• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2014
    Are you going to change all pokemons move learnset to their 4th gen learnset? Like typhlosion learns flamethrower in level 60 in 3rd gen and 42 in 4th gen.And dragonite can learn dragon dance only by breeding in gen 3 in gen 4 it's learn dragon dance naturally. are you going to change them or same move learnset they have in gen 3 games?

Years
  • Regarding the Town Map (and the Poketch map app), some areas are not registered in the map at first (such as Newmoon Island, Fullmoon Island, etc.). They only appear after you have first gone to that place. Are you going to implement this, or are you just going to put the full map in?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Are you going to change all pokemons move learnset to their 4th gen learnset? Like typhlosion learns flamethrower in level 60 in 3rd gen and 42 in 4th gen.And dragonite can learn dragon dance only by breeding in gen 3 in gen 4 it's learn dragon dance naturally. are you going to change them or same move learnset they have in gen 3 games?

I'm changing them. Why wouldn't I? Oh, right. Most hacks don't change anything anymore, whoops ^_^

Regarding the Town Map (and the Poketch map app), some areas are not registered in the map at first (such as Newmoon Island, Fullmoon Island, etc.). They only appear after you have first gone to that place. Are you going to implement this, or are you just going to put the full map in?

Of course I will because why wouldn't I? Lol
    It's literally just a flag set/check. There's no need for laziness at all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2020
    hello gogoJJ, nice hack :D it sounds great, in which part of the game are u doing?
    I have some many questions..
    - How will you spread all 493 pokemons through the sinnoh region?
    - Will this game have more than 1 region? like hoenn or unova.. that would be great if you could
    - if you do put all 493 pokemons, will you give them mega-evolutions?
    - how hard will this game be?

I dont expect you to answer all of them if you dont have the questions
    Well, good luck with the game :D

CosmicBlazer

Batman
    Years
  • hello gogoJJ, nice hack :D it sounds great, in which part of the game are u doing?
    I have some many questions..
    - How will you spread all 493 pokemons through the sinnoh region?
    - Will this game have more than 1 region? like hoenn or unova.. that would be great if you could
    - if you do put all 493 pokemons, will you give them mega-evolutions?
    - how hard will this game be?

I dont expect you to answer all of them if you dont have the questions
    Well, good luck with the game :D

1. It's a remake of Platinum on the GBA. Spreading the Pokemon shouldn't be a problem sine he will just copy it from Platinum.
    2. No it's a copy of Platinum. Just the Sinnoh region.
    3. Mega Evolutions were not in Platinum at the time.
    4. The game level for Platinum Red will be the same while Platinum Blue will be harder and have some extra features to it.

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
    Years
  • But GoGo... This can not been 100% remake of DPPT. By one point. WiFi options. Since GBA can use only Wireless Adapter. But not Wifi functions.
    Im sorry mate, but i gotta point something out here. When someone goes for a 100% remake, they dont literally mean a 1:1 copy, nor exact accuracy of features. This is a GBA hack, not a ds hack. so it is supposed to be understood that certain features wont be included that are not fesably possible on the GBA hardware. Emulators simply do not work that way, nor can games. In theory, if it cannot be run on a gba, it wont run. From what i undeerstand about the DNS hack, is that the reason it works is it checks a special funtion in vba because it emulates the gba bios, which means you can use custom instructions for things like time and date, but not much else.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Hey Gogo, would it clear up confusion if the game was stated to be a 99.9998% demake of Platinum? :p

Last edited:

Jaypz

Cool Trainer
    Years
  • since this is a firered hack so there's no pokemon intro animations right? just like emerald has when you or your opponent call their pokemon out for a battle

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Hey Gogo, would it clear up confusion if the game was stated to be a 99.9998% demake of Platinum? :p

No it wouldn't. It's actually a 1:1, but it's supposed to be understood that impossible stuff... IS IMPOSSIBLE
    so bottom screen will not happen if you haven't noticed yet
    wifi WILL not happen if you haven't noticed yet
    I don't understand how someone can think that it will happen when it won't.

since this is a firered hack so there's no pokemon intro animations right? just like emerald has when you or your opponent call their pokemon out for a battle

For now, no, but eventually we may have them in if someone does second frames for chaos rush's 64x64 resource.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • No it wouldn't. It's actually a 1:1, but it's supposed to be understood that impossible stuff... IS IMPOSSIBLE
    so bottom screen will not happen if you haven't noticed yet
    wifi WILL not happen if you haven't noticed yet
    I don't understand how someone can think that it will happen when it won't.

I kinda figured that out already since I've played both GBA and DS games and I know the limitations of the GBA. Still rooting for this though :-D

Years
  • Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!
    What about start menu ?
    Can it be done with or without animations ?

josevx:)

The Pokemon Master????
    Years
  • I love your entire idea here. It looks very good and I really like how you are able to get all the Sinnoh pokemon in GBA version. It's really cool!

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!
    What about start menu ?
    Can it be done with or without animations ?

Yeah we'll do this but maybe after Alpha 1 since there's a lot of stuff that you'd all like such as bag and this and stuff, but it'll take a while and more and more people will get tired of waiting and give up on us

*sigh*

CosmicBlazer

Batman
    Years
  • I won't give up on you XD. You guys need to realize this isn't easy. Not all DS features can be implemented into the game. NDS and GBA are completely different. GoGo has done amazing thing already with this demake and he is continuing to do so. Please be patient with the game.

Just saying this in general not pointing finger at anyone. Some people need to realize this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back