• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon: RBGenesis - [v1.5.1] Battle Animation Fix & Shadow Mewtwo

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    splash.png
    Version 1.5.1 Release
    Please check your graphics card is up to date to help prevent possible crashes
    Mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/file/19b77zw9qkyumxz/Pokemon_RBGenesis.zip/file
    Discord Server: https://discord.gg/j7fjQ6CBke

v1.5.1 Changelog
    Spoiler:

v1.4.2 Changes
    Spoiler:

About
    Re-experience Kanto in an all new light! Pokémon RBGenesis aims to recreate the feeling of playing Pokémon Red and Blue on your Gameboy for the first time. Using the colorful art style of the Gen 2 GSC games; Pokémon from gens 1-8, And all new events and characters, Kanto will feel nostalgic and fresh at the same time! RBG ups the expected difficulty of the Kanto region to bring a new challenge to returning players. Search the region for new wild Pokémon encounters based on the Day/Night cycle, or for the various Mega Stones and battle items scattered across the region! Discover all new areas, such as the River Valley, Deep Forest, or Mt. Moon Summit! Become the Champion of the Kanto region in a brand new way, and explore all new mysteries!

starters.png
    Features

• Gen 2 Sprites using Pokémon GSC Essentials in RPG Maker XP
    • Pokémon from Gens 1-8
    • Speed up modes that can be toggled with the Alt button
    • New playable female character (Based on Hilda from Black & White)
    • Additional female rival (Based on Green from the Pokémon Adventures manga)
    • Updated Gen 8 mechanics and items
    • Reusable TMs
    • New move counter in PokéCenters [TM shop, Move Relearner, Move Deleter]
    • Updated maps to a more natural style
    • Mega Evolutions, Shadow Pokémon, and Double Battles
    • Modern PC boxes
    • New events, NPCs, and Locations
    • Updated and expanded Safari Zone and new Bug Catching contest
    • Optional Nuzlocke friendly Key Item "Candy Bag" in Pallet Town
    • Increased difficulty and level caps for major battles
    • Stat buffs, ability changes, type changes to a small handful of Pokémon
    • Optional Gameboy Color window frames!

230px-Green_RGB_chapter_Adventures.png

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Overworld Screenshots
    Spoiler:

97eb4f94ff6407c94bbe2f81d6218a1a.jpg

Credits
    Spoiler:

rockets.png

Known Fixes in Progress
    • Spoiler:

kanto_mega_starters___old_s__style_by_tomycase-d6mkumq.png

Releases

NOTE: If you receive errors for battle animations, try updating your graphics driver. If they persist, try turning off battle animations temporarily in the options
    Version 1.5.1
    Release
    Mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/file/19b77zw9qkyumxz/Pokemon_RBGenesis.zip/file
    v1.5.1 Changelog
    Spoiler:

v1.4.2 Changes
    Spoiler:

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Oh wow! This is most definitely going to satisfy my itch to play through Kanto! Thank you for releasing this! I do feel the need to ask though, do you have plans of changing Red's backsprite to a custom one instead of using Gold's? I feel it would make the game far more immersive.

Edit: I downloaded the game and when I try to boot it up, I face the following error "No games script specified (Missing Game.ini)". :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Oh wow! This is most definitely going to satisfy my itch to play through Kanto! Thank you for releasing this! I do feel the need to ask though, do you have plans of changing Red's backsprite to a custom one instead of using Gold's? I feel it would make the game far more immersive.

Edit: I downloaded the game and when I try to boot it up, I face the following error "No games script specified (Missing Game.ini)". :/
    same error for me

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Oh wow! This is most definitely going to satisfy my itch to play through Kanto! Thank you for releasing this! I do feel the need to ask though, do you have plans of changing Red's backsprite to a custom one instead of using Gold's? I feel it would make the game far more immersive.

Okay thank you for letting me know about the error, I'll take a look into it and see what's up!

*EDIT*

The problem is resolved now, there was just a naming error with the .ini file that I didn't catch. I tested it now and it should run fine. Apologies to everyone who got the error! The new link in the first post has been updated to a working download.

Here's the new link to it as well. https://www.mediafire.com/file/19b77zw9qkyumxz/Pokemon_RBGenesis.zip/file

Screenshot 2023-12-20 150033.png

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Thank you for fixing the download! May I please know if there's a nature changer or nature mints present in the current version? Thank you!

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Thank you for fixing the download! May I please know if there's a nature changer or nature mints present in the current version? Thank you!
    At the moment they aren't. I've been trying to find a good way to make them available to the player and haven't decided on the best way yet. It's on the table for a future update though!

