• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokémon Red★ and Blue★: Space World Edition - Updated November 1, 2020!

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Here's a further update: the Town Map splits the name into two lines, making room for the border graphics like the Japanese version. Also, a broken sign in Vermilion City was fixed.

Ve9o3dR.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
...and a bugfix update, because I forgot to edit the Pokédex Area text to fit in the new Town Map.

P9qmCbB.png

CadmiumRED

Johto Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Is there a possibility that you can implement infinite use of TMs? I was bummed out to see that the TMs are still a one-use only item still.. guess I'm spoiled from future gens lol.
So far this hack is excellent. I've beaten Vermilion City's gym so far and can't wait to see how the rest of the game looks.

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Is there a possibility that you can implement infinite use of TMs? I was bummed out to see that the TMs are still a one-use only item still.. guess I'm spoiled from future gens lol.
So far this hack is excellent. I've beaten Vermilion City's gym so far and can't wait to see how the rest of the game looks.

For latest-gen mechanical improvements, you'd probably prefer Red++.

CadmiumRED

Johto Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Doesn't look like my cup of tea, as I honestly prefer the Super Game Boy color scheme for Gen 1/Gen 2-alpha/beta era over the finalized Gen 2 GBC color scheme.
Would there be any possibility to implement multiple use of TMs in the future for this hack at all? Or am I to resort to the Missingno. glitch to make multiple items?
Also, are HM moves removable? I haven't tested this yet.

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Doesn't look like my cup of tea, as I honestly prefer the Super Game Boy color scheme for Gen 1/Gen 2-alpha/beta era over the finalized Gen 2 GBC color scheme.
Would there be any possibility to implement multiple use of TMs in the future for this hack at all? Or am I to resort to the Missingno. glitch to make multiple items?
Also, are HM moves removable? I haven't tested this yet.

All features are documented here.

CadmiumRED

Johto Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I saw some other sprites that might pique interest from other early builds of Gold.

PM2F_012.png
PM2F_117.png
PM2F_126.png
PM2F_128.png
PM2F_146.png

GS_990613_pokemon_back_065.png
GS_990613_pokemon_back_117.png

PM2F_020.CBB.w128.png
PM2F_096.CBB.w128.png
PM2F_106.CBB.w128.png
PM2F_131.CBB.w128.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Do we really have to do the Mew glitch to get it? Or that was just a joke?

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Do we really have to do the Mew glitch to get it? Or that was just a joke?

Not a joke. I appreciate the coincidence of an early-game trainer with just the right team, who can walk up to you so the Trainer Fly[/Teleport/Dig] glitch works, right next to grass where you can catch an Abra with Teleport. And if you use Growl to get a level 1 Mew, experience underflow can make it level 100. It can be anything from an HM slave to a cheap way to beat the game.

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
All the Nintendo leaks this year have provided material for another Red★/Blue★ update! I've added a debug menu similar to the one from BLUEMONS.GB. Just press Select at the title screen.

• Noclip will start a new game that has some debugging effects when you hold B. In addition to Running Shoes, it will disable wild encounters, trainer battles, Safari Game steps, and some rival encounters; and it will let you walk through walls ("noclip") including out of bounds.
  • Debug will start a new game that has debugging effects, and also unlock most of the game right away. You'll get a strong party, some good items, ¥999,999, and seven badges. It will also skip the early events up until after you get the starter and Pokédex.

(This update also uses the Prof. Oak sprite from SW97, which I had missed until now.)

SMzZoKT.png

Check out the top post for patch download links!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Yo, this one is pretty good, Many thanks for it but can you please add any of these?
Infinite TMs
Messages when a box is full.
PACK back to ITEM on the start screen to keep parity with battle screen
Boy\Girl selection with Green\Leaf
NPC that gives you the GF 22796 Mew after you beat the game.
Fix for the 1\256 miss chance bug
And a optional that undoes the SGB pallete\border changes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 2, 2021
Easily the best red/blue hack
I just love the aesthetics it really takes me back.
Thanks for your hard work and know that it's appreciated! :)

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Hey, thanks for this beautiful hack it's really appreciated. I'm only having an issue trying to "make" the latest update with Cygwin, the process invariably failing with this error message :

ERROR: main.asm(14) -> home.asm(4351) -> home.asm::print_digit(4334):
syntax error
error: Assembly aborted (1 errors)!
make: *** [Makefile:52: main_red.o] Error 1

I have the latest version of rgbds and followed the intructions provided there https://reliccastle.com/resources/246/ and on the install.md file so I don't know what the issue here. Previous build I had installed months ago was working fine.

