• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon: RBGenesis - [v1.5.1] Battle Animation Fix & Shadow Mewtwo

Days
    • Seen Jan 22, 2024
    Okay, I'll take a look into the mint shop and fix that.

What happened exactly with the S.S. Anne exactly? Did the captain give cut like normal but no announcement about going to the islands? I've not seen any problems there before, so I'd like any info you can give to look into.
    It was after i got the cut tm. The captain was saying we were about to depart and that i should go to my cabin, and the sailor at the entrance to the ss anne was saying the same thing. Sleeping in my cabin didnt take me to the islands like it did on 1.1

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2024
    There is a potential soft lock with Giovanni at Silph Co. If you wipe against Giovanni, the 2 rocket execs will block your path. My friend got softlocked so I had to edit the mapfile so he could bypass both of them.

Attachments

• image.png
      image.png
      86.4 KB · Views: 5
    Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Where do you get the Snag Machine or the ability to snag the Shadow Pokémon from the Team Rocket grunts at Silph Co.?
    At the moment there isn't a snag machine, I think I have to add the item into the item list. I might be able to add one in in the Pokemon mansion as an optional item to get before Silph Co. if you decide to wait before going there after Koga.

EDIT: Actually I've added it to the Rocket Hideout in Celadon. It's in the B1F on the table with all of the Pokéballs with the two grunts.

It was after i got the cut tm. The captain was saying we were about to depart and that i should go to my cabin, and the sailor at the entrance to the ss anne was saying the same thing. Sleeping in my cabin didnt take me to the islands like it did on 1.1
    That's strange, I'll take a look and see if something can cause that. I didn't change any script for that between the versions.

There is a potential soft lock with Giovanni at Silph Co. If you wipe against Giovanni, the 2 rocket execs will block your path. My friend got softlocked so I had to edit the mapfile so he could bypass both of them.
    Thank you for letting me know. I could've swore I double checked they reset after a loss, but I'll definitely take a look into that too.

I really appreciate everyone's patience with the issues that have come up! Thank you for finding things I have missed, and I'm always glad to update the game to fix them and add any fun new ideas for everyone!
    The download link has been updated to v1.3 and the changelog will include the details on the new changes.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I am all set ti finally sit down and give this a spin! I do have a question regarding difficulty though. Do my Pokémon need to have the right natures and and Evs to be able to take on the challenges present, or can I play through casually? Thank you!

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I am all set ti finally sit down and give this a spin! I do have a question regarding difficulty though. Do my Pokémon need to have the right natures and and Evs to be able to take on the challenges present, or can I play through casually? Thank you!
    I'd say teambuilding will make the biggest difference. Having negative natures may be annoying for the playstyle you like, but the nature mints are available if you want to stick with the Pokemon you got.

I was able to keep up with the challenges even in late game while being under leveled without having the most ideal stats. There are a lot of fun items, moves, and Pokes available, so definitely explore using any options you get!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Thank you so much for letting me know! I see that mega evolutions are present. I just got a charmander with an adamant nature and thought I'd ask if the Charizardite X present. Also, a suggestion, would you consider creating a quest journal and a watch item in which the player can edit the time since there are different Pokemon available based on the time of the day? I think it would grant the player more freedom in team building. Thank you!

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Thank you so much for letting me know! I see that mega evolutions are present. I just got a charmander with an adamant nature and thought I'd ask if the Charizardite X present. Also, a suggestion, would you consider creating a quest journal and a watch item in which the player can edit the time since there are different Pokemon available based on the time of the day? I think it would grant the player more freedom in team building. Thank you!
    Yes, the player has access to both of the Charizardites when they get their starter gems. I've been wanting a clock that can control the day as well, but that's something I would probably need to script myself or see if someone else has done it in another project. I'm not the best with UI and menu scripting, so I'm not sure if I could put together a mission tracker.

I'll let you know if I make any progress into the clock though!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Loving the game so far! I'm so happy to see a fan game using the graphics of S/G/C as those were the first games I ever owned, it's been a nostalgia trip. Wanted to extend my thanks for the great experience I've had so far!

I've found a bug I'm not sure has been patched where when using Fly the game crashes whenever you select Fuchsia, I tried three times and the moment it hovers over Fuchsia my game has crashed.

I'm not sure if this is a bug but I've also noticed Friendship evolutions seem unreasonably difficult in this fan game. My Buneary didn't evolve until about level 52 and my Riolu, who has never fainted and carried the Soothe Bell around a lot, is almost level 60 and hasn't evolved yet (And it has been during the Day).

This last one is just a request to make some of the starters obtainable earlier in the game. Rowlet is my favorite Pokemon and it's a shame I can't get him until Post-Koga, but this is minor.

It'd also be nice if you could perhaps include an Item Location document, just beat Sabrina and for the life of me haven't been able to find a Metal Coat to evolve my Scyther.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Thought i'd mention that if you jump over this ledge here, you end up trapped. Also, I have another suggestion, perhaps make it possible to farm for Nuggets, pearls etc by using rock smash on rocks? I have passed through Pewter city, but I am yet to find the Mint shop anywhere.

Edit: The move smog seems to crash my game for some reason.
    Edit 2: I met the Hyper Training guy at Cerulean, and I had a bottle cap on me. I first interacted with him, and he showed me a screen of the stats I could max out. I pressed X by accident, and he still took my bottle cap despite, did not hyper train any stat, and then claimed that he has.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-02 at 18.34.05_271d16a5.jpgSMog.jpg

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Loving the game so far! I'm so happy to see a fan game using the graphics of S/G/C as those were the first games I ever owned, it's been a nostalgia trip. Wanted to extend my thanks for the great experience I've had so far!

