• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Good news: I got behaviour byte activated diagonal movement under an angle of 26.565 degrees done! (a.k.a. Politically Correct Stairs)

I'm leaving for holiday though, so I will only be able to port it over to the PRPB ROM when I get back. But expect diagonal walking soon after.

EDIT: I found some time. GoGo will show y'all a video today starring horizontal stairs, vertical stairs and jump-running down ledges.

Last edited:

Jaypz

Cool Trainer
    Years
    Good news: I got behaviour byte activated diagonal movement under an angle of 26.565 degrees done! (a.k.a. Politically Correct Stairs)

I'm leaving for holiday though, so I will only be able to port it over to the PRPB ROM when I get back. But expect diagonal walking soon after.

EDIT: I found some time. GoGo will show y'all a video today starring horizontal stairs, vertical stairs and jump-running down ledges.

hoho more progress
    lemme check that video very soon

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
    MAJOR UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmpWvqIr1JI

Credits to daniilS for the asm.
    You know how in gen 3, you walk on stairs and you're just moving right without going up? Well here you go up and right. Also, in gen 4 when you run off ledges, you actually RUN off ledges. Here's a little preview of both pieces of asm on an extremely old version of Platinum Red.
    Also it works on vertical stairs where you slow down a bit.

Last edited:
    Years
    Amazing job from DaniilS :)
    But GoGo, please give us diagonal walking ASAP ;(
    Also, only now do I realize that the Running sprite looks rather off.
    I bet it's because Platinum uses 1 or 2 more frames for walking than 3rd gen games. It's most definetly not a big concern, but it would be really neat if you could find a way around it

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    I bet it's because Platinum uses 1 or 2 more frames for walking than 3rd gen games. It's most definetly not a big concern, but it would be really neat if you could find a way around it

I'll give you diagonal walking after I return from holiday, like I said.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years

Also, Platinum uses the same amount of frames. The thing is gen 3 has a faster run movement, so Lucas looks like a psycho. We're working on slowing him down.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    will this hack also include all gen 4 abilities? they werent listed in the starting post.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    no.

Please stop asking about releases. The hack will be out when it's ready, and you will probably notice by all the hype that will occur.
    ANDISIL WEHN DAIGONAL WALKING GONA HAPPEN???? Jk :P
    But seriously, what Holiday is occurring? When does it end?

Years
    Hello! Have accompany the hack a while, I registered at the forum because it actually lol
    so I decided to come here and say that the hack actually looks like it will be one of the best if not the best (I'm guessing will be the best ... lol) but I wanted to give some ideas for you!

First, since you already did so, and changed both the rom, which shall not give to let the sprites animated battles? Yes I know that Pokémon FireRed not have animated sprites, but you have already done so, I dunno also gave thought to do that, I do not know much development hacks then just an idea, if not all goes well!
    Second, I saw that the option of reusable TM walking diagonally, gaining experience while capturing Pokemon are only in Platinum Blue (Spoiler "Freatures" in the first post) I think these additions should be made in Platinum Red also, I know Platinum is a complete Red Demake but I think it would be to put it too, but it's just a suggestion!

The Hack'll be fine either way with or without these my ideas!

A GoGoJJTech and congratulations to all the staff of this lovely Hack!

PS: sorry for my bad english, I use google translator.

Jaypz

Cool Trainer
    Years
    Hello! Have accompany the hack a while, I registered at the forum because it actually lol
    so I decided to come here and say that the hack actually looks like it will be one of the best if not the best (I'm guessing will be the best ... lol) but I wanted to give some ideas for you!

First, since you already did so, and changed both the rom, which shall not give to let the sprites animated battles? Yes I know that Pokémon FireRed not have animated sprites, but you have already done so, I dunno also gave thought to do that, I do not know much development hacks then just an idea, if not all goes well!
    Second, I saw that the option of reusable TM walking diagonally, gaining experience while capturing Pokemon are only in Platinum Blue (Spoiler "Freatures" in the first post) I think these additions should be made in Platinum Red also, I know Platinum is a complete Red Demake but I think it would be to put it too, but it's just a suggestion!

The Hack'll be fine either way with or without these my ideas!

A GoGoJJTech and congratulations to all the staff of this lovely Hack!

PS: sorry for my bad english, I use google translator.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=223078

I think this might be handy for animating pokemon in firered

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back