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I have the latest version of rgbds and followed the intructions provided there https://reliccastle.com/resources/246/ and on the install.md file so I don't know what the issue here. Previous build I had installed months ago was working fine.

INSTALL.md says to use 0.3.8. Four releases of rgbds since then have made backwards-incompatible changes.

Put the 0.3.8 exes/dlls in a folder named "rgbds" iside the redstarbluestar directory; then 'make' will use them to build.

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Oh right my bad, I shouldn't have been assuming things about dev wizardry haha. Works fine now, thanks for the support !

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
Hello there, just wanting to say I'm using this romhack to do a time warp challenge. So far I liked the QoL improvements and the new sprites. Overall the game's wild Pokémon and trainers remain sort of the same, although I did not look too much the movesets of Gym Leaders since I play with speed triggered on emulator. It really is fun to try Pokémon I don't usually use for a chalenge, so I'll keep updated with the final team once I beat the Elite 4 :)

Cheers!

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
Years
Hi there! :)

I tried and played your game to the very end! I loved it, and it's very well done! ;) However, I only played the Blue version one, and i won't play the Red one, coz I believe it's the fully same thing in general!

Here's what I liked:
- The new sprites of many Pokémon and many trainers.
- The new textures on the map! I really loved the Power Plant one, it looked so a space-like place for studying space (which inspire the name's game)! Awesome! :) I love space too! ;)
- The fact that trainers have names.
- The fact that we can see if we caught a certain Pokémon thanks to the ball appering beside their name in battle, like since Gen 2! It's a really nice and convenient feature that should have been in the originals! ;)
- The In-game trades were all different, and great too! ;)
- Some Gyms and the Elite 4 were slightly better and harder! It was a good challenge for the league, even though they had the same Pokémon, but i see many have better movesets than the originals! ;)
- The introduction of the Heart Stone for evolving in-game Pokémon. It's useful for those who don't have TGB DUAL, but since I use it, it wasn't necessary, but it's a cool feature. And since we can't trade items with GEN 1, it's really opkay, coz if ot were in Gen 2, i would not have liked this... (A glitched item in a orginal game if you trade it, i don't want that!)
- The fact that we can get both fossils in the game, and all the starters too! It's was awesome, a really nice bonus! i was surprised to see this!
- Some Pokémon have improved movests, like Pikachu and Eevee, but that's probably only those two in general...
- The fact that Charizard can learn Fly via HM02! Seriously, it should have been this way since the very beginning!
- The fact that there are no new Pokémon or new moves! Yes, for me, i really like this, coz I trade with many games by using TGB DUAL, icluding orginal games, and i don't want glitched Pokémon or glitched moves!

Here's what I liked less, or that maked me bored during I played:
- All the texts and dialogs were mostly (98%) the same as the originals...
- Many (like 98%) of the trainers are exactly the same as the originals, with their same Pokémon and level again... :'(
- We can't buy TMs in marts, and the one sold are exactly the same as the originals (Some are bad, like TM37...) :'(
- All marts are the same too!
- Pokémon movesets are mostly the same again, with no new moves at Level 1 (I mean, there should have been moves, all still from Gen 1, but taken from future generations movesets (like Gastly with Smog or Growlithe with Double Kick for example) would have been so cool! But then, it wasn't in ths game, sadly!) :'(
- Some Pokémon still can't learn TM that they normally learn in later generations. (Well, in the originals, it was this way too, like Rock Slide (TM48), Earthquake (TM26) or Dig (TM28)...)

Bref, your game is really good in general! You have done a very great job with the sprites and maps, as well with the nice bonuses that at least suprised me. But, the fact the trainers and texts are mostly the same as the originals is what maked me boring in the long run, coz i know the original games by heart (par coeur in french!), and "une chance" that i speeded my game play for finishing it in 3 days. However, I'll keep this game in my games folder,s so I plan to play it again, coz it's like playing the originals in a new way, an new look, and sometimes, i maked me remember Yellow or Fire Red versions, and it's not a bad thing! :)

Good luck in your next projects, if you have some! ;)

Take care of yourself too! :) ;)

Back