• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
  • Hello everyone! I am glad to introduce to you the newly developed Showdown Server for Radical Red!
    Developed by Pacmanboss256 (RRSH head dev), Karthik, Budget Cyro and Aegide!

Showdown Server Link

Karthik's Custom Calc
    This is a showdown calculator developed by karthik with the updated stats and abilities of all the Radical Red pokémon

RR Showdown Discord Server Link
    - This server will serve the purpose of keeping you up to the date with the current tier changes and any updates related to the showdown server. But you will not be able to talk in here, make sure to use #showdown in the RR server for all showdown related talk

Other Features
    - 6 New Battle Themes
    - New and Improved tiers with updated rule sets (More in-depth in the Showdown discord server)
    - 1-3 Viable Sets made for every pokémon by @Profound [Sheep mk. 2] 🦜🦜🐑 free to use! (Located in the Showdown discord server)

Hope you enjoy and lastly don't forget to use #showdown in the RR server for all related conversations!

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I dont play this hack as seriously as I used to. For me, it's just too tedious to have to get a team of six Pokemon for the first Gym then basically have to swap them all around for each gym after that. I still play here and there, but I dont bother playing legit anymore. I have to load up a Gameshark codes list to even start a run.

Years
  • Is it possible to turn off the rtc? i sadly can't play this on the twilightmenu on my 3ds.

If you are using a 3DS to play GBA, try injecting the rom with New Super Ultimate Injector: https://gbatemp.net/threads/discussion-new-super-ultimate-injector-nsui.500376/
    I used it to inject version 2.1 and it ran without issues (aside from the few bugs the game has, that is). It's not as simple as just dropping a ROM on your microSD and open it with an emulator/gbaRunner, but GBA injects play flawlessly with perfect accuracy. Btw, I'm currently using the Beta 28 debug version, but I think Beta 27 should work with this game, just make sure to select a save type with RTC in the save options.

**edit**
    Just a quick note, the NSUI executable currently has issues downloading title screens/box arts for games (not that it applies to rom hacks, anyway...), so you will need to look them up or create a screenshot with an emulator and then select it in the app.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2023
    If you are using a 3DS to play GBA, try injecting the rom with New Super Ultimate Injector: https://gbatemp.net/threads/discussion-new-super-ultimate-injector-nsui.500376/
    I used it to inject version 2.1 and it ran without issues (aside from the few bugs the game has, that is). It's not as simple as just dropping a ROM on your microSD and open it with an emulator/gbaRunner, but GBA injects play flawlessly with perfect accuracy. Btw, I'm currently using the Beta 28 debug version, but I think Beta 27 should work with this game, just make sure to select a save type with RTC in the save options.
    app.
    Just finished using it and it works. Thanks alot man

Edit: Nevermind, still doesn't connect to rtc

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2021
    Is there a way to find marshadow in the raids? The raid guide in the google drive is still in version 2.1.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2022
    I cant seem to be able to find the answer for this but is the Hidden Ability Prothean a thing in this game? Gotta love myself some sweet kecleon action

...Also can genders be changed somehow?

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I cant seem to be able to find the answer for this but is the Hidden Ability Prothean a thing in this game? Gotta love myself some sweet kecleon action

...Also can genders be changed somehow?

No idea about gender swapping, but if you're looking for a Hidden Ability, make sure you've got some Bottle Caps. One can be found for free in the Rocket Hideout. To get more, take a Pokemon with the Frisk ability and knows Thief/Covet (I suggest Farfetched) and use the DexNav to encounter Sandyghast/Pallosands during the day and Trubbish/Garbodor during the night. It's easier to go after Sandyghast since Trubbish can have the Sticky Hold ability.

Once you've got some Bottle Caps, go to the Pokemon Fan Club in Saffron City. You'll see a bunch of NPCs around the first table. Go to the one on the top of the right side of the table and he'll swap a Pokemon to its Hidden Ability.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2021
    Was eruption removed from Typhlosion's moveset? I have mine at level 85 for the E4, but he's hasn't learned it yet. I checked the move relearner and it isn't there.

Update: I beat the game without it

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Was eruption removed from Typhlosion's moveset? I have mine at level 85 for the E4, but he's hasn't learned it yet. I checked the move relearner and it isn't there.

Update: I beat the game without it

Eruption is now at level 100 for typholosion

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2022
    I am having trouble downloading the file is there any way to fix it? I would really like to play this game.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Over the past week or so, I've been playing this ROM hack some more, and I've gotta say- It's hard to figure out a good team to use anymore. It's mostly an issue of finding the right balance between power and speed. If I go for speed, I cant do much damage, even with super effective moves or crits. If I go for power, I'm always getting outsped. I've even tried defensive builds and just always get crippled or one shot.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Has anyone had any success modifying the pokemons base stats or moves with G3T or something similar. I thought I could just change the ini files but I am not having any success.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2021
    Amazing hack. Was wondering if in an upload version we can have more pokemon boxes in PC.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Has anyone had any success modifying the pokemons base stats or moves with G3T or something similar. I thought I could just change the ini files but I am not having any success.

I think it depends on what you edit. For megas, it was difficult because it kept taking me back to the default form and Icouldn't change abilities/stats. For any other pokemon, I was able to change their stats and abilities.

Also, for some reason move and ability names are messed up on my end. I just changed the amount of Pokes to something like 1300 in the ini and moves to like 800-900 so it could display them all.

Trainers were also editable. Since I'm on an older version, I can't rematch the E4 so I edited their rematch teams, which were actually not the ones the vanilla FR used. I made their teams level 250 (without EV's) and my team was most definitely tested.

Definitely one of the better rom hacks!

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Any chance you could link me your ini? all the new attacks and evolutions are super bugged out on mine.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Any chance you could link me your ini? all the new attacks and evolutions are super bugged out on mine.

If you get Soupercell's permission, I'd be happy to share it. I don't feel comfortable doing so without his permission. There's a difference between using G3T to edit for personal use and sharing for public use.

Also, keep in mind that I'm on a much older version since it's the last version before the switch to the level cap. So, what may work for me may cause glitches on your end.

Back