• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
  • OK, so I've seen a handful of posts talking about how they dont have enough money in the game, so I wanted to make this post to help those folks out. I went through the various Routes with my Farfetched since it has Frisk as its ability and Thief. And I've found six that sell for a really nice amount and are fairly common.

First up is Red Shards from Litleo. 500 PokeDollars and can be easily farmed on Route 2.
    Next up is Terrain Extenders from Maractus. 2000 PokeDollars. Just head to Route 11 just past Diglett Cave to farm them.
    After that is Stardust and Sun Stones/Moon Stones. 1500 PokeDollars each, and they can be farmed off Solrock/Lunatone in Rock Tunnel.
    And finally is the BigMushroom from Amoongus. 2500 PokeDollars, and can be farmed right outside Fuschia City on Route 15

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2020
    So I was dexnav shiny hunting for nickit on the route before mount Moon and I found one! Unfortunately after catching it and checking the PC it is no longer shiny, I have a save state on the shiny so I'm sure it's a shiny. Is this a known bug or did I do something wrong?

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2020
    Im a newb with patchin etc. and Ive done something wrong. I downloaded the right fire red version (squirrels), and tried patching it with the .ups file from this site, but when I try running in vba it says wrong save type, and I should switch to flash 128k. I patched using ROM patcher JS online. Can you tell me what my mistake is?

Years
  • Im a newb with patchin etc. and Ive done something wrong. I downloaded the right fire red version (squirrels), and tried patching it with the .ups file from this site, but when I try running in vba it says wrong save type, and I should switch to flash 128k. I patched using ROM patcher JS online. Can you tell me what my mistake is?

VisualBoyAdvance>Options>Emulator>Save Type>Flash 128k

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I just wanted to drop by and say that this hack is simply GOAT status.
    Haven't felt this good playing a ROM Hack in years. Great job to you and everyone who was involved with the production.

Bisharp2203

IDK, MAYBE...
    Years
  • Hi guys, someone know when will be ready the next update, or how to get a kubfu as well as what will contain the next update?
    Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2021
    So I have a question, I've been trying to get an Aurorus since this past week, but I have been leveling it up alot and it's been past the evolution level for some time. it's around level 50 now and hasn't evolved. and I have been doing it right according to the original way to evolve it. Am I missing something? let me know. I was looking forward to getting my icy boy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2021
    First off, I really need to say, I absolutely loved this hack. I had so much fun on multiple playthroughs, and decided to challenge myself. I was going to beat the Elite 4 with 18 different mono type teams, with no overlaps, and no legendaries. I also didn't use any mons that were considered Ubers, except for Darmanitan-G for the Ice challenge. It was pretty hard to make a team as it was, and I already used Ninetails-A for the Fairy run (in hindsight I should have just saved Ninetails for Ice and used Meganium instead). And today, I am proud to say that I finished it! I did most of them without saving inbetween members, but for some of them that was like literally impossible (looking at you Rock and Ice trying to beat Bruno...).

If anyone wants to know about how I did it, I might do a detailed run though of one of them. Rock was definitely the hardest, and Normal was by far the easiest, but Psychic and Water were pretty easy as well. My favorite team has to be the Grass one with Choice Band Rillaboom with Grassy Glide is an absolute house. Some unexpected powerhouses include Ditto from the Normal team (copying Ubers is awesome), Shedinja (several pokes literally can't touch it), and Choice Scarf Girafarig with Parental Bond and Boom Burst.

In general, you really want like 5 things. Priority, a big meat shield, a check for Zacian-C, Primal Groudon and Primal Dialga, and like loads and loads of speed. Timid>Modest, Jolly>Adamant basically always. Stall is really effective, especially later in the fights.

Don't bother with hazards, they really don't work. Lorelai is doubles, so they don't matter much, and her only focus sash user is the lead Ludicolo. For Bruno, both his leads will basically always taunt you, so you can use that to your advantage. Agatha will always taunt on the lead as well. For Lance, Aerodactyl will always taunt, and Garchomp is 50/50 Stealth Rock or attack. For the Rival, Krookodile will always taunt as well unless you have Magic Bounce or something like that.

Also don't bother with more than 1 setup mon. There are really only 2 reliable places to setup, and thats against Bruno's Bisharp trying to Sucker Punch, and against the Rival's Ditto. Occasionally Lance's Garchomp will just Swords Dance in your face but thats rare.

In general, Lorelai's Ice team was easier to beat than Rain, but it really depended on what team I was using. For Bruno, the Infernape lead team was generally easier. For Agatha, both teams are basically the same to me. For Lance, I preferred to face the Garchomp lead, but they were both relatively easy to play around. For the Rival, you can cheese the Krookodile quite easily. If your lead has a non-attack move, he will always taunt, so you can just attack. Then if you outspeed he will almost always switch to Groudon or occasionally Togekiss or Darkrai. You can cheese the Ditto quite easily as well, its basically setup fodder for a bunch of mons.

Weather and Terrain teams are very good here, especially against Lorelai, so use them if you can.

Spoiler:

If at all possible, I would love to be able to rematch the Elite Four again at level 100, or at least not have the entrance blocked off. Having to reset my game everytime I completed the challenge was quite cumbersome. Some other things that would be absolutely lovely late game are more reliable ways to get competitive items, as the 5% chance drop of choice items from select Raid Battles is very low. Also, accidentally using a rare candy on the wrong pokemon and getting them above level 85 is very cumbersome, and should maybe not be allowed to happen if you're going to keep the cap at 85.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2020
    this is a great hack but can i make a suggestion to the dexnav? maybe you can add a little info on what evs that particular pokemon gives you? just saves trouble having to look everything up

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jan 14, 2024
    Great hack. The first gym leaders and Johto bosses, each of them were all very difficult and I had to always reset and use a different strategy plus some dumb AI luck. The mons that are given out even in early game all have a vital role if you chose to use them. I would have never thought I would use Chinchou, eventually evolved into Lanturn for majority of the run. It was mandatory against Lt. Surge, Koga and Blaine. With the TMs being limitless, you can change up your moveset anytime to change up your strategy if the first run didn't work out. The restricted level cap forces you to think of new strategies that I would never have used in a casual rom hack. I saw Drayano recommend this and this is not a disappointment.

Tracking roaming legendaries is a bit annoying, but the ones that do roam are pretty good. I don't know if anyone is trying to catch them, but I used Umbreon to catch all of them, with Mean Look and the insane bulk.

Spoiler:

10/10. Has soooo many QoL improvements. You can build your team however you'd like with tons of options to choose from (some you have to be lucky) and with updates pushed out constantly. Amazing work

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2021
    I've been loving the game so far, but I was wondering if anyone knows kubfu or urshifu's location? Felt like I've looked everywhere now.

Back