• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    I just finished the game but couldnt beat it with ALL RANDOMIZED in Hard Mode. Everything is so HARD that makes impossible to win certain battles (they keep spaming sleep status moves and improving all stats). I had to restart my game because even with fully evolved and max IV pokes a simple "Mach Punch" was one Hit KO. This is Probably the best hack I ever played. Thank you for bring us this amazing job

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Update to suggestions. Hopefully one or more sound appealing to you, Soup. I would have posted on Discord channel but there doesn't appear to be a suggestions channel.

Bolded items are the new suggestions.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2021
    First I want to say, thanks for the awesome ROM hack!

I have to ask though, is there a legit way to make the 2.2b patch work in a way that you can continue with the save data from the previous version? I got it work in a way that I just renamed the patched ROM to match the save file names, but I'm unsure if that created a bug withing the version. The bug is that I can't use Fly outside of battle anymore, as it won't show HMs on any pokemon that could learn those HMs. Teleport is still usable though, so I believe non-HM moves are usable. And I'm pretty sure I got the right version to work otherwise, since the Name Rater has been replaced with the Exp/EV training spot and you have the option to give nicknames to your pokemon from the starting screen.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    First I want to say, thanks for the awesome ROM hack!

I have to ask though, is there a legit way to make the 2.2b patch work in a way that you can continue with the save data from the previous version? I got it work in a way that I just renamed the patched ROM to match the save file names, but I'm unsure if that created a bug withing the version. The bug is that I can't use Fly outside of battle anymore, as it won't show HMs on any pokemon that could learn those HMs. Teleport is still usable though, so I believe non-HM moves are usable. And I'm pretty sure I got the right version to work otherwise, since the Name Rater has been replaced with the Exp/EV training spot and you have the option to give nicknames to your pokemon from the starting screen.

Fly is replaced by an item called Pokerider, I believe.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Not sure if anyone else had this bug but after evolving Brionne, the now Primarina lost 2 levels, went from level 35 to 33, this hasn't happened for any other pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Not sure if anyone else had this bug but after evolving Brionne, the now Primarina lost 2 levels, went from level 35 to 33, this hasn't happened for any other pokemon.

It sounds like a growth rate problem with the rom. That usually means that Brionne had a different growth rate than its final form. You can report that oversight to Soupercell, it's an easy fix.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2022
    Easily one of the best rom hacks ever. Really like how well placed the pokemons were, even though there were so many pokemons on a standard firered map it didn't feel crowded. Very well done.
    However, I'd like to ask if you've considered nerfing the tanky pokemons like Ferrothorn, Bronzong, Corsola-g, etc? Right now 95% of the battles against AI teams are 252SpAttack/Attack+252Speed which just makes these tanky pokemons a bit too good for the playthrough.
    For eg, I had a
    Ferrothorn (Leftovers) 252Hp+128Def+128SpDef
    Toxic
    Leech Seed
    Protect
    Gyro Ball
    and it was easily the mvp in 90% of the battles. It almost never died.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2022
    So I'm new to Rom Hacks and this is my first - got recommended it by a work colleague after he cuaght me procrastinating with an emulator for Black 2 on my phone.

Literally can't stop playing this hac... no game. It's a game. Best pokemon game in years. I'm recommending it to everyone I know who plays pokemon - casual or sweat alike. I've not even bothered with Gen 8 outside of showdown because it just looks disappointing so this is basically my Generation 8 experience :D

There was alot of stuff when I first started that made me go what why? Like level caps. But the more I played the more I realized it was neccesary. This game makes me use pokemon I would never use in Showdown or the main series.

As for feedback - I need more man. I'm at the league 48hrs in and I'm prepping a team for it - but all I can think about is what comes after that. Ofc I see no sevii islands yet which was disappointing but that just means theres more to look forward too. I dunno what you're plans are for that - but based on the stuff so far consider me hyped.

Random, retarded idea for you that randomly popped into my head when I first heard about the story of Mew and how it was added last minute to RG combined with how it was portrayed in the first movie - if it's technically feasible you could give Mew a ridiculously low (e.g. 0.0001%) chance to spawn in the long grass of any route (obviously no navdex for it) as it sorta matches the lore of mew

Not why you made the hack, I understand but if you're looking for more semi lore friendly ways to introduce legendaries into the world this would be one method and it could spice up playthroughs a little if players can successfully catch them. Obviously this isn't intended for a consistent farming method - I see it more like when you're playing Fallout 2 and you get a random encounter where you get a neat unique weapon. Though you probably wouldn't want to have the same cruel catch rates as on other legendaries if that was the case.

You could apply a similar approach to Celebi in Viridian Forest, Manapy in the ocean routes etc - something to think about at least until you have more actual locations to place them - I already noticed some places are a little crowded when it comes to legendaries.

Feel free to shoot the idea down in flames :D and forgive my fanboying - I seriously love your hack guys. Good stuff.

I work in game dev professionally and I have so much appreciation for the little touches in this. I'm seriously in love with your game :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2022
    Second time i beat the game, wanted to try some new pokemon and i had as much fun as the first time

Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Alcremie felt a bit too broken in the late game and Pangoro destroy the midgame really hard when you have sucker punch. Overall, this run was way more easy, but i was expecting it now that i understand a bit more competitive and how to abuse the AI (Who is still better than 99% of pokemon i played tbh).

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Weird I don't have the randomizer on and a trainer in Erika's gym has a graveler and tentacruel?

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2021
    I have a question about something.....

So I was watching this streamer randomizer nuzlocke Pokémon radical red. It's a rom hack of fire red but harder. He had a gabite, a scyther, a Charizard, and a herecross and some other Pokémon he was going to fight erika with. But the game crashed and he didn't save. Is their a way for him to hack the Pokémon into the game so that he can have them again because he had a really awsome team that didn't deserve to go out like that.

Years
  • So I was watching this streamer randomizer nuzlocke Pokémon radical red. It's a rom hack of fire red but harder. He had a gabite, a scyther, a Charizard, and a herecross and some other Pokémon he was going to fight erika with. But the game crashed and he didn't save. Is their a way for him to hack the Pokémon into the game so that he can have them again because he had a really awsome team that didn't deserve to go out like that.

hey, I think if he goes to open rom well basically if they saved the game (not in the game but the safe state at some point) they should be able to open the safe state which ever number they placed it in from 1-9 and open the game there or they can refresh to that safe state while in the game if they press the correct number or key they associated it to, I am not an expert on this (and I am not sure if its different for a randomizer) but I have been playing a few roms and yesterday my Laptop overheated before I could safe my game and I opened the game up again and it said start a new safe so I did thinking I lost the progress but then I opened up the safe state and it re placed me at the point before my Laptop caused the game to crash and I could carry on so if they have set up a save state at any point I believe they should be able to go back to the game where they left of :)

I hope this helps and if there are any issues I bet someone else can help you/them figure out a solution :)

Regards - Declan Sargent

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2021
    I've also found a bug where I didn't get a focus sash fromthe fighting gym. Idk if it's because my evs were maxed out or not

Back