• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    is the long awaited 3.0.0 version almost done then based on that? Not to sound impatient

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2024
    So, I've been playing a 3.0 patch for a while now, and it's absolutely terrific, but I have an issue with saving not working properly, causing me to lose progress rather often.
    Other thing I noticed is that gameplay color crashes in these instances and switching to other games becomes impossible.
    Pokemon prism works well on gameplay color, so I think the issue is with polished crystal, but I posted the issue on gameplay color's github as well.
    Thank you in advance!
    (edit: I just noticed that Prism also loses saves, so it's probably just with gameplay color the issue is)
    (2nd edit: No more crashing after I removed Kalos crystal from my drive. Saves still lost (even if I can save the game and load it immediately after it can still disappear later and return me to an earlier save, I would actually like to have that explained to me!). I'm gonna reinstall the app. if that works I'll update it here too.)
    (3rd edit: Well, just reinstalling the app seems to have resolved the issue, and the game runs smoother on top of that.)

Last edited:

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    So, I've been playing a 3.0 patch for a while now, and it's absolutely terrific, but I have an issue with saving not working properly, causing me to lose progress rather often.
    Other thing I noticed is that gameplay color crashes in these instances and switching to other games becomes impossible.
    Pokemon prism works well on gameplay color, so I think the issue is with polished crystal, but I posted the issue on gameplay color's github as well.
    Thank you in advance!

Could you link to the GitHub issue in question? I'd like to see what is causing the crash. While it doesn't happen on more accurate emulators, maybe the code is doing something weird that I can address to avoid it.

I implemented this a few days ago, a Battle Factory. It can be seen in Vermilion in the latest few versions.
    Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2023
    Loving this game a ton!

I'm here to report a bug. When checking the potential value for Venusaur the game freezes. The Venusaur is wonder traded and has the 2nd ability.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Hmm, I have noticed all apricorn trees are not growing apricorns, and I dont even get the option to apply mulch. Also several locations dont have wild spawns. Violet Outskirts and the swamp most notably lack any wild pokemon.

Also the museum has no NPCs and I cant revive fossils as such. Is that intentional?

Final thing of note; are the violet outskirts' two houses future features not yet implimented? As I try to enter both and I bounce off the door. I cant even read the sign near the graveyard hut either.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    y'all are better off getting a github account and filing an issue at the romhack's github tbh

I tried using github before but I always had trouble posting support tickets of any sort for anything be it roms, pokemon essentials games, or even minecraft mods. Would be nice to have a discord if anything.

Years
    • Seen today
    I tried using github before but I always had trouble posting support tickets of any sort for anything be it roms, pokemon essentials games, or even minecraft mods. Would be nice to have a discord if anything.

The discord is linked in the main post, so I don't see the problem.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2021
    What's the justification for making politoed grass/water? I get how blastoise has metal cannons, charizard is a dragon, noctowl is spooky, typhlosion can dig etc.
    But what about politoed? Did you really just add grass type on to it because it's green?

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen today
    idk if im pulling a stupid or what but was the location of the fly HM moved in this hack compared to vanilla cuz chuck's wife didnt give it to me after beating him like she does in vanilla

itsdarsh

Contender
    Years
  • What's the justification for making politoed grass/water? I get how blastoise has metal cannons, charizard is a dragon, noctowl is spooky, typhlosion can dig etc.
    But what about politoed? Did you really just add grass type on to it because it's green?

Yeah pretty much :)

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    What's the justification for making politoed grass/water? I get how blastoise has metal cannons, charizard is a dragon, noctowl is spooky, typhlosion can dig etc.

It's a green tree frog, whose counterpart Poliwrath got to have a dual-type. Plus with Jumpluff (among others) removed to make room for Porygon-Z, Togekiss, Mismagius, Honchkrow, etc, the game could use another good Grass type. (Although FIQ and darsh are working on expanding the forme system to vary names, dex entries, and cries, which will allow 510 unique Pokémon.)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2021
    It's a green tree frog, whose counterpart Poliwrath got to have a dual-type. Plus with Jumpluff (among others) removed to make room for Porygon-Z, Togekiss, Mismagius, Honchkrow, etc, the game could use another good Grass type. (Although FIQ and darsh are working on expanding the forme system to vary names, dex entries, and cries, which will allow 510 unique Pokémon.)

I can get behind the change now, I was just a little salty after naively trying to thunderbolt one in the battle tower. The only flaw left in this otherwise perfect romhack now is the stupidly powerful berserk gene. Every time an enemy mon comes out holding that thing I just grimace and pray to RNJesus. God forbid it's on a pokemon immune to confusion.

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I can get behind the change now, I was just a little salty after naively trying to thunderbolt one in the battle tower. The only flaw left in this otherwise perfect romhack now is the stupidly powerful berserk gene. Every time an enemy mon comes out holding that thing I just grimace and pray to RNJesus. God forbid it's on a pokemon immune to confusion.

Tangled Feet+Berserk Gene is arguably even stronger. Confusion is only 33% to hit oneself, inherited from 7gen, and Tangled Feet halves accuracy of opponent moves while confused. So your own moves have a 50% of hitting while the opponent has +2 Attack.

itsdarsh

Contender
    Years
  • Considering Pokecrystal16 is a thing, is this really necessary?

It is. Pokecrystal16 uses vanilla code and a vanilla mon structure, which is all modified in Polished. It's more due to the two projects being developed in parallel than anything else. That said, if we expand items, we may just port what pokecrystal16 did there.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2021
    I dont know any way to search the thread so gonna just ask here:
    Where is Valerie? i checked the github for her team levels so im guessing hes somewhere after Pryce but havent been able to locate.

Back