• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi ,my boy deleted my save file again :( ,idk why .I was looking around for other hacks and this came to mind .btw are gen 8 Pokemon included?
    Hey! Nah, adding gen 8 mons to the 3DS games is way beyond me unfortunately!
    Hi, I tried installing this on Citra, and i followed everything but it just freezes after the intro of Lilly running. It says 3 months later, zooms into my house and goes onto a white screen. As soon as it goes white it drops to 0 fps and becomes unresponsive. I tried deleting all the files and reinstalling it but it happened again. Any help?
    First thing to do is narrow down what's causing the freeze:
    Try running the game without the hack applied and see if it still freezes. If it works, the hack is the problem. If it still freezes, uninstall the update and try again. If it works, the update is the problem. If it freezes, either the ROM or citra is the problem.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2021
    Hi Ive realised that its most likely the cia i installed to make it 1.2 . It doesnt work without mods so I tried downloading a new rom which didnt work. (Also I had the game working before installing the 1.2 update, as i didnt realise untill pokemarts didnt work). When i put the new rom into citra it automatically is 1.2 so im unsure how to change this?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi Ive realised that its most likely the cia i installed to make it 1.2 . It doesnt work without mods so I tried downloading a new rom which didnt work. (Also I had the game working before installing the 1.2 update, as i didnt realise untill pokemarts didnt work). When i put the new rom into citra it automatically is 1.2 so im unsure how to change this?
    Ah, that probably means the ROM has the update built into it already, which means it's not a clean ROM and mightn't work with the hack. You need one that is untouched (i.e. a version 1.0 ROM, not 1.2). The update should be installed as a separate file.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2021
    Sorry ive figured more out since. I deleted some files from citra and it got rid of the 1.2 update, it now works without the update however updating it to 1.2 seems to be the issue. Unsure of where to find one that works, as it leads to freezing each time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2022
    do you have any idea why my ,menu looks so bad font everything else is perfect but the menu looks so bad

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    Hi, I was just wondering if in the next update you might consider giving Talonflame a couple of the punch moves in the rebalanced version to better reflect real falcon hunting strategies. Sorry if you are no longer actively updating this hack!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi, I was just wondering if in the next update you might consider giving Talonflame a couple of the punch moves in the rebalanced version to better reflect real falcon hunting strategies. Sorry if you are no longer actively updating this hack!
    That'd be more of a kick than a punch, no? At least in Pokémon terms. I'm not really adding new stuff to this one but will fix bugs if needed!

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2022
    Hey, just had a quick question. It says Luxray now has the ability Strong Jaw instead of Rivalry, Does that go all the way down to Shinx or does it only get Strong Kaw upon evolving?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey, just had a quick question. It says Luxray now has the ability Strong Jaw instead of Rivalry, Does that go all the way down to Shinx or does it only get Strong Kaw upon evolving?
    Hey, just Luxray. Shinx and Luxio still have Rivalry.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2022
    Hey y'all. Sorry for the bother. I'm loving the hack, trying to fix the smart issue though. I'm new to emulation and not too savvy on the software. A step by step, dumbed down approach would be appreciated if anyone has a moment. Also, when searching for the 1.2 title the sites to get it from all lead to different sites and pop ups. Aside from balls, I typically have no use for the marts so if there's a way around that that works too. I've look on this thread and have seen others having the same issue and have asked, I guess I'm just not understanding. I'm using citra on android if that helps. Idk how to check the version, it was recent update. That's all I know. Thanks in advance for anyone that has a minute to help!

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2021
    Just became champion in Photonic Sun. When I did the Ultra Recon Squad event at Poni Grove, Stakataka appeared and not Blacephalon. Looking at the documents, Stakataka was only for the Island Scan in Photonic Sun and not the event so it seems like Blacephalon is uncatchable for me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2023
    So I'm playing through this hack now and I'm at the kantonian gym and there's a trainer with a Cinccino that keeps flinching my pokemon. What item does it have? I'm just curious.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Just became champion in Photonic Sun. When I did the Ultra Recon Squad event at Poni Grove, Stakataka appeared and not Blacephalon. Looking at the documents, Stakataka was only for the Island Scan in Photonic Sun and not the event so it seems like Blacephalon is uncatchable for me.
    Sorry for the slow reply! Thought I'd fixed that, so just to check, are you using a pre-patched version or using the files from the google drive link in the OP?
    So I'm playing through this hack now and I'm at the kantonian gym and there's a trainer with a Cinccino that keeps flinching my pokemon. What item does it have? I'm just curious.
    It's probably a King's Rock; each hit in a multi-hit move has a chance to activate the rock and flinch the target, so it's almost a 50% flinch chance if all five hits land.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2021
    TheZipBon summed up the issue nicely, but it's also worth mentioning that you can rename PKHeX to PKHaX to enable illegal mode, which will allow you to set the rebalanced abilities for your Pokemon. Changing a Pokemon's ability slot in PKHeX and then evolving it in game will also cause it to gain its modified ability.

