• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Hey sorry for the slow reply, completely missed your post somehow. I kinda want to make a Sword and Shield hack, but my Switch is pretty new so it's not exploitable and I have no way to play test a hack for it right now. Once that changes I'll look into it, but I don't know when that will be. It'd only take a couple of weeks to make seeing as there's no need to do much wild Pokemon editing.

Its ok for the slow reply i do know that you always answer in time when you see our posts.
    Yes indeed there is no much to do for the wild pokemon coz of the missing National Dex. But i think a Hack Rom for creating a hard and challenging game, by changing the battle trainer's pokemon team, Levels of some pokemon and maybe if you be able to make something about the EXP Share so we can turn it off would be great for us. Of course there are a lot os stuff that you can change like moves, abilities etc, but that's your job to think what will be necessary to be changed.
    Of course we will wait for an exploit and when New Shitch models can be hacked (i also bought the new one so i am not in a hurry neither :P )

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Here's a "cheat" for the Ultra Necrozma battle. If you didn't get any Focus Sashes from the Battle Royal Dome, save the one you get on Poni Island for that battle. Put it on someone with Counter, Mirror Coat, or Metal Burst. At least on Prismatic Moon, Mirror Coat is needed. And that's it, not using that "cheat" means pure Hell. I couldn't beat it without such a strategy.
    There's also a second free Focus Sash on Poni Island just in case you use the other one; the traded Shellos in the Pokemon Center holds one. The easiest strategy for Necrozma is to catch a wild Raticate, give it the Focus Sash and use Endeavor on turn one followed by Sucker Punch on turn two (Raticate will always have both of those moves if it's encountered at a high level). Destiny Bond works too, but that's harder to get.

Its ok for the slow reply i do know that you always answer in time when you see our posts.
    Yes indeed there is no much to do for the wild pokemon coz of the missing National Dex. But i think a Hack Rom for creating a hard and challenging game, by changing the battle trainer's pokemon team, Levels of some pokemon and maybe if you be able to make something about the EXP Share so we can turn it off would be great for us. Of course there are a lot os stuff that you can change like moves, abilities etc, but that's your job to think what will be necessary to be changed.
    Of course we will wait for an exploit and when New Shitch models can be hacked (i also bought the new one so i am not in a hurry neither :P )
    Yeah I'd definitely like to improve the trainers, they're pretty bad. Not sure how I'd handle the EXP share but I could at least balance the game around it being on.

New Pokemon games usually encourage people to find new exploits, so hopefully it won't be long!

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    thanks for the help buffel! it worked!, i can finally play with my overpowered mons lol, btw are you still gonna update this hack?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    thanks for the help buffel! it worked!, i can finally play with my overpowered mons lol, btw are you still gonna update this hack?

No problem! Yeah there's at least one more thing I want to do with it, but that'll be a while away.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Yeah I'd definitely like to improve the trainers, they're pretty bad. Not sure how I'd handle the EXP share but I could at least balance the game around it being on.

New Pokemon games usually encourage people to find new exploits, so hopefully it won't be long![/QUOTE]

Good to hear that. I already read that they found a way to hack the new consoles and I hope in the next couple of months they will finish it and release it.
    Until then we will play the game as it is and then we will enjoy the hacked version when it will be ready.

Years
  • Not gonna lie, the only reason I beat Ultra Necrozma, Hapu, and Hau for the Championship on the first go is because all my Pokemon are 5 hearts, and they held out with one HP and got a critical hit on a supereffective move. My Gardevoir, Elyse has a choice spec, and Moonblast absolutely decimated Mega Salamence. My face was numb from this thrill.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I still have the postgame to finish.

Edit: finished the Rainbow Rocket story, surprisingly didn't need a second shot at Giovanni, but needed it for Ghetsis and Cyrus.

Edit 2: beat all the other postgame trainers, including the Elite 4 and Hau again. I'll battle the E4 again and see if I can beat the other challengers.

Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

It took multiple tries against the Elite 4, for some reason I couldn't replicate my initial success against Molayne, Olivia, and Acerola. With the first 2, Excadrill swept, utilizing Rapid Spin and Swords Dance to make it a sweeper. For Acerola, it was Sticky Web from Ariados, and other team members getting KOs thanks to the speed drop. Kahili, I lost the first attempt, but figured out how to take her out, having Meowstic set up Nasty Plot on Skarmory and get an early lead, then have Milotic finish the match.

For Hau, Sticky Web again, the sweep came in the middle of the match. Milotic burned Azumarill with Scald, and Meowstic got switched in to set up Nasty Plot and destroy the rest of Hau's team, including his Mega Salemence, who used Dragon Dance instead of hitting me. First attempt at Hau by the way.

I don't use healing items or those X items during battle. Hold items came in handy: Quick Claw for Ariados and Incineroar, Weakness Policy on others, Air Balloon on Excadrill. I made sure none of my Pokemon went past 2 hearts, I saw how broken 3 hearts was, and I couldn't tolerate that. I didn't use Z-moves either. When I first got the Firium Z, I played around with it, but for major trainer battles, I didn't use any Z-moves.

