• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Well I just won easily with my usual pokemon in the end

Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Lv77 Rotom-Wash
    Timid/Levitate/Leftovers 252 S.Atk 252 Spd
    Astonish -> For the removal of Focus Sash + Flinch to prevent Stealth Rock;
    Hydro Pump -> one shot Mamoswine after Astonish, took one resisted Ice Shard for like 15 damage though xD
    Volt Switch
    Will-O-Wisp
    Died to Primeape's Close Combat

Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Lv79 Gyarados
    Jolly/Moxie/Choice Scarf 252 Atk 252 Spd and still was outsped by Primeape WTF, had 40/256 HP left after a crit Close Combat
    Aqua Fang -> one shot Primeape, then stayed on bench due to low HP
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Dragon Dance (should have replaced it with Power Whip or Ice Fang)

Lv74 Weavile went in vs Mimikyu to tank a resisted Shadow Sneak
    Jolly/Infiltrator/Choice Band 252 Atk 252 Spd
    Fake Out
    Triple Axel -> One shot Disguise'd Mimikyu LOL, also one shot Honchkrow
    Throat Chop
    Ice Shard

Lv79 Terrakion went in vs Mega-Houndoom to expect a Dark move but tanked Flamethrowers like a boss instead
    Jolly/Justified/Life Orb 252 Atk 252 Spd
    Stealth Rock
    Close Combat -> one shot Mega-Houndoom
    Stone Edge
    Swords Dance

2nd match
    Since lead Rotom-Wash is KO'd, Weavile was lead here
    One shot Honchkrow who did pitiful damage with crit Sucker Punch

Primarina switched in, I sent Keldeo in and got it one shot by Primarina's Fairy attack, but Weavile was Ice Choice locked in so yeah.
    (for info:

Lv70 Keldeo
    Timid/Justified/Choice Specs
    Hydro Pump
    Secret Sword
    Air Slash
    Hidden Power ICE )

Lv77 Mega-Gengar
    Timid/Shadow Trap/Gengarite 252 S.Atk 252 Spd
    Sludge Bomb -> One shot Primarina
    Hex -> Also one shot Jynx; did 55% of Mega-Mawile's HP
    Will-O-Wisp
    Substitute

vs Mega-Mawile
    Sent Terrakion to one shot it with a Close Combat lol

Easy

tbh it took me 3 hours before i can beat them i just rebattle gym leaders until i can beat them

KevinSephiroth

Captain of the undead army
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    I have one question, if I breed my Cyndaquil who doesn't have his Hidden Abillity with a Ditto with his hidden, is possible to born a Cyndaquil with his hidden?

And if not, is possible to get more Bottle Cap in the game?

See ya, luv your game

You can see which wild pokemon have which held item in one of the docs posted in the 1st post.

Item 1 is 50% chance of being held, Item 2 is 5%
    If your lead pokemon has Compound Eyes (like Butterfree, who also can learn Thief) then it's raised to 60% & 20% chances

Pokemon/Location/chance of apparition/Item 1/Item 2
    Delibird Seafoam Islands B2 1% Bottle Cap Bottle Cap (both Day & Night)
    Delibird Seafoam Islands B3 1% Bottle Cap Bottle Cap (both Day & Night)
    Garbodor Pkmn Mansion 2 20% Bottle Cap Bottle Cap (both Day & Night)
    Garbodor Pkmn Mansion B1 20% Bottle Cap Bottle Cap (both Day & Night)

Sandyghast Route 11 4% nothing Bottle Cap (Day only, but is in both 4% slots so a total of 8% chance to appear)
    Trubbish Route 6 10% nothing Bottle Cap
    Trubbish Route 16 10% nothing Bottle Cap

-------------
    Some Gen VII Move Tutor moves I would love to see available at one point maybe:
    Defog
    Low Kick
    Bounce
    Icy Wind
    Knock Off
    Iron Head EDIT: My bad this one is already available in fact
    Superpower
    Knock Off
    Low Kick

Last edited:
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    You can see which wild pokemon have which held item in one of the docs posted in the 1st post.

