• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
  • Hey gogo, would you add some DIY tiles in pt blue? We all love the graphics of light platinum with its original tiles. And since pt bl is your own re-creation with maybe a new region, so...?

I mean I don't think some custom tiles would be good on an existing region. it'd be good for stuff like PWT or new routes, but not the region itself.

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Now I apologize (I may not be a newb here, but I am a hacking noob.) if any of my questions seem to be dumb or annoying to answer but...

1. This game is based on Pokemon Firered (Meaning it is a GBA game and can apparently, at max, hold 8MB. Or is it 32MB? I've been told both so far. And Fire red seems to be 5.something MB.), and with trimming and deleting some of the useless pieces of the game. (IE the previous quest thing, the help system, etc) I can see adding a few more things, but how did you fit so much more things? (Like the time, the pokemon, and forms.)

2. Evolutionary methods. Will they be incorporated as well? (Such as the moss rock for leafeon.)

3. Just how will the Pokegear work? Will we be able to chain to catch shinies?

That's it for now, can't wait for the game to come out, what will the beta 1 include?

Sincerely,

Green

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Now I apologize (I may not be a newb here, but I am a hacking noob.) if any of my questions seem to be dumb or annoying to answer but...

1. This game is based on Pokemon Firered (Meaning it is a GBA game and can apparently, at max, hold 8MB. Or is it 32MB? I've been told both so far. And Fire red seems to be 5.something MB.), and with trimming and deleting some of the useless pieces of the game. (IE the previous quest thing, the help system, etc) I can see adding a few more things, but how did you fit so much more things? (Like the time, the pokemon, and forms.)

2. Evolutionary methods. Will they be incorporated as well? (Such as the moss rock for leafeon.)

3. Just how will the Pokegear work? Will we be able to chain to catch shinies?

That's it for now, can't wait for the game to come out, what will the beta 1 include?

Sincerely,

Green

1: the max is 32MB. the ROM can hold up to memory address 09FFFFFF.

2: they already are incorporated

3: you mean pokeradar? lol yeah you will be able to

beta 1 will contain the story up to the windworks, right after beating mars. the poketch will also be included, which is what I'm dong now :D

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • really o.O i thought it'd be the poketch.. why the berry system? i dont know much about them

Because you have to get them to appear and disappear and grow at different rates according to berry, etc. Also OW spawning.. lol
    poketch is just C, no biggy

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    Random question will there be wild double battles when you have a follower like platinum. And could random wild double battles be possible in Platinum Blue since it isn't a complete demake? Cause that would be cool.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Random question will there be wild double battles when you have a follower like platinum. And could random wild double battles be possible in Platinum Blue since it isn't a complete demake? Cause that would be cool.

well that's if I can get the follow me working (which is reaaaally unlikely in the soon category lol)

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Thank you very much for responding quickly. I never knew that. Now to imagine what would be possible if a hack was made to the very brim. *Imagines Nirvana*

Anyways, atm, what is the current game size?

And finally, what is the most tedious part of this game designing (After implementing the various designs and items.) And do you have an ETA for league finishing? (Not to include after game things, just finishing the league.)

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Thank you very much for responding quickly. I never knew that. Now to imagine what would be possible if a hack was made to the very brim. *Imagines Nirvana*

Anyways, atm, what is the current game size?

And finally, what is the most tedious part of this game designing (After implementing the various designs and items.) And do you have an ETA for league finishing? (Not to include after game things, just finishing the league.)

the current game size is 17 MB. The most tedious thing was expanding pokemon amount and adding in stats and evo methods and sprites and the sort. ETA? I don't understand lol
    Anyway join me in the chat (link in my sig)

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
  • the current game size is 17 MB. The most tedious thing was expanding pokemon amount and adding in stats and evo methods and sprites and the sort. ETA? I don't understand lol
    Anyway join me in the chat (link in my sig)

ETA means Estimated Time of Arrival.. btw.. ~Andrea(Giratina's Legend Creator) is making a routine for random wild double battles for Ruby.. (Making cus' she's still fixing some bugs) and maybe you could port it to FR -for PL Blue I mean- since you're gonna make Pl Red First, I just thought you should know :D..

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • ETA means Estimated Time of Arrival.. btw.. ~Andrea(Giratina's Legend Creator) is making a routine for random wild double battles for Ruby.. (Making cus' she's still fixing some bugs) and maybe you could port it to FR -for PL Blue I mean- since you're gonna make Pl Red First, I just thought you should know :D..

ew I'd NEVER port anything from ruby. ever
    Plus you seem to forget everything is already planned out? i have asm for EVERYTHING ok? get it right :D

But on Pokemon Platinum is normaly an system of Double Battles. Like in Eterna Forest. When you go with someone you allways have Double Battles.

Yeah, but until the follow me is in I can't have this. It just won't work.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
  • ew I'd NEVER port anything from ruby. ever
    Plus you seem to forget everything is already planned out? i have asm for EVERYTHING ok? get it right :D

yah yah yah.. ruby is broken bla bla bla.. hahahaha.. okay okay.. You already have made an ASM for everything or are you just still planning? anyways... if you still haven't why not just check it out first? nvm hahahaha... I'm still doing something..

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • yah yah yah.. ruby is broken bla bla bla.. hahahaha.. okay okay.. You already have made an ASM for everything or are you just still planning? anyways... if you still haven't why not just check it out first? nvm hahahaha... I'm still doing something..

Actually not made by me really
    Anyway it's all planned already, it's a matter of inserting everything

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2023
    Dude, I have been following this post for a long time. You are doing an amazing job porting Pokemon Platinum to GBA.
    Eagerly awaiting this release. I hope you are done with this Hack soon :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back