It was pretty grindy for me, mainly because it took a long time to form my team and the hack makes it feel necessary to have a full team as early as possible. The Lucky Egg alleviated the grind, that was my only major complaint about the hack, thankfully taken care of. Yeah I loved this, but I'm used to playing hacks at breakneck speed on an emulator, taking 2-3 days. Using my 3DS, even with the movement speed and text speed increased via patches, this has taken over a week to finish. The SOS chaining and EV grinding took up a lot of time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I still have the postgame to finish.

Edit: finished the Rainbow Rocket story, surprisingly didn't need a second shot at Giovanni, but needed it for Ghetsis and Cyrus.

Edit 2: beat all the other postgame trainers, including the Elite 4 and Hau again. I'll battle the E4 again and see if I can beat the other challengers.

It took multiple tries against the Elite 4, for some reason I couldn't replicate my initial success against Molayne, Olivia, and Acerola. With the first 2, Excadrill swept, utilizing Rapid Spin and Swords Dance to make it a sweeper. For Acerola, it was Sticky Web from Ariados, and other team members getting KOs thanks to the speed drop. Kahili, I lost the first attempt, but figured out how to take her out, having Meowstic set up Nasty Plot on Skarmory and get an early lead, then have Milotic finish the match.

For Hau, Sticky Web again, the sweep came in the middle of the match. Milotic burned Azumarill with Scald, and Meowstic got switched in to set up Nasty Plot and destroy the rest of Hau's team, including his Mega Salemence, who used Dragon Dance instead of hitting me. First attempt at Hau by the way.

I don't use healing items or those X items during battle. Hold items came in handy: Quick Claw for Ariados and Incineroar, Weakness Policy on others, Air Balloon on Excadrill. I made sure none of my Pokemon went past 2 hearts, I saw how broken 3 hearts was, and I couldn't tolerate that. I didn't use Z-moves either. When I first got the Firium Z, I played around with it, but for major trainer battles, I didn't use any Z-moves.

It was pretty grindy for me, mainly because it took a long time to form my team and the hack makes it feel necessary to have a full team as early as possible. The Lucky Egg alleviated the grind, that was my only major complaint about the hack, thankfully taken care of. Yeah I loved this, but I'm used to playing hacks at breakneck speed on an emulator, taking 2-3 days. Using my 3DS, even with the movement speed and text speed increased via patches, this has taken over a week to finish. The SOS chaining and EV grinding took up a lot of time.
    Looks like a fun team with some great synergy, good to hear at least some of the boss fights were challenging enough to need multiple attempts! Thanks for sharing your experiences too, it's always nice to see how people are playing the hacks.

It's a shame the 3DS games can't be fully sped up yet but I'm sure citra will reach that point eventually.

Years
  • Ampharos with Tail Glow and Parabolic Charge is the best thing ive ever seen.
    Also, I just noticed that capturing the Keldeo from Island Scan doesn't work for acquiring its Resolute form by learning Secret Sword from the elderly man in Hano Grand Resort. I assume it's due to it requiring an authentic event version of Keldeo, and it's likely this is the case for Meloetta's alternate form through learning Relic Song. Is there a possibility you could add it into their move pools, that way the player could learn and forget them freely, allowing the option of using the alternative forms?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I don't know when this happened, but I got Pokerus! I haven't battled a wild Pokemon in days, because of this Pokemon League cycle I've found myself in and repelling my way through stuff for a while before this cycle. Either it came from a Poke Pelago (where I didn't encounter any wild Pokemon), or from a trainer battle, but there's no info of either causing Pokerus. It's always in a wild battle. This is weird. I just went to the Pokemon Center, first time in a few hours, and the nurse is referencing Pokerus, so I definitely got it today.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Ampharos with Tail Glow and Parabolic Charge is the best thing ive ever seen.
    Also, I just noticed that capturing the Keldeo from Island Scan doesn't work for acquiring its Resolute form by learning Secret Sword from the elderly man in Hano Grand Resort. I assume it's due to it requiring an authentic event version of Keldeo, and it's likely this is the case for Meloetta's alternate form through learning Relic Song. Is there a possibility you could add it into their move pools, that way the player could learn and forget them freely, allowing the option of using the alternative forms?
    Yeah those Ampharos changes were a pretty good suggestion from someone, very fun.
    I added Relic Song to the relearnable moves for the Meloetta encounter in the last update, will do the same for Keldeo at some point and add them to the regular level up moves for any that were caught before then too.
    I don't know when this happened, but I got Pokerus! I haven't battled a wild Pokemon in days, because of this Pokemon League cycle I've found myself in and repelling my way through stuff for a while before this cycle. Either it came from a Poke Pelago (where I didn't encounter any wild Pokemon), or from a trainer battle, but there's no info of either causing Pokerus. It's always in a wild battle. This is weird. I just went to the Pokemon Center, first time in a few hours, and the nurse is referencing Pokerus, so I definitely got it today.

I've never heard of it coming from anything but a wild battle either, that's interesting. Congrats!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Here's my team in better detail.