Item 1 is 50% chance of being held, Item 2 is 5%
    If your lead pokemon has Compound Eyes (like Butterfree, who also can learn Thief) then it's raised to 60% & 20% chances

Pokemon/Location/chance of apparition/Item 1/Item 2
    Delibird Seafoam Islands B2 1% Bottle Cap Bottle Cap (both Day & Night)
    Delibird Seafoam Islands B3 1% Bottle Cap Bottle Cap (both Day & Night)
    Garbodor Pkmn Mansion 2 20% Bottle Cap Bottle Cap (both Day & Night)
    Garbodor Pkmn Mansion B1 20% Bottle Cap Bottle Cap (both Day & Night)
    Sandyghast Route 11 4% nothing Bottle Cap (Day only, but is in both 4% slots so a total of 8% chance to appear)
    Trubbish Route 6 10% nothing Bottle Cap
    Trubbish Route 16 10% nothing Bottle Cap

your really expert on this game lel

Years
  • Version 2.0 is here!!! Huge shoutouts to Professor Leon for his DPE/CFRU ROM base for making this revamp clean and easy!

Big TL;DR of the update:
    Gen 8 is here!!
    11 Gigantamax forms turned into Megas.
    Compatibility with mGBA and real hardware!
    A ton of bug fixes, more polish, and even more difficulty.

Detailed changelog here:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Well this sucks I made it to Giovanni in cerulean cave on 1.11 now I gotta start all over again for 2.0

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Question: If I start this 2.0 version, will it be compatible with the future versions? Granted, the engine doesn't change? Are there any bad egg instances known in 2.0?

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Well this sucks I made it to Giovanni in cerulean cave on 1.11 now I gotta start all over again for 2.0
    You don't really have to start over, you can finish your run on 1.11 and then start a new run on version 2 in the future when you feel like it.

Question: If I start this 2.0 version, will it be compatible with the future versions? Granted, the engine doesn't change? Are there any bad egg instances known in 2.0?
    It should be compatible in the future (unless there is gonna be a major change again but that won't be happening anytime soon for sure.)
    We haven't encountered any bad eggs during testing phase.

Years
    • He/She/They/Them
    • Earth
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    Very nice update!

Edit:I caught a Wooloo but now the game lags really bad only when I press start but runs full speed otherwise, playing on mGBA.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2021
    Yo Soup did you nerf brock or is bulbasaur just stronk. 2.0 is pretty smooth though, keep on torturing me with the game lmao.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    In the celadon game corner prize station there is a huge glitch with the middle vendor

Years
  • In the celadon game corner prize station there is a huge glitch with the middle vendor

fixed
    did some bug fixes, add some move tutors, also gave galar ponyta/rapidash fire/fairy typing: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dk1pkt70mbpdjv8/rr_2_0a.ups/file

changelog:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Will I have to restart the game from the beginning again?

no, 2.0a is compatible with 2.0.

to update, from FAQ:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Version 2.0 is here!!! Huge shoutouts to Professor Leon for his DPE/CFRU ROM base for making this revamp clean and easy!

Big TL;DR of the update:
    Gen 8 is here!!
    11 Gigantamax forms turned into Megas.
    Compatibility with mGBA and real hardware!
    A ton of bug fixes, more polish, and even more difficulty.

Detailed changelog here:
    Spoiler:

good thing i deleted the old version (so i wait for the new version ) nice!!!!

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Nice to know that 2.0 is available.
    My question is: is it safe to trade from 1.0 to 2.0?
    Any way to I'll be keeping 1.0 just in case.

Thanks for the hack bro.
    Good job.

Years
  • Nice to know that 2.0 is available.
    My question is: is it safe to trade from 1.0 to 2.0?
    Any way to I'll be keeping 1.0 just in case.

Thanks for the hack bro.
    Good job.

have no idea, i would say yes because trading with unbound and RR seem to work but I would advise not to haha. Hope you dig it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Loving it so far! Questions:

1. Is post game added at all in 2.0?

2. Are the random crashes still prevalent in this version? Any potential crashes I should be aware of?

3. Are most Pokemon catchable in this version? Is there a document for 2.0?

4. At what point can we not use items anymore during battle? And when should I expect to face trainers with max EV's?

5. How much does the IV perfector cost? Is it per IV or does it do all of them at once? What about the EV reducer?

6. Is the happiness groomer a once per day event? How much does it increase the happiness by?

7. Would I be able to check the stats/moves for Pokemon if I open it with G3T and edit the .ini? Or did you repoint everything? I'm not planning on using it as a base or anything.

Back