• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPika

Crytec
Years
  • Not sure, I don't have a PSP. I have a DSTWO, gameboid and VBA-M. Those 3 are confirmed to be working, so if you have these, you're ensured you can play on them.

My gosh, such progress! Its good to know, cuz I have a Gameboid as well. Good to see fast progress. Good luck! Anyway, I don't like MyBoy as much cuz of reasons like fast forward speed and stuff. Unless there is changes, that is.

Last edited:

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    My gosh, such progress! Its good to know, cuz I have a Gameboid as well. Good to see fast progress. Good luck! Anyway, I don't like MyBoy as much cuz of reasons like fast forward speed and stuff. Unless there is changes, that is.

lol, one of the reasons I use MyBoy is the customisable fast forward speed

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • Yeah,. Thank you for good news. I think that your hack is playable on DSTWO. But you use TEMPGBA or GBADS? In DSTWO are two GBA Emulators. I personaly use TEMPGBA <For me is better> Also I ask that it work for Playstation 2 emulator known as GBA-KAI?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Yeah,. Thank you for good news. I think that your hack is playable on DSTWO. But you use TEMPGBA or GBADS? In DSTWO are two GBA Emulators. I personaly use TEMPGBA <For me is better> Also I ask that it work for Playstation 2 emulator known as GBA-KAI?

Not sure, I don't have a PSP. I have a DSTWO, gameboid and VBA-M. Those 3 are confirmed to be working, so if you have these, you're ensured you can play on them.

I do use TEMPGBA though, not the other one.

SirCharmander

SirCharmander
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    Any news?
    (Also If you need an Apple device to test on id more than welcome to help)

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Any news?
    (Also If you need an Apple device to test on id more than welcome to help)

New abilities have been added. A few aren't in yet, those being:
    • Steadfast
    • Gluttony
    • Anger Point
    • Unburden
    • Simple
    • Normalize
    • Stall
    • Leaf Guard
    • Klutz
    • Mold Breaker
    • Anticipation
    • Forewarn
    • Unaware
    • Slow Start
    • Storm Drain
    • Honey Gather
    • Frisk
      Multitype
    • Flower Gift
    • Bad Dreams

Multitype is on the list and isn't dotted for a reason. Multitype is functioning in the game as shown off by a few videos and other things. It however doesn't have a description. So that's a little thing for me to remember. New moves are being added in though.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2018
    I'd like it More if it had Fire-red Style OW Sprites, But Thats me just being picky. (I'll Probaly hack it In there myself-Personal prefrence.) Can't wait for a Download Link! :) Hope development of Platinum Red & Blue goes Complete! Can't wait for a Finished Game! Good Luck.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I'd like it More if it had Fire-red Style OW Sprites, But Thats me just being picky. (I'll Probaly hack it In there myself-Personal prefrence.) Can't wait for a Download Link! :) Hope development of Platinum Red & Blue goes Complete! Can't wait for a Finished Game! Good Luck.

Well the point would be to have Platinum everything, and that means OWs too :D

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • I'd like it More if it had Fire-red Style OW Sprites, But Thats me just being picky. (I'll Probaly hack it In there myself-Personal prefrence.) Can't wait for a Download Link! :) Hope development of Platinum Red & Blue goes Complete! Can't wait for a Finished Game! Good Luck.

Gen 4 OWs > Gen 3 OWs

Well that's just my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2014
    I like how this hack is looking. May I ask a question? How does the music sound? I know for a fact that the GBA Pokemon games can only play three or four notes at a time, while DPPt plays more in a few songs, like the Champion Theme. Did you get as close as possible, or did you somehow get around that restriction?

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2021
    I like how this hack is looking. May I ask a question? How does the music sound? I know for a fact that the GBA Pokemon games can only play three or four notes at a time, while DPPt plays more in a few songs, like the Champion Theme. Did you get as close as possible, or did you somehow get around that restriction?

The default limitation was broken, and all songs have been ported. They sound very very close to the originals, as can be heard in some of the videos. The instruments from Platinum are used aswell

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2014
    The default limitation was broken, and all songs have been ported. They sound very very close to the originals, as can be heard in some of the videos. The instruments from Platinum are used aswell

Alright, I thank you for the information. I just didn't know it was possible to break the instrument limit.

Anyway, I must say I quite look forward to whatever else is in store for this hack.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Alright, I thank you for the information. I just didn't know it was possible to break the instrument limit.

Anyway, I must say I quite look forward to whatever else is in store for this hack.

The music isn't close to the DS music, it's exactly like it. Not joking, play a few videos. Once we get the custom music mixer it'll be better quality. Almost everything is 100% the same, sounds, looks, functionality, most of the features. If there can be something closer to the original, I'd like to hear it so it can improve and the hacks get better :D

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Any more news to to get excited about ? lol

Nothing much other than abilities and moves. Almost done, afaik.
    After that, we're about done, just gotta finish some stuff up, possibly alter the poketch a bit since it's a complete and utter mess. If I don't fix that up, you'll have a semi-working poketch. (It only does the time correctly as of now)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back