• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Raging Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Awesome update! The gym tiles are remarkable now, love it. However I am not a fan of the new cut tree's. They're kind of odd. also in the fourth screenshot the colors of tiles pop, which is a good thing, but the door of the houses appear REALLY dull. Either way I'm really starting to like this hack.

yea im not too fond of the new cut trees as well, (well, i actually disagreed on all that cut tree, smash rock, strength rock, poke ball changing but oh well) and as for the tiles on the city, i noticed that as well when mapping that town, those houses really pop out alot when you look at them and make the doors look dull, but we'll change that later, but yea those houses are too nicely colored and make the rest of the tiles look more dull.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
May 11th Update:

Well I have a small update for you guys. Included is a small video of the re-done script that gives the player his/her first Pokemon, a few random screenies from the events in and around Route 5. On a side note, the started have been changed to Swinub and Magby. Using Aron and Tyrouge was highly unbalanced.

1-8.jpg
2-5.jpg
3-2.jpg

And the video

I really like getting constructive criticism, so don't hold anything back. Keep the comments coming and thanks for the support.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
May 11th Update:

Well I have a small update for you guys. Included is a small video of the re-done script that gives the player his/her first Pokemon, a few random screenies from the events in and around Route 5. On a side note, the started have been changed to Swinub and Magby. Using Aron and Tyrouge was highly unbalanced.

1-8.jpg
2-5.jpg
3-2.jpg

And the video

I really like getting constructive criticism, so don't hold anything back. Keep the comments coming and thanks for the support.
I think there's a minor balance issue with the starters in that Magby is weak to Swinub, unless this was your intention to begin with. Also I don't like how there are two grunts standing in the lab. To be honest, they look like their only purpose is to prevent the player from approaching the professor from the left or the right. In other words it looks like they're only there to make sure you walk directly up the middle. The new bridge looks awesome! And I like to see that you're still putting in these side features [e.g. looking through crates] that really just make the hack seem unique.

Edit: I spy with my little eye a few tiles errors in the bridge screenshot. Those definitely need to be fixed.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
I think there's a minor balance issue with the starters in that Magby is weak to Swinub, unless this was your intention to begin with. Also I don't like how there are two grunts standing in the lab. To be honest, they look like their only purpose is to prevent the player from approaching the professor from the left or the right. In other words it looks like they're only there to make sure you walk directly up the middle. The new bridge looks awesome! And I like to see that you're still putting in these side features [e.g. looking through crates] that really just make the hack seem unique.

Edit: I spy with my little eye a few tiles errors in the bridge screenshot. Those definitely need to be fixed.

don't worry, ill get that bridge problem fixed, i'm just waiting to get the rom back from adam, and hopefully i can get a lot of progress done, like adding new tiles such as beach tiles, cave tiles, and indoor house tiles, along with a new pc and mart interior. so just giving a heads up on what coming up.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years

I've addressed the balance issue right from the start, I've made Swiunb solely an ice type and edit his move sets to balance things out. They actually do serve a purpose, but I will consider taking them out.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I really like the story of the hack. ^^
The scenery, as shown from your screenshots, are also very nicely done. ^^

I wish you g'luck on this project, and I hope this will go far. ;)

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2011
this is actually pretty cool...!
how ever i didnt like the gym tiles since it is a mix witn pewter city gym tiles

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
I really like the story of the hack. ^^
The scenery, as shown from your screenshots, are also very nicely done. ^^

I wish you g'luck on this project, and I hope this will go far. ;)

thanks :D hopefully we get to finish the hack, and nothing goes wrong to a point in which we can no longer work on it.

this is actually pretty cool...!
how ever i didnt like the gym tiles since it is a mix witn pewter city gym tiles

yea, the rocks in the gym look fire reddish', ill see what i can do about that.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
May 21st Update:

I have for you guys something I put a lot of time and effort into. It's a small update but it doesn't feel that way. (Check the first post). In other news, the new tiles are in and the next maps are mapped. Scripts are being done as we speak so expect an actual game related updated within the week.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
April 21st Update:

I have for you guys something I put a lot of time and effort into. It's a small update but it doesn't feel that way. (Check the first post). In other news, the new tiles are in and the next maps are mapped. Scripts are being done as we speak so expect an actual game related updated within the week.

You mean "May" instead of "April", right?
Anyway, nice to know new updates are going well. ;)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
"Will you go along with the plan? Or rebel against your own family to ensure the safety of the world."

It would be cool if you could choice the way the game ends - there should be many occasions where you can choice what to do and depending on your answers, the ending would be different.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
"Will you go along with the plan? Or rebel against your own family to ensure the safety of the world."

It would be cool if you could choice the way the game ends - there should be many occasions where you can choice what to do and depending on your answers, the ending would be different.

That's actually a pretty good idea, we might think about it, because we haven't planned out the whole storyline 100%, so this might help out, thanks :)

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
May 22nd Update:

I have a small update for you guys, mainly to show off the new bridge (well the edited version.) It looked glitchy in previous pictures, so we fixed it up a bit. Also, we are still looking for a spriter to make us our player sprite. If you are interested, please send either me (adamb241) or ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ a message.

Here is the picture;

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I don't think that I've commented on this before. So, I'd just like to say that this is a really nice hack. The scripting is good, the tiles are great, and the concept looks really nice, too. :) Keep up the good work.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
I don't think that I've commented on this before. So, I'd just like to say that this is a really nice hack. The scripting is good, the tiles are great, and the concept looks really nice, too. :) Keep up the good work.

Thanks, glad you liked it.

May 31st Update: I'm sorry to say a lot wasn't accomplished over the Memorial Day break/weekend. I do have a few screenshot though, one is from Slatehorn City (home of the Team Fury regional HQ building) and the other two are part of the first mission the player embarks on. Enjoy :classic:

1-9.jpg
asdas-2.jpg
2-6.jpg

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Really nice update although I truly hope that there is something behind stealing the ariados and it's not just a free pokemon for no apparent reason.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Really nice update although I truly hope that there is something behind stealing the ariados and it's not just a free pokemon for no apparent reason.

I don't want to give away to much, but there is a reason that the player steals the Ariados. Also, if I can find the command, take the Ariados away from the player.

Years
The Cut animation was really good, i like it a lot also you have a lot of potential in mapping, i really like that in a hack, the maps.

I think you need to change the overworlds for another one.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
The Cut animation was really good, i like it a lot also you have a lot of potential in mapping, i really like that in a hack, the maps.

I think you need to change the overworlds for another one.

Thanks, I'm glad you like the new cut tree and all of the maps. What do you mean I need to change the overworlds for another one? I don't quite get what you mean.

Quick update:
If anyone is interested in making banners or possibly scripting, please send me a PM. We are in need of these skills. (Well not so much scripting, but it would be nice to have someone to help me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back