 23, 2020
Hello and good job with this amazing Rom Hack you created. I am enjoying it like nothing else.
I have one suggestion for you if you want and can do in the next update so the game will be more challenging and surprising. I was thinking of when an opponent's pokemon is fainting and he is up to use the next one, you can make a change so we can't see what that next pokemon will be. Or make a change at "shift" option so we will be asked first if we want to change a pokemon before the opponent's chose what he will use.
Thank you again for the amazing job. Keep updating this ROM as long as you can.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
I just found that the encounters in the fishing spot in Paniola Town are unchanged from the standard game, do you plan to change them at some point? As is it's just Magikarp and Barboach.

On an unrelated note, do you plan to give additional abilities to some of the starters that still only have their standard and hidden ones, such as Mudkip? It just occurred to me when I got my Brooklet Hill encounter and couldn't use an Ability Capsule on it. In the case of Mudkip at least I could see Swift Swim working well, it's already what Mega Swampert has also.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello and good job with this amazing Rom Hack you created. I am enjoying it like nothing else.
I have one suggestion for you if you want and can do in the next update so the game will be more challenging and surprising. I was thinking of when an opponent's pokemon is fainting and he is up to use the next one, you can make a change so we can't see what that next pokemon will be. Or make a change at "shift" option so we will be asked first if we want to change a pokemon before the opponent's chose what he will use.
Thank you again for the amazing job. Keep updating this ROM as long as you can.
Thanks! I did consider doing that, but I figured set mode already achieves that, and I didn't want to ruin shift mode for people who enjoy it the way it is. Hopefully I'll be able to keep updating this hack for quite a while, but updates will eventually be bug fixes only.

I just found that the encounters in the fishing spot in Paniola Town are unchanged from the standard game, do you plan to change them at some point? As is it's just Magikarp and Barboach.

On an unrelated note, do you plan to give additional abilities to some of the starters that still only have their standard and hidden ones, such as Mudkip? It just occurred to me when I got my Brooklet Hill encounter and couldn't use an Ability Capsule on it. In the case of Mudkip at least I could see Swift Swim working well, it's already what Mega Swampert has also.
Ah yeah I completely forgot to edit those encounters. Not sure what else I could put in there, but the levels probably need to be bumped up a bit.

That's a good idea, it is a little unfair that only some starters get a second ability. Swift Swim seems reasonable for the Mudkip line too.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 23, 2020
Thanks! I did consider doing that, but I figured set mode already achieves that, and I didn't want to ruin shift mode for people who enjoy it the way it is. Hopefully I'll be able to keep updating this hack for quite a while, but updates will eventually be bug fixes only.

Yeah I understand that shift mode is preferred for some people. Maybe you can change the set mode so we can be the ones that first make the change before the opponent does so and not need to wait and lose our next turn for the change.
Keep up the good work and thanks for your answer.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
good day. im playing the standard version..and i want to try the rebalanced version..is it possible to continue my saved file from standard to rebalanced?

thanks again

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
good day. im playing the standard version..and i want to try the rebalanced version..is it possible to continue my saved file from standard to rebalanced?

thanks again
Hey, you can keep using the same save file. The hack's saves will also work with the vanilla games, and vice versa.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 13, 2022
How do I get the Gen. VII starters? I searched the wild Pokémon PDF but didn't find any hits.

Years
If you don't mind me making a suggestion, would it be possible to copy an idea from Supernova Sun, which is the item Sacred Ash being buyable in the store? The catch in SNS was that it was 100 Pokedollars, but it could only be used outside of battle. What if it was only available after all Trials, but costed, say, around 5,000P, and could still only be used outside of battle? That would alleviate the need for carrying a ton of revives and potions around.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2019
i have a problem, in the berry piles the only pokemon that appear is crabrawler, in every berry pile.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Yeah, good old GBA Emerald. Went with that over ORAS so I could have gen VII Pokemon and move tutors before post game, as well as things like NPCs who can change natures, IVs and EVs.

I don't have an ETA on it yet, but the wild Pokemon are mostly done and trainers are done up to Slateport.

Oh fantastic, I'll definitly take a look when is released

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
If you don't mind me making a suggestion, would it be possible to copy an idea from Supernova Sun, which is the item Sacred Ash being buyable in the store? The catch in SNS was that it was 100 Pokedollars, but it could only be used outside of battle. What if it was only available after all Trials, but costed, say, around 5,000P, and could still only be used outside of battle? That would alleviate the need for carrying a ton of revives and potions around.
Yeah that would actually be a massive quality of life change for the late game, all the out of battle healing gets pretty tedious. Sacred Ash is always out of battle only too, so it would be easy to implement. I'll add that to the games with the next update, thanks for the suggestion!
i have a problem, in the berry piles the only pokemon that appear is crabrawler, in every berry pile.
Are the other wild Pokemon changes working? Crabrawler is still common in every pile so it could just be bad luck, but I'll take a look just in case.

Years
Thanks for accepting the suggestion! I just got through the Poni Gauntlet, and it took over 7 hours total, I kid you not. Had to heal my team and save after every battle. Let's just say I'm glad my Arcanine, Magnus knows Extreme Speed.

Back