• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

mertis

the mert that was
Years
I reaaly couldnt find any way to report a glitch, so ill just say it here (sorry if this annoys anyone) but basically for some reason when i go into the room before the elite four, my game moves at 1/20 of its normal speed, and opening menu doesnt work and the game freezes every time you try to go into the elite four or leave, so im stuck in the room for all eternity. my other saves still work but they are far behind in the rom. Ive gone into that pre-elite four room before, and it hasnt done this, ive also been able to access the elite four before, but these are my latest saves as i saved before going into the elite four that time, not realizing something was wrong

that could be a emu problem, what is it?

Years
I would love to suggest you to add Extreme Speed to good ol' Bibarel's moveset, that poor thing is too slow and frail to sweep with Sword Dance, Extreme Speed would help it a lot and make it a much more useful Pokemon.

mertis

the mert that was
Years
I would love to suggest you to add Extreme Speed to good ol' Bibarel's moveset, that poor thing is too slow and frail to sweep with Sword Dance, Extreme Speed would help it a lot and make it a much more useful Pokemon.
I add to this by buffing its stats a tad bit.

mertis

the mert that was
Years
Should I use Typhlosion or Cinderace on my team? Team rn is Mienshao, Krookodile,Magnezone(replacing with Melmetal after sabrina) , Ninjask(replacing with Cinderace/Typhlosion) mega Gengar and Barraswkeda.

Nvm typlosion gets eruption way to late.

Years
"Radical Red is a very hard and unfun game, please make an easier version so that I could spam the A button in every battle without using my brain to come up with smart strategies..."
The game has been fun, but there are a few criticisms that I have with the game, it's very annoying to keep searching for a Pokemon with decent IVs, it takes way too much time and makes me not want to add more Pokemon into my party, maximazing all IVs is also a time consuming process, it takes way too much time to grind for Lucky Eggs, I also dislike how the open world aspect in the midgame was taken away by making things more linear as I really loved to just walk around and beat the gyms in the order I wanted.
Another problem I have is that you have to either wait days or change the date just to encounter a Dracovish in the raid den.

mertis

the mert that was
Years
What dragon moves does dracovish learn that are psychical(can't learn outrage and dragon claw) and dragon rush and dragon tail suck, so what moves are good for it?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Is there any documentation/a place where I can see all the buffs/changes this romhack made to Pokemon?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Um so i just started this yesterday , is there a way i can get good ivs on egg that i traded with shards?

mertis

the mert that was
Years
"Radical Red is a very hard and unfun game, please make an easier version so that I could spam the A button in every battle without using my brain to come up with smart strategies..."
The game has been fun, but there are a few criticisms that I have with the game, it's very annoying to keep searching for a Pokemon with decent IVs, it takes way too much time and makes me not want to add more Pokemon into my party, maximazing all IVs is also a time consuming process, it takes way too much time to grind for Lucky Eggs, I also dislike how the open world aspect in the midgame was taken away by making things more linear as I really loved to just walk around and beat the gyms in the order I wanted.
Another problem I have is that you have to either wait days or change the date just to encounter a Dracovish in the raid den.

He did that for the soft level cap. but imo you should have been able to go to fusica but koga says he will battle when you have 5 badges.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jul 18, 2022
Hi! I don't know where to report glitches or if this glitch has been reported, but I've decided to inform about it anyways. I've realized that, when playing a randomizer (I was playing the hard mode, though I do not know if it matters at all), if I went into a non-random battle (i.e. a rival battle or a gym leader) and then when to a static encounter Pokemon (I found it with the game corner mons and the Snorlax) these won't be randomized. In order to get the random encounters, I had to reset my game completely or go into another battle before getting the random encounter.

mertis

the mert that was
Years
I have just beat the game and dear god this is good, my team was typlosion(shiny), dracovish,mega gengar(shiny),krookodile, melmetal( SOMEHOW SHINY) and mienfoo, but 4 more mons that I consider to be on the team cinderace, barrasweda,
ninjask and magnezone, and yes I somehow got 3 shinys idk how tbh

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
I've looked into the documentation on buffs/changes this romhack has made to Pokemon, and noticed how Mega-Blastoise's Speical Attack was nerfed by 10 points (135-125). Why is this? Mega-Blastoise was never an especially overpowered Mega, so it just kinda seems like a weird thing to nerf, imo

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 21, 2021
Pleas make it so we can get pinch berries(with out cheat codes) even if theirs a weird way. I just want flapple to be able to use its signature ability.
Edit 1 I realize now that what I originally wrote seems a bite demanding, but it would just be nice if the apline line could use its signature ability better
nvm there in raid dens and i am just dumb

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 31, 2021
Version 2.0 is here!!! Huge shoutouts to Professor Leon for his DPE/CFRU ROM base for making this revamp clean and easy!

Big TL;DR of the update:
Gen 8 is here!!
11 Gigantamax forms turned into Megas.
Compatibility with mGBA and real hardware!
A ton of bug fixes, more polish, and even more difficulty.

Detailed changelog here:
Spoiler:

My game freezes every time i enter rock tunnel, is there anything I can do about it?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 14, 2021
heyhey, ive tried to patch the game, but it failed with 5 different fire red files. 4 of those should be the 1636 Pokemon Fire Red Squirrels ROMs :(

Back