• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon R/S/E: Legends

How should the battle system be like?

• Regular but with backgrounds and a few other things added

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Isometric view and have a battle like pokemon stadium/coliseum with arenas and stuff.

Votes: 36 76.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    JonoSasson, ive stopped and thought about this many times, i already know how hard this thing is....a while back people kept asking over and over about the battle system, they dont know how hard it is to do...but a battle system isnt impossible, and even though it will take many lines of scripting, its not imposslible, there is already a battle system tutorial, so ive been checking that out, and it eases the pressure of how hard it is, but a pokemon battle system will be hard, with the attacks, turns, # of pokemon, animations, battle menus, etc. its not easy, its hard enough to make a menu, but i do thank you for saying this hoping that some people will read understanding how hard it is to make an isometric pokemon game on an engine that doesnt handle isometrics....but im aware of what's ahead of me, and it wont be fun to do, but it will worth it for the game's sake...

aKaDeMiKs

Kiss my pixels
    Years
  • Will definately be worth afterall you get what you put in. Look forward to new screens. What was the talk bug btw because I came across a problem talking to the kid in the town but I thought nothing of it.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    it wasnt a problem but when you talk to someone by pressing "A", the person will talk, press "A" again and the person will repeat, "D" was the button to close the convo box. but now you can just close it with just pressin "A" again.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    New Screenshot!

beginning of the game, when birch is attacked, instead of 1 poochyena/zigzagoon, theres 3 of them, and no you dont fight all 3 at the same time, you fight the leader poochyena(one in front) and after you beat it the rest run away seeing that you beat their leader. plus route 101 is finished.

more stuff comin this week.

freundmon

View,Take notice,Take in,wait
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    THAT IS AMAZING!!! Did you sprite the fallen birch yourself?

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    thnx and yes i did :), i also did the poochyena and the bag/pokeballs.
    im taking my time on this, im trying my best to get everything accurate on the maps.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    yea, the birch and poocheyena looks real good, (i wish i was that good) and just 1 question
    Will the hero talk?

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Whoa. Yet again DJJ, Its another fantastic Update. The Poocheyna's Look so cool in Isometric Style.

Are we going to have a Breeding System in this?

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    You know you could do the battles in the isometric view too, that would make the pokemon world seem more seemless which is what I thought youwere gonna do at first. Either way it goes youre a genius you have serious talent you should maybe persue a career in game development

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    thnx for all the comments, i also have another thing to update that will make the battle system worth the wait, ive decided to have the game have some of its own pokemon sprites, instead of planning on using all the ones from D/P.
    for example:

theyre edits from pinball, but more into a sprite form.
    so once the battle system is ready to be started, these sprites will be used, i have 22 pokemon done already, ill have more done soon, and im also starting petalburg city tomorrow.

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • This is SO NICE..
    Really, I know what it is working in Sphere.. (I can't script, just the basics)
    And I really love the way you use the engine.. the 8 directions for the movement an such..
    Really ! WOW :D
    Also, nice work of spriting..

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    thnx, im not the one who did all the scripts, someone was helping with them, im starting to script on my own now.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Nice Sprites you've got there DJJ. If you need any help with the spriting Side I may be able to Help out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back