• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2021
    Thanks for letting me know about that, will look into it and see what needs to be fixed. Probably a missing file or an oversight.

Glad you liked the hack! Can definitely see why electric types are a pain for that team, still looks solid though! Episode RR was definitely no battle frontier lol. It was at least fun making teams for all the villains, but it was pretty sad compared to what the earlier improved versions added. And you're welcome!

Hey, thanks again for letting me know about these errors! Will get a fix up for them soon.

Unfortunately the mega ring isn't an actual item in USUM (well technically it is, but it's just leftover from XY and doesn't do anything), it's a flag in the save file that needs to be set. Only way to set the flag is in a script, which isn't something I can do on the 3DS.

Hi, patching the game on a phone is very similar to patching it on PC, you'll just have to create a folder as an extra step. There's a post earlier in the thread that explains how to do it, I'll see if I can find it for you. I haven't made a mobile install guide as I can't get citra working on my phone (think it might be too old to run it).

EDIT: this post explains the extra step needed (create the "load" and "mods" folders), after that it's the same process as on PC (copy files, install eshop update, etc.)

Thanks for the help. I managed to do it by now, but then i got a new problem... for some unknown reason i lost FPS if i update it to 1.2...:d but whatever, i just delete it, and reinstall the update only if i need something from the mart.

Btw, it didnt worked on my phone either, i thought the same, my phone just too old, plus i got a huawei and citra doesnt support it. Even the newest high end huawei phones cant run citra properly...
    So i thought its impossible to me with my 3yr old huawei, but then i find this:

Citra MMJ v09a1dfb49

And with this version, it works like a dream. Perfectly smooth, no lag, 720p and i can even set it up for 45-50 fps for more speed if its needed. Just perfect.
    + it has custom shaders, one of it called "cartoon" and it makes the game look like as the walking dead game. Epic:d
    So give it a try, i hope it helps!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Hi! Another little bug: Swanna is replaced with Yveltal in the Ultra Space Wilds in Prismatic Moon, but the documentation says this replacement occurs in Photonic Sun (maybe it does; I've only played PM, so I wouldn't know).

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2021
    Hello. So far I am enjoying this hack very much. There is just one thing I want to point out. With the new level curve, traded Pokemon will not obey you. For example, the first grand trial lets all Pokemon up to lvl 35 to obey, which is fine in the original game because the second grand trial is lvl 28, but in your hack it's level 47.

My suggestion is to change the level for Pokemon to obey to the following, directly based on the grand trial's strongest Pokemon:

Up to Lv. 25 No stamp requirement
    Up to Lv. 50 Melemele Trial Completion
    Up to Lv. 80 Akala Trial Completion
    Up to Lv. 100 Ula'ula Trial Completion
    ------------- Poni Trial Completion

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi! Another little bug: Swanna is replaced with Yveltal in the Ultra Space Wilds in Prismatic Moon, but the documentation says this replacement occurs in Photonic Sun (maybe it does; I've only played PM, so I wouldn't know).
    Hi, looks like it happens in both but should only happen in Sun. Thanks for letting me know!
    Hello. So far I am enjoying this hack very much. There is just one thing I want to point out. With the new level curve, traded Pokemon will not obey you. For example, the first grand trial lets all Pokemon up to lvl 35 to obey, which is fine in the original game because the second grand trial is lvl 28, but in your hack it's level 47.

My suggestion is to change the level for Pokemon to obey to the following, directly based on the grand trial's strongest Pokemon:

Up to Lv. 25 No stamp requirement
    Up to Lv. 50 Melemele Trial Completion
    Up to Lv. 80 Akala Trial Completion
    Up to Lv. 100 Ula'ula Trial Completion
    ------------- Poni Trial Completion

Hi, sadly that would require a code change which I can't do on the 3DS. Would be easy to change the numbers if I knew where they were, but I don't even know where to start looking for them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Not a problem!

I love your X/Y and US/UM hacks. Have you made (or are you considering making) a Sw/Sh hack?
    Thanks! I'm not planning to make a Sw/Sh hack at the moment, but that might change if someone manages to get homebrew running on the newer switch models. I can't mod my mine right now and that makes a Sw/Sh hack a bit trickier to make.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2024
    Anybody able to help with citra on android. Are you able to trade/battle with other players or is it just with pc only?

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2022
    So I took a look at Blaziken's changes as part of the Poke Changes documentation, it says it's supposed to get Close Combat, but it doesn't get it by level-up or by re-learner.

Is there another way it can get Close Combat that I'm not aware of?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So I took a look at Blaziken's changes as part of the Poke Changes documentation, it says it's supposed to get Close Combat, but it doesn't get it by level-up or by re-learner.

Is there another way it can get Close Combat that I'm not aware of?
    Hey, seems that's a mistake on my part. It should get it at the move relearner instead of High Jump Kick, but definitely doesn't. There are a few other issues that need to be fixed, so I'll upload a fix for this one at the same time (may take a little while as one of the files in Photonic Sun is broken).

Thanks for bringing this up!

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2021
    Hi, I have several questions
    1) Is the move reminder still at Mount Lanakila?
    2) You can buy bottle caps at Mount Hokulani, but you can't use them until you become Champion, right?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi, I have several questions
    1) Is the move reminder still at Mount Lanakila?
    2) You can buy bottle caps at Mount Hokulani, but you can't use them until you become Champion, right?
    Hi, yes to both questions. Nothing I could do about either of those sadly.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2022
    Have you given any thought to changing the evolution methods of Charjabug/Magneton? In Sw/Sh they're able to evolve via Thunderstone.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Have you given any thought to changing the evolution methods of Charjabug/Magneton? In Sw/Sh they're able to evolve via Thunderstone.
    That's already been done! Charjabug deliberately doesn't evolve with a Thunderstone in the rebalanced versions, but it can in the standard version.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi. I wonder if i can evolve to Solgaleo even if im playing in PM? Thanks
    Hi, yes you can, check the "Evolution Changes" document.

I've just updated all versions of the hack to fix the recently reported issues with static encounters and level up moves. Oddly I couldn't see any problems with Route 10's berry pile, but hopefully the update will fix it anyway.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Hi, yes you can, check the "Evolution Changes" document.

I've just updated all versions of the hack to fix the recently reported issues with static encounters and level up moves. Oddly I couldn't see any problems with Route 10's berry pile, but hopefully the update will fix it anyway.

Oh sorry i didn't notice it. Btw i have a little problem, i have Marshadow on my team but the guy in Tide Song Hotel won't give me the Z crystal.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2023
    A friend noticed an inconsistency with encounters in Brooklet Hill.
    Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

The documentation says encounters are level 20-23, but Feebas can appear as high as level 27.
    His theory is that encounters were set for exp value, with Feebas's changed from Erratic to Medium-Fast, but the encounter itself wasn't adjusted accordingly for such and thus now appears at a higher level.
    It seems fairly plausible to me, since opening the file in pkhex displays the level 27 Feebas as level 23.

There may be other inconsistencies with similarly-edited mons, but I haven't noticed any so far.

Back