• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    Those maps look astonishing! Some pallettes are wrong (of the ground, mart and center, i guess you are going to change this?), but other than that it looks like in the original!

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Those maps look astonishing! Some pallettes are wrong (of the ground, mart and center, i guess you are going to change this?), but other than that it looks like in the original!

Everything is based off of 16 color slots. If there's something more than 16 colors, it gets changed up like so. I've done my best to keep them looking as original as possible, but you can only do so much.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    ah ok. well if i wouldnt have compared it directly to a picture of orebrough city in platinum i probably wouldnt have noticed it. while the ground and mart still look great with those palettes, the bottom of the center looks a bit too similar to the ground imo, but that would be my only minor nitpick and i know how difficult it is too fit everything into 12x16 color, therefor your doing a superb job!

I just wonder, what is left to be mapped till the beta?

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Finished Floaroma cuz nobody likes mapping with 3d tiles anyway

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • If it will be bugged as liquid crystal... i dont even want to say how a big letdown this will be

The only bugs as of far are listed in the bugs section of the first post. Also, some buildings (PC,Mart,Signs) Can be seen loading when you walk near them, but there's almost nothing I can do about that really.

Years
  • OMAGOSH I FINALLY FINISHED IT FINALLY
    lol
    I had no pals left, so I did the "cheaty" way of getting extra pal slots. Anyway, I'll show Oreburgh's current progress as well.

The update is really awesome. You are an awesome person. Relly can't wait to have this precious game in my hand....

GoGoJJTech

Years

INSTANT GTS
    Excuse the unfinished tiles, I'm just not done yet.
    Jubilife will look the most awkward since the shadows are missing, I'm gonna tell you that in advance. But you don't see GTS's in other hacks do ya?

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years

INSTANT GTS
    Excuse the unfinished tiles, I'm just not done yet.
    Jubilife will look the most awkward since the shadows are missing, I'm gonna tell you that in advance. But you don't see GTS's in other hacks do ya?

It's stunning!!!!! if you need more tile space in your sets, i have a method that divides buildings into a line of 8x8 tiles hence making it easier to insert to the tileset.

Last edited:
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    yay gogo the photos are awsome and i am new to this hacking thing .but best of luck gogo and hope u finish this hack

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • It's stunning!!!!! if you need more tile space in your sets, i have a method that divides buildings into a line of 8x8 tiles hence making it easier to insert to the tileset.

The way I do it is I get Platinum stuff rendered in 2d, then rip them to 16 colors and have them made into a tileset. That way entire buildings can be like 48x48 in size and I can save tileset space. I also have ways of saving palettes so I could use more than 13 on a map at once.

It's absolutely amazin' GoGo....!!
    I just wish that I can play this before Christmas xD

Hopefully man

yay gogo the photos are awsome and i am new to this hacking thing .but best of luck gogo and hope u finish this hack

Thanks for the support :D

GoGo I am sorry I haven't posted anything in a LONG while but I still keep an eye on it and it's miles ahead from what i remember at the beginning.

Something I wanted to ask is about the door animations and sounds.Will they be implemented?

As of right now, doors aren't edited at all. However, once we get bigger doors working, they will. Not sure if we're gonna do that for the alpha cuz eh, it's just an alpha and we don't want to waste so much time. But yeah, eventually it'll happen.

Ive never played d/p/p so I have no idea how far development is lol

3 more outdoors left and the rest is indoors. Indoors take like 20% of the time to do as outdoors since they're so simple and small, so that'll be quick if I have time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back