If it's not working in game that could mean there's a problem with the hack's files or it isn't installed correctly.

I do get asked this fairly often, so I guess it'd be worth making a modified PKHeX that works with the hack.

Hey! I'm playing photonic sun and loving it, great job mate! I was just wondering if you or someone made the modified PKHeX you talked about?
    Thanks for your time!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2022
    Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Hack of: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon
    Released: 25th July 2018
    Updated: 12th June 2021
    Current Version: 2.36: More fixes

Summary
    Named after Necrozma's signature moves, Photonic Sun and Prismatic Moon are enhanced versions of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. They include all the usual features you'd expect in this sort of hack; stronger trainers, the ability to catch and train any Pokémon you want, and Ultra Changes easier access to powerful items. Training most Pokémon in the hacks is also much easier; they'll learn egg moves by simply levelling up, won't need to be traded to evolve, and will hatch from eggs extremely quickly. Trainers and wild Pokémon are designed around leaving the EXP Share ON from the moment you get it, so switching it off too often isn't recommended. The hacks also allow the use of any Pokémon in all modes in the Battle Tree, so you can get some use out of all those Ultra Wormhole Legendaries.

Photonic Sun and Prismatic Moon are each available in two distinct versions: Rebalanced and Standard. Both versions are fully documented; you can click here to browse all the important changes, or keep reading for a quick overview:

Rebalanced
    This version of Photonic Sun or Prismatic Moon includes many changes to Pokémon stats, types, abilities and movesets, making many weaker Pokémon more powerful. Some of these changes are inspired by other ROM hacks, such as Drayano's Blaze Black and Volt White and luuma's Altered Emerald, but most changes are taken directly from my earlier hacks, Eternal X and Wilting Y. New additions include:
    • Faster Alola! Tsareena, Vikavolt, Decidueye and more now have much higher speed stats.
    • Kommo-o has regained Shell Smash, but this time it's available to the player!
    • Golisopod can now have Shell Armor as a second ability, and learns Razor Shell after it evolves instead of before it evolves.
    • Ariados' signature move, Toxic Thread, now harshly lowers a foe's Speed, Defense and Special Defense, as well as poisoning them!
    • Water Pulse has been buffed to 80 base power, giving Ice-Types valuable type coverage and boosting the power of Pokémon with Mega Launcher.
    The Rebalanced version also includes five new TMs which have a significant impact on the game:
    • TM59 can now teach Sucker Punch to a wide variety of Pokémon, including many from later generations who missed out on the move tutor.
    • TM60 can now teach Aura Sphere to any Pokémon that can learn Focus Blast.
    • TM67 can now teach Rock Climb to many Pokémon; it's also a Rock-type move. Great with Sheer Force and Tough Claws!
    • TM79 can now teach any Ice-type Freeze Dry, which has 95 base power.
    • TM100 brings back the classic Curse TM from Gold and Silver, and just like the original, it's compatible with any Pokémon that can learn TMs!
    Finally, the Rebalanced version also includes many of the best movepool changes from Pokémon Sword and Shield (including ones added later via Pokémon Home)!

Standard
    If the changes in the Rebalanced version don't appeal to you, but you still want to try the hack, this version of Photonic Sun or Prismatic Moon is for you. It omits the Pokémon and move changes from the Rebalanced Version but retains all the hack's other features, including access to egg moves by leveling up, and the fix to Golisopod's Razor Shell mentioned above.
    Note that Pokémon captured in this version will NOT be legal for online play, but their offspring will be, provided they don't learn any egg moves they didn't have when they hatched. I wouldn't suggest going online with the hack installed, and while transferring Pokémon bred in the hack to Pokémon Bank should be fine, you do so at your own risk.

Ultra Difficulty Changes
    Photonic Sun and Prismatic Moon completely overhaul the game's difficulty, giving new tools to both the player and their opponents:
    • Unlike the base games, average trainers will commonly have more than one Pokémon!
    • Rising Stars, Ace Trainers and Veterans will be a cut above the rest and should be expected to put up a bit of a fight.
    • Important characters will eventually (not immediately!) be packing full teams of six, complete with held items, beneficial natures, and custom EV spreads.
    • Totem Pokémon have new auras, new allies and new or improved strategies!
    • Easy, early access to Ability Capsules allows players to switch their Pokémon's abilities at will.
    • Modified in-game trades provide useful items and stronger Pokémon, right when you need them.
    • Pokémon can be EV trained with zero grinding! EV reduction berries are available cheaply at the Thrifty Megamart; using them to remove unwanted EVs occasionally will eventually get you the stats you want.
    • All TMs are available before defeating the Elite Four! The post-game TMs are very expensive, but they can be purchased in Tapu Village if you want access to them earlier.