I've found a bug I'm not sure has been patched where when using Fly the game crashes whenever you select Fuchsia, I tried three times and the moment it hovers over Fuchsia my game has crashed.

I'm not sure if this is a bug but I've also noticed Friendship evolutions seem unreasonably difficult in this fan game. My Buneary didn't evolve until about level 52 and my Riolu, who has never fainted and carried the Soothe Bell around a lot, is almost level 60 and hasn't evolved yet (And it has been during the Day).

This last one is just a request to make some of the starters obtainable earlier in the game. Rowlet is my favorite Pokemon and it's a shame I can't get him until Post-Koga, but this is minor.

It'd also be nice if you could perhaps include an Item Location document, just beat Sabrina and for the life of me haven't been able to find a Metal Coat to evolve my Scyther.
    I wasn't aware of the crash when flying to Fuschia, so I'll look into that for sure, thank you!

I haven't made any changes to the hapiness evolution requirements. They should match the ones from the official games, but I never checked on them, so maybe they do need an easier requirement.

The first 3 generation starters are accessable very early on and I didn't want to over do it. With so many Pokemon to locate, I tried to give everyone a location that made sense to find them in, and still keep with some balance. I might be able to make some additional areas for the starters to get them earlier if sought out.

Ah, metal coat can still be found on wild Magnemite in the Power Plant, as well as in the underground area of the Safari Zone as a pickup.
    I can put together a text document for the item locations to make finding them easier.

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Sorry for posting so much, but may I please know where I can get my hands on an eviolite?
    Don't worry about it! If you bring cut to Pallet Town, you can access route 21 and it's hidden on a stump.

Thought i'd mention that if you jump over this ledge here, you end up trapped. Also, I have another suggestion, perhaps make it possible to farm for Nuggets, pearls etc by using rock smash on rocks? I have passed through Pewter city, but I am yet to find the Mint shop anywhere.

Edit: The move smog seems to crash my game for some reason.
    Edit 2: I met the Hyper Training guy at Cerulean, and I had a bottle cap on me. I first interacted with him, and he showed me a screen of the stats I could max out. I pressed X by accident, and he still took my bottle cap despite, did not hyper train any stat, and then claimed that he has.

View attachment 153628View attachment 153629
    I'll fix the ledge there, it seems they don't like the cliff edges touching them, even though they shouldn't be passable. Apologies for the battle crash, try checking if you can update your graphics driver and it should fix it. If not, turning off battle animations in the options can bypass it. The mega surfaces error has to do with large tilesets in RPG maker.

Update on the Fly crash: I've narrowed it down to the game not liking you selecting a fly location you haven't been to yet. Supposedly, Pokémon Essentials should have Fly programmed to just not let you select those locations, but the GSC kit uses slightly different code. I'm trying to find where exactly the script is having issues, but not having the best luck so far.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Update on the Fly crash: I've narrowed it down to the game not liking you selecting a fly location you haven't been to yet. Supposedly, Pokémon Essentials should have Fly programmed to just not let you select those locations, but the GSC kit uses slightly different code. I'm trying to find where exactly the script is having issues, but not having the best luck so far.
    Strange, I'd already been to Fuchsia since I needed to go there before getting Fly. I just pulled out a Murkrow from my box, taught it fly and the game kept crashing. However, I just tried teaching my Charizard Fly and Fuchsia now seems fine. It must not have been marked as a Pokemon Center I'd been too, now it crashes only with Cinnabar which I haven't been to yet as you said.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Is there the possibility of a speedup feature being implemented in the future?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Regarding the Modest Mint, after updating to 1.3, I was able to buy it from the farm correctly, but the item itself lacks the "Use" option. I can only Give or Toss it.

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Is there the possibility of a speedup feature being implemented in the future?
    It's already a feature in the game. Pressing the Alt button will cycle through the speed up modes. I now realize it's not listed in the controls, I'll add it to the features list.

Regarding the Modest Mint, after updating to 1.3, I was able to buy it from the farm correctly, but the item itself lacks the "Use" option. I can only Give or Toss it.
    You're right, there was a typo in the script for the item lol I fixed it and it'll be working in the next update coming soon.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    It's already a feature in the game. Pressing the Alt button will cycle through the speed up modes. I now realize it's not listed in the controls, I'll add it to the features list.

You're right, there was a typo in the script for the item lol I fixed it and it'll be working in the next update coming soon.
    My apologies I looked around and couldnt find anything!

Really loving this so far thank you for sharing!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Really loving the game so far! The difficulty was not over the top, and is actually quite wel balanced. Really digging the developed sprites for new gen mons. May I please suggest you get give the nega evolution sprites for the starter trio st least in the next update? Also, when does Charizard learn Dragon Dance, and where can I catch newer gen grass type Pokemon barring Treecko? Thank you!

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    My apologies I looked around and couldnt find anything!

Really loving this so far thank you for sharing!
    No need to apologize! I'm glad you brought it up, and are enjoying the game!

Really loving the game so far! The difficulty was not over the top, and is actually quite wel balanced. Really digging the developed sprites for new gen mons. May I please suggest you get give the nega evolution sprites for the starter trio st least in the next update? Also, when does Charizard learn Dragon Dance, and where can I catch newer gen grass type Pokemon barring Treecko? Thank you!
    For some reason the game doesn't have a form change for the back sprites when mega evolving. I have one in there for Charizard, and it never changes to it.

Looks like for gen 8, Dragon Dance was a TM move it could learn. So it's probably not part of his level up moveset. I'm working on some balance changes for some Pokemon atm, I could add that for him as a move learner move.

Just about every starter can be found in the Safari Zone. Some of them can be found in the routes around Fuschia, like 15, 18, 19, 21

Back