I messed with the clock to get the Lusamine and Gladion Title Defense matches. The only one I haven't battled is Tristan. Once I do that, I'm done with the game (unless I come back to mess around in the Battle Tree). Over 100 hours logged into this, 11 days since I started it. Quite the commitment, but worth it.

Edit: finally got Tristan, took a dozen resets. Now that's every challenger defeated at least once.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    I started playing and in the grass immediately after you get your starter I've found Zigzagoon, Scatterbug, Buneary, Weedle and Rattata? The non-native pokemon showing up and the intro message indicated that I'm playing the hack but the encounter table is screwed up? I think I'm suppose to encounter Patrat, Ralts, etc. I tried both sun and moon and both had the same issues even though it indicated I was playing the hack. Could you maybe look into it please? It might be an issue with Citra?

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2021
    the grass immediately after you get your starter I've found Zigzagoon, Scatterbug, Buneary, Weedle and Rattata

That's meant to be that way. The individual patches of grass spawn different pokemon. Make sure you're checking the correct patches of grass labeled in the pictures.

Now for the hack, I was wondering if someone couldn't come up with a cheat to check IVs/EVs on the stat screen. The standard USUM one seems to break with this on Luma. I was trying not to care but I ended up with a 0 speed mon that got wrecked pretty early on.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    That's meant to be that way. The individual patches of grass spawn different pokemon. Make sure you're checking the correct patches of grass labeled in the pictures.

Now for the hack, I was wondering if someone couldn't come up with a cheat to check IVs/EVs on the stat screen. The standard USUM one seems to break with this on Luma. I was trying not to care but I ended up with a 0 speed mon that got wrecked pretty early on.

I use this NTR plugin.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pcalc-usum-the-rng-plugin-for-ultra-sun-and-ultra-moon.489643/

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2020
    Hello! I am here to report a bug in Prismatic Moon. I am unable to shop at the Pokemon Center right before the trial on Route 2 without the game freezing. I am playing on the citra nightly build, the game runs flawlessly otherwise.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023

"If you can find Ralts, Poochyena, Patrat or Bunnelby in the patch of grass where you get your starter, the hack is working."
    From the first page of this thread.

Grass 2 Levels: 2-3 Species Rate (%) Zigzagoon 15 Caterpie 15 Weedle 15 Pidgey 15 Scatterbug 15 Wurmple 15 0 Kricketot 0 15 Purrloin 10

Grass 3 Levels: 2-3 Species Rate (%) Bunnelby 20 Buneary 20 Patrat 15 Poochyena 15 Ralts 15 Sentret 15 0 Hoothoot 0 15

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm suppose to find a Ralts, Patrat, etc because the grass patch immediately after your starter is suppose to be group 3. I'd link an image of the documentation but I can't yet. In addition, even if it was grass 2 that still doesn't explain why I saw both a Buneary and a Rattata in the same patch of grass despite them being in separate encounter groups?

***Edit***
    Turns out the encounter tables are properly implemented once you get the pokeballs it seems like. Makes sense I guess but it would be nice to have a heads up about this because I thought I installed the game improperly or something.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2021
    I use this NTR plugin.

So I tried this just now and I don't really need any of the other functions it provides. It also doesn't integrate at all meaning I can be looking at one pokemon and see the stats of an entirely different pokemon. I appreciate the help, it's just way more than what I was looking for.

If you look at something like Doryano's hacks he puts a cheat up with his releases so that it just displays in game on the stats screen with the L (IV) and R (EV) buttons. The cheat that comes with Luma via Checkpoint also has this setup for the base game, it just doesn't work with this hack. I don't know if it's hard to find and create/integrate something like this but if it's possible I would greatly appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2021
    "If you can find Ralts, Poochyena, Patrat or Bunnelby in the patch of grass where you get your starter, the hack is working."
    From the first page of this thread.

Grass 2 Levels: 2-3 Species Rate (%) Zigzagoon 15 Caterpie 15 Weedle 15 Pidgey 15 Scatterbug 15 Wurmple 15 0 Kricketot 0 15 Purrloin 10

Grass 3 Levels: 2-3 Species Rate (%) Bunnelby 20 Buneary 20 Patrat 15 Poochyena 15 Ralts 15 Sentret 15 0 Hoothoot 0 15

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm suppose to find a Ralts, Patrat, etc because the grass patch immediately after your starter is suppose to be group 3. I'd link an image of the documentation but I can't yet. In addition, even if it was grass 2 that still doesn't explain why I saw both a Buneary and a Rattata in the same patch of grass despite them being in separate encounter groups?

Ah ok, I misread. It might just be reading the tables wrong initially. I thought I had some weird encounters there but I didn't really check until after I went through some of the story and assumed I just read the map wrong. Try advancing and go back to see if it corrects.

Years
  • Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon
    Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon
    Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon
    Cool Sidenote about Greyn: Considering he's Ash's Greninja with the Battle Bond Ability, I used Island Scan after setting my device's time to the day that the episode where he and Ash part ways in XYZ aired, which was a Saturday, coincidentally enough.

Last edited:
    Back