Catch'em All
    Even though there are now over 800 Pokémon, they have all been carefully placed throughout Alola to ensure that each of them is found somewhere that makes sense. And, much like the base games, Photonic Sun and Prismatic Moon offer players a few unusual team building options, including very early Ice-Types and access to low level Mythical Pokémon via USUM's Island Scan feature - they're a little broken, but very fun to use! Additionally, all Legendary Pokémon that were previously version exclusive can now be found in the Ultra Wormhole in both versions of the game (except the Cosmog line; Cosmoem will evolve into the opposite version's cover Legendary instead).

Ultra Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Download and Installation
    Your preferred version of the hack can be downloaded from Google Drive by clicking here, then right-clicking the folder you want and selecting download. The files are set up for immediate, easy install using luma 3DS' game patching feature, and an installation guide is included in the download if you need it. Note that the hacks require the title update for Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon to be installed in order to work properly.
    If you don't have custom firmware on your 3DS, you can follow this guide to set it up. Alternatively, the games can be played on PC and Android via Citra (a 3DS emulator). A full set up guide is available for all three platforms in the hack's download link above. You can also find the changelog there if you'd like to see what was in the latest update.

A few things worth mentioning:
    • I can't do anything about the endless cutscenes just yet; any attempt to change them causes the game to crash.
    • For the same reason, I can't give players an earlier Mega Ring. If you want to use a save editor to give yourself one anyway (I fully encourage this, but it's not mandatory), the best time to do so would be immediately after defeating Guzma in Malie Garden.
    • You MUST install the 1.2 update from the Nintendo eshop (also known as the title update). If you don't have this installed, the marts will freeze when you talk to the clerk.

Documentation
    Documentation including wild Pokémon locations, item locations and almost everything else can be found here.

FAQ
    (See here for common problems)
    Q: The marts are freezing, what should I do?
    A: Make sure you have the 1.2 title update for Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon installed, as the marts will freeze without it. The install guides explain how to do this for Citra or a 3DS. If you've definitely got the update installed and it's still freezing, please post in the thread and I'll try to help you find the cause.

Q: Where do I find [insert Pokémon here]?
    A: Please check the "Wild Pokemon Locations" and "Special Encounters" documents! If you can't find a Pokémon, try searching for its evolved form.

Q: How can I get hidden abilities?
    A: You can get Pokémonwith their hidden ability by SOS chaining, same as the vanilla games. If you want to switch from a regular ability to a hidden ability, you'll have to use a save editor. I recommend PKHeX; just be sure to rename its .exe file to "PKHax.exe" if you're using it with the rebalanced version, it won't allow you to set the new abilities otherwise.

Q: Is there a way to change a Pokémon's nature?
    A: There's no way to do this in game, as Nature Mints don't exist until Gen 8 and this is not a trivial thing to add to a 3DS hack. However, you can use PKHeX to edit your save - just make sure you rename it to "PKHaX" to enable illegal mode if you're playing the rebalanced version.

Credits
    I'd like to thank the following people for contributing the hacks in some way:
    • Kaphotics, SciresM and contributors to pk3DS: For creating pk3DS, which was used to edit almost everything in the games. Still the most important tool in making a 3DS Pokémon hack!
    • Maël Hörz: For HxD, which was used to do the few things pk3DS couldn't (though it can do most of them now anyway).
    • Mucrush: For the Sun and Moon font used in the title image and some documents.
    • Kaphotics, walnut3072 and contributors to this thread: For doing all the actual work involved in editing the Battle Tree ban lists.
    • Everyone who gave me feedback on Eternal X and Wilting Y: I learned a lot from all of you, and I hope that will be reflected in these hacks.

Finally, any and all feedback is welcome (especially bug reports!), as are any questions related to the hack. Thanks for reading!

S'il vous plaît il y a un bug au parc volcanique en voulant aller au lieu de l'epreuve

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2022
    At least use google translate bruv ... last time I checked this was an English forum

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2022
    For pokemon that have edited base stats, if I use pkhex to generate a mon, would it have the edited stats, or original?

If original, does it change when it levels up/evolve if the evolved form also have edited stats?

Back