• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
  • 1.2.0 might be out in a month or so, maybe less time if I decide "enough is enough". You can see what will be new in it so far here. Keep in mind that old saves won't work.

Cool! Looking forward to it then.. I hope you add all the HG/SS events

Thanks, that's fixed now.
    No Problem I found more but I couldn't remember them because they're so minor..

Hm, he progresses at the same rate as the Gym Leaders and other boss trainers. Anyway, I adjusted his levels along with the rest of the battles after Chuck to try and make a more balanced level curve. Can you tell me what levels your own team was at different points in the game?
    My team was already 10 Levels above the current trainers had and I have 5 pokemon.. I think the additional trainers you added made me gain more exp. I wasn't even trying to grind in the wild grass but I don't run away from wild battles. Also regarding Silver, I think better movesets would suffice. Upping the levels of his mons would only inflate the levels of the teams created by trainers more.

You can also get them from phone calls like in vanilla Crystal if you really need to. I see it as a choice you have to make early on—do I want Vileplume or Victreebel?, Poliwrath or Vaporeon or Starmie?—and once you reach Celadon City you can buy them all.
    I kinda wanted a team of only one type like having a water only type of team which greatly improves replayability of a game but I see your point.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    Beat the Elite 4 with Typhlosion, Gliscor, Slyveon, Glaceon, Mismagious and Honchkrow. I wanted to beat them with all the next gen pokemon and starter. Overall this is infact my favorite pokemon hack ever. Its all the greatness of Crystal with all the best stuff of the next gen stuff. Now a few suggestions for the next update

1. Make all Gyms use 6 pokemon including the first 3. Give Falkner Murkrow, Doduo and Natu. Ect
    2. Replace the Defensive Curl TM with something else. Why is this even a TM? replace with a night slash since the best physical dark move tm for w.e is just theif.
    3. Add Hail. Gives Ice some extra love
    4.Make sure to bring back Wobbufett. I miss him so much lol.
    5. Replace Bruno with a new Elite 4 member and make him those ex-elite members you fight outside. Suggest a fairy elite 4 member to show off the new type in this hack. The Fairy members pokemon can be Clefable, Wigglytuff, Azumaril, Mr.Mime, Slyveon and Togekiss
    6......thats all I can think of xD. Best hack ever!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    1. I tried this at first, but it makes it hard to balance levels. You probably don't have six Pokémon that early, so either the Leader's have to be underleveled or you have to be overleveled. Ideally I want a Nuzlocke run to be challenging but possible.
    2. Night Slash was never a TM or a tutor move, so everyone who can learn it already does.
    3. Hail would make a good replacement for Defense Curl, but coding a whole new weather effect takes time. I might add this later.
    4. It'll be in 1.2.0. :)
    5. This is supposed to be Crystal version with updated mechanics and additional content, so I don't want to change the existing characters. However, there is going to be a Fairy-type side boss. Also, I have long-term ideas for a hack set 5 years after GSC—possibly collaborating with Mateo—and Bruno would be out.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2021
    Is there a master list of the new evolution methods/movesets and so on?

Last edited:
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    The FAQ links to this evolution list. In 1.1.2 Yanma, Piloswine, and Tangela evolve by level, but now they evolve by knowing AncientPower.

The only non-canon evolutions are Sylveon—via Shiny Stone—and the four RBY trade evolutions—which need sufficient stat exp. (Example: Machoke needs as much Attack stat exp as five Protein will give it to evolve into Machamp.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2021
    Awesome, thanks.

Now excuse me while I go theif spam magnemites for another hour since the wild steelix already forgot rock throw ; ;

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Somewhat good news about farming for Metal Coats: the next version will move it to the Goldenrod Dept. Store basement instead of post–Elite 4 S.S. Aqua.

Edit: And here's a preview of the new Route 45, including the canyon river from HG/SS.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2022
    Somewhat good news about farming for Metal Coats: the next version will move it to the Goldenrod Dept. Store basement instead of post–Elite 4 S.S. Aqua.

Edit: And here's a preview of the new Route 45, including the canyon river from HG/SS.

it looks amazing!
    when the new version will be out?

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2021
    Cry. Phone died and I lost my save at the E4.

For next time, is the change to trade evolutions being based off of EVs live?

Last edited:
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Yes, the next version (2.0.0 or 1.2.0) will evolve Machoke by Attack EV/5 Protein, Graveler by Defense EV/5 Iron, Haunter by Speed EV/5 Carbos, and Kadabra by Special EV/5 Calcium.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    Ive officially seen every Non Legendary Pokemon and caught over 200 pokemon. This hack has taken over my life

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2021
    Yes, the next version (2.0.0 or 1.2.0) will evolve Machoke by Attack EV/5 Protein, Graveler by Defense EV/5 Iron, Haunter by Speed EV/5 Carbos, and Kadabra by Special EV/5 Calcium.

But the current version is still just level up?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Yes.

Here's a preview of what I'm working on:

gbdcGJq.png

TsCL0HR.png

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2022
    Is there a certain level that Yanma evolves while knowing Ancient Power? I've leveled it up twice since learning the move and still no evolution.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Hey Rangi if you can reply i have been loving this rom hack ever since i started and i nuzlocked and so far i made it to saffron city and realized that the Mr.Psychic guy does no longer give you a tm and grants you a chance to teach zen headbutt but i do not know where to find this silver leaf item is it like on a pokemon just like belllsprout

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Is there a certain level that Yanma evolves while knowing Ancient Power? I've leveled it up twice since learning the move and still no evolution.

In 1.1.2, Yanma just evolves at level 37. In the next version, it will evolve at any level while knowing AncientPower.

i do not know where to find this silver leaf item is it like on a pokemon just like belllsprout

Yes, on Oddish. There are also a couple of them as hidden items in Ilex Forest; the Headbutt tutor mentions them. It's one Leaf per tutoring. The Gold Leaves on Bellsprout are for the Move Reminder in Blackthorn City. (I chose to use Leaves as a GSC alternative to colored Shards.)

Back