Years
    • Seen today
    How about making them available after ddefeating Team Rocket at Silph Co.? Aside from them, how about an IV changer too? You could let them charge money, Bottle Caps, or Brick Pieces.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Maybe consider creating a dedicated Mint store in Pewter or Cerulean city, and the more badges you earnz the more mints are made available? My reasoning behind keeping a Mint store that early is because if the main player gets a Pokemon with a nature that does more harm than good, then they can at least, switch it to a neutral nature.

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I'm implementing a shop for the mints in the Lazy Dayz Farm that's north of Pewter City. You can have access to the farm after getting cut, so it will let the player get them fairly early on in the run, while not too early.

I currently have Ability Capsules given to the player after each Gym victory at the move counter, I tossed around the idea of giving Gold Bottle caps out too. Maybe giving out 3 or so after each Gym might help with IVs?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I mean, that sounds just as dope, but I feel that would only be necessarily if the gym leader's and general difficulty of the game is significantly higher than the actual RBGY.

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I mean, that sounds just as dope, but I feel that would only be necessarily if the gym leader's and general difficulty of the game is significantly higher than the actual RBGY.
    Oh it ends up getting much higher. Brock starts at Lv 20, and it progresses roughly 10 levels for each leader to Lv 95 for the E4. Each major battle has teams constructed around their strengths and weaknesses, and have pretty competitive movesets and held items.

While play testing, my friends and I made sure that the player was challenged, but not overwhelmed or without options. EVs end up making the players team able to take on some tough threats. But I know that team building can change up, especially with how many Pokémon you have access to. I want players to feel like they can change their teams when they want, without feeling underpowered for doing so.

I'll think about adding in a hyper trainer for bottle caps, I think that's a good idea to have somewhere.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Oh wow, okay, now that you've mentioned what the level curve is like along with insinuating a requirement to Ev train, I'd most definitely look forward to an update that makes grinding less tedious. Since you did mention that there will be level caps, would you keep blissey/Chansey trainers in the picture?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    wow this seems really awesome! i love the old school sprites, gonna download now. Hoping for a battle tower or some end game battle sim type thing :)

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Oh wow, okay, now that you've mentioned what the level curve is like along with insinuating a requirement to Ev train, I'd most definitely look forward to an update that makes grinding less tedious. Since you did mention that there will be level caps, would you keep blissey/Chansey trainers in the picture?
    I never felt like EV grinding was needed in my test playthroughs, but I know its a little hard for me to test accordingly with my prior knowledge of enemy teams. I managed to put together a hyper trainer NPC and a bottle cap system with some items around the world for the next update.

There are trainers who have Chansey/Blissey, just not ones that can be repeated right now. The trainers on the S.S. Anne reset everyday right now, but I'm working on making them scale with the players Gym progress to help with levels too. You can get a lucky egg after Cerulean with a trade with an NPC looking for a Cleffa by the underground gate next to the Day Care.

wow this seems really awesome! i love the old school sprites, gonna download now. Hoping for a battle tower or some end game battle sim type thing :)
    I'm glad you're interested! There is a battle tower in the GSC essentials kit that I want to add in. I tried testing it out, and I get errors every time a battle loads, so I'm trying to fix it atm so I can add it in later.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I never felt like EV grinding was needed in my test playthroughs, but I know its a little hard for me to test accordingly with my prior knowledge of enemy teams. I managed to put together a hyper trainer NPC and a bottle cap system with some items around the world for the next update.

There are trainers who have Chansey/Blissey, just not ones that can be repeated right now. The trainers on the S.S. Anne reset everyday right now, but I'm working on making them scale with the players Gym progress to help with levels too. You can get a lucky egg after Cerulean with a trade with an NPC looking for a Cleffa by the underground gate next to the Day Care.

I'm glad you're interested! There is a battle tower in the GSC essentials kit that I want to add in. I tried testing it out, and I get errors every time a battle loads, so I'm trying to fix it atm so I can add it in later.
    cant wait honestly! btw I just had a spinark in veridian forrest use infestation and it crashed the game.

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    cant wait honestly! btw I just had a spinark in veridian forrest use infestation and it crashed the game.
    Hmm that's odd, I've never had any issues with that move or animation crashing the game before. Another player had issues with glare earlier today, and I've found a fix for that. It'll be included with the next update, so maybe the changes I made will help with that as well.

EDIT: The game download is now updated to v1.1! All save files should have no problem with the new version. Enjoy!

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Jan 25, 2024
    This game is promising but I found script error with several move. 1. infestion 2. baby doll eyes 3. scary face 4. snow powder. I struck with first double battle and I gave up grinding for KO both of them in one attack.

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    This game is promising but I found script error with several move. 1. infestion 2. baby doll eyes 3. scary face 4. snow powder. I struck with first double battle and I gave up grinding for KO both of them in one attack.
    These moves seem to work fine when I playtest them. Do you know what error message you get or have a screenshot? Have you updated to the new v1.1? I'll see if I can look into it further, but any info you can give will help.

Back