• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Prism

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024

hello

Current build: 0.95.0254
24 August 2023 (changelog)
⬇️ Download
📗 How to Play
📰 Latest News
hello
Developed by
hello
PokéCommunity Hack of the Year 2007

Pokémon Prism is a Pokémon Crystal hack which throws you into a huge and sprawling adventure in a vast, unknown and hostile region. Can you fight your way to the Pokémon League to confront your father?

TrainerCustomiser-copy.gif

Trainer Customization
Select from a wide range of styles and colours!

NewPokemon.gif

New Pokémon
Catch up to 251 monsters from across the generations.

bgb00088.png

Play as your Pokémon
Directly control your team members!

WorldMapScroller.gif

Explore new regions
Discover up to 6 regions, both new and old.

bgb00097.png

New Trainers and Leaders
Battle hard and earn up to 20 badges!

SoutherlyCity095Preview.gif

Unique storytelling
Take a journey to create your legacy!

In addition to these unique features, Prism also features many quality of life and modernisation improvements, such as abilities, modern EXP calculation, gaining EXP after a capture, critical captures, natures, unlimited TM usage and much, much more!

⚠️ BEFORE YOU PLAY
Pokémon Prism uses a unique patching process that is not like other hacks.
🔄 UPDATING YOUR GAME?
Pokémon Prism allows you to update your save file when you update your game.
If you are unfamiliar with either process, please click the How to Play button above or refer to the README file that comes with the game.

Screenshots

bgb00010.png
bgb00077.png
bgb00071.png
bgb00015-copy.png
bgb00021.png
bgb00048.png
bgb00028.png
bgb00059-1.png
bgb00014.png
bgb00013-2.png
bgb00053.png
bgb00040.png
bgb00063.png
bgb00016.png
bgb00094.png
bgb00078.png
bgb00086.png
bgb00093.png
bgb00079.png
bgb00066.png
bgb00051.png
bgb00060.png
bgb00087.png
bgb00083.png
bgb00058-1.png
bgb00089.png
bgb00058.png
bgb00012.png
bgb00070.png
bgb00084.png
bgb00011-copy.png
bgb00018-copy.png
bgb00054.png
bgb00055.png
bgb00074.png
bgb00116.png
bgb00073.png
bgb00007.png
bgb00050.png
bgb00085.png
bgb00067.png
bgb00082.png
bgb00069-1.png
bgb00011.png
bgb00046.png
bgb00062.png
bgb00013-1.png
bgb00090.png
bgb00101.png
bgb00111.png
bgb00095.png
bgb00069.png
bgb00072.png
bgb00174.png
bgb00168.png

Credits

Developed by RainbowDevs, a group of passionate Pokémon Game Boy developers, since 2016.

For reasons that we hope are obvious, a lot of our members prefer to remain anonymous. Individuals, however, may choose to share their work independently or may stop by to answer questions.

We'd like to thank the original developers, including its creator KoolBoyMan, for putting so much effort into making such an awesome game. We hope we can continue its legacy.

Featuring music tracks from:

...and others (please make yourselves known).

News, Socials & Updates

Feel free to follow us on all these other places to stay up to date with all of our games.

Be sure to check out our website as well, where you can find all our other games (including Pokémon Brown and the Pokémon Anniversary series), as well as blog archives stretching back all the way to 2006, so you can chart their full development!

As always, thank you so much for playing our game! ❤️​

Notice a problem? Let us know!
🪲 Report a Bug!

🔥 Ex cineribus resurgam, ferox et potens

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
FINALLY it's here again! I remember the first time I downloaded the leaked version all those years ago. I'm sure it will even get better in your capable hands :)

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Wow never expected this to make a return to the PC Fourms after what happened all those years ago, been following you RainbowDev guys since then so I'm glad to see Prism is finally making a proper comeback in public at long last.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
I'm not sure I even want to know what happened for Prism's thread to vanish from these forums :) But I'm glad to see my favorite GBC rom hack back.

I think the version I've played was 0.93. Does this new version "complete" the second region? Because the Naljo part was great when I've played, but the quality drop on Rijon was so big I dropped the game after my 10th or 11th badge.

Tendoman77

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I'm not sure I even want to know what happened for Prism's thread to vanish from these forums :) But I'm glad to see my favorite GBC rom hack back.

I think the version I've played was 0.93. Does this new version "complete" the second region? Because the Naljo part was great when I've played, but the quality drop on Rijon was so big I dropped the game after my 10th or 11th badge.

I may get some parts of the story wrong here due to lack of memory, but the original creator who I assume is no longer around had the official 1.0 release ready back in 2016 and was even a day away from releasing it to the public, but then got caught by Nintendo with a C&D and had to cancel it along with completely trashing the version of the hack itself. Someone leaked a older unfinished version of Prisim not too long after and RainbowDevs have pretty much taken over development since then.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I may get some parts of the story wrong here due to lack of memory, but the original creator who I assume is no longer around had the official 1.0 release ready back in 2016 and was even a day away from releasing it to the public, but then got caught by Nintendo with a C&D and had to cancel it along with completely trashing the version of the hack itself. Someone leaked a older unfinished version of Prisim not too long after and RainbowDevs have pretty much taken over development since then.

Prism was supposed to be released on Christmas of 2016, and despite it being in production for nine years, Nintendo waited four days before Christmas to put a C&D order out, like they were daring him to release it.

Back in the old days when Prism was using Gold as a base, it had so much potential even then. It's nice to see how far it's come.

Tendoman77

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Prism was supposed to be released on Christmas of 2016, and despite it being in production for nine years, Nintendo waited four days before Christmas to put a C&D order out, like they were daring him to release it.

Back in the old days when Prism was using Gold as a base, it had so much potential even then. It's nice to see how far it's come.

Well least I was close lol, thanks for clarifying the rest of the details.

And dang forgot that it started out as a hack of Gold, really is doing a ton better since the move over to Crystal now

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
I never thought this day would actually come... The near-full release of Pokemon Prism. This is a history-making moment!

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. It's good to be back!

We start our first update on PC with the a notice for players using Analogue Pocket.

---

We've been getting an increasing number of bug reports regarding this issue and thought it a good idea to put this message out.

Players of Pokémon Prism on Analogue Pocket have been reporting save corruption issues. We have investigated and found the problem is with the Pocket itself, as software emulators and official hardware are unaffected. This issue can cause irreversible data loss and damage up to and including the loss of all Pokémon in your PC Box. This corruption remains even if you use the game pak on another console or boot it up in an emulator.

We would therefore advise players on Analogue Pocket to back up their save files immediately or, if playing on carts that cannot be backed up, stop using the console until Analogue issues an update to fix this bug. Official, non-Japanese Pokémon games do not appear to be affected, however, this may affect other Pokémon game mods like Prism.

Analogue should be able to fix this issue with an update to the console. We'll let you guys know when or if that happens and when it is safe to play Prism on the console again. Hopefully soon.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Hi guys! We've seen a few bug reports coming from users who have purchased Pokémon Prism on a physical cartridge, and wanted to issue some advice for anyone thinking of purchasing. In short: please be careful.

RainbowDevs does not and will never sell Prism on a Game Boy cartridge/Game Pak, and companies that do are doing so without our consent or endorsement. Prism is available for free to download online, and money from cart sales will go to these companies and not to us.

We can't guarantee that the carts will be bug-free or up-to-date, and they may exhibit problems that have since been fixed or behaviour that is not present at all in-game. This is up to and including softlocks and save data loss. We will not be issuing updates to fix bugs on cartridges that have been produced without our consent.

If you'd like to play Prism on real hardware, you absolutely can! You can look at flash carts like the Everdrive or others. These are Game Paks with an SD-card slot that allow you to load and update ROMs from your computer. There are also other, third-party consoles that allow you to insert an SD-card directly into the device to play Prism that way.

Pokémon Prism releases are open source, meaning that anyone can do anything they want with the code. We have no recourse to stop the game being produced or purchased on a physical Game Pak, cartridge or preloaded onto gaming hardware. We are not asking for anyone to report these products to us or anyone else. We are also not specifically advising against purchase. This post is to just inform prospective buyers of the risks involved when purchasing these products so they are able to make an informed choice.

Feel free to ask any questions. And, as always, thank you for playing!

Days
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Any plans to add some of the features of polished crystal? such as having abilities, unlimited tms and natures, etc... for examples?

Would be cool to have such features in this hack. I also recommend you have a place where anyone can download it so cease and desist will have a hard time doing damage again,

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Does anyone know if there's a way to turn off EV/DV gain? I remember my team stats being a bit OP in the late game and I'd like to avoid that if possible.
Any plans to add some of the features of polished crystal? such as having abilities, unlimited tms and natures, etc... for examples?
Prism already has Abilities and unlimited TMs, even in the older release.

Days
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Does anyone know if there's a way to turn off EV/DV gain? I remember my team stats being a bit OP in the late game and I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Sweet, why isn't that advertised in it I wonder.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024

Would be cool to have such features in this hack. I also recommend you have a place where anyone can download it so cease and desist will have a hard time doing damage again,
Oh, that is an excellent point. I suppose we've been playing the game for so long and the newer games with this stuff already there I forgot that it wasn't in the vanilla games! Thanks for this, I will update the OP.

We've adjusted a lot of the post-game levels to present more of a challenge, so hopefully this shouldn't be necessary. Feedback is always appreciated, however!

Last edited:
Back