• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Great so far i just personally dislike overleveling my opponents

I'll try to avoid that in Broken Timeline.

Are you gonna implement the physical/special split in your games?

It's implemented for BT right now, yet I'm not really certain if it's working or not. I guess I'll leave the testing to the beta testers when a beta is ready for testing. =/

when you say updated sprites, do you mean D/P/Pt sprites?

It was RPD490 who made the sprite updates. I believe he used Chaos Rush's sprite resource in the Pixel Art section.

Are all the new moves from gen 4-6 in BT?

Nope. Not all will be in the game.

Are the power, accuracy, and PP of old moves updated as well?

Some. I don't think I can update Growth's new effect with Ruby though.

Is the type match-up updated to gen 6, like Fairy's interactions with other types and the nerfs to Steel?

Fairy is added, yesh, as well as its strength and weakness. And I don't think I'll nerf Steel's effectiveness table, unless pipz want me to. =/

Is there a Day Care in game?

Of course. But I think a Daycare center is still too early to be accessed in Broken Timeline.
    There's no Daycare Center in RoL and in RR, however...

Is it possible to de-capitalized the type names and change to how they are shown in later generations (example: FIRE -> Fire, PSYCHC -> Psychic, FIGHT -> Fighting, etc.) ?

I think I already did that during battles on BT.

Something's been my mind for a while. Gravetone's shiny rate is the same as everything else right? I mean, how could it be different? I'm wondering because I recently noticed some Let's Player or something found a shiny Gravetone. As I've said before, I found one a while back too. Is it just a coincidence? Or is some glitch going on Shadow Valley like Bug Forest in RoL? Also, just out of curiousity, is Shadow Valley the only place to find Gravetone, or can it be found in the cave leading to it? Since Shadow Valley is closed off later, I'm curious if that means Gravetone is limited or not.

Coincidence, I believe, since I am certain that the only shiny encounter chance rate that I ever did on LoG was Gabrieleon's. You have a 50% chance of encountering his shiny form.

And yesh, I think that Gravetone can only be found there. =/

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Sweet! That means my shiny is fair and exclusive! :)

Another question randomly came to mind. Remember those four guardian whatsits in RR that turned out to be stolen property that wasn't your fault so the creator let you use them for that game only? Were the names and personality that guy's property too, or could you reimplimemt the characters if you redesign them, kind of like how you redesigned Angealen and Devihel?

dragon__tamer

the elder of dragon's den
    Years
  • Hi dig
    Is the four dragons and shadow in this game?
    I have an idea
    Remember breathrena and deazone
    You can do them like felinar and cresselia
    I think deazone(or devihell) can be the other form of yveltal and
    Breathrena(or angeallen) the other form of xerneas
    Its just an idea
    Hope it helps

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    I have a question about Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends (I know it's an old game). I just got the sixth badge and am unsure of where to go next? I can't seem to find a walkthrough to give me directions...

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I have a question about Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends (I know it's an old game). I just got the sixth badge and am unsure of where to go next? I can't seem to find a walkthrough to give me directions...

6th badge is from Downpour Town, right?
    Head south from Monatami Town. There should be a small island there with trees. Enter that little forest called BEE WOODS (how original...) and continue your journey~

Hi dig
    Is the four dragons and shadow in this game?
    I have an idea
    Remember breathrena and deazone
    You can do them like felinar and cresselia
    I think deazone(or devihell) can be the other form of yveltal and
    Breathrena(or angeallen) the other form of xerneas
    Its just an idea
    Hope it helps

The four dragon gods are in the 4th game, yesh.
    It's a good idea, but no, Yveltal and Xerneas won't be the alternate forms of Deazone and Breatherna.

Another question randomly came to mind. Remember those four guardian whatsits in RR that turned out to be stolen property that wasn't your fault so the creator let you use them for that game only? Were the names and personality that guy's property too, or could you reimplimemt the characters if you redesign them, kind of like how you redesigned Angealen and Devihel?

Their personalities were mine. And I'd like to bring them back if I could find spriters for the job. =/

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Thank you very much! But how do I get back to Monatami City from the other island? Mr. Briney is no longer in his cottage and can't take me there. Did I miss a connecting Surf Route in the game?

Years
  • DJG, looking at v3 of RoL, I see some of the Hoenn Pokemon sprites are still their R/S version and not the updated ones. Are you sure you used the updated patch I sent you had every sprite changed, cuz the recent one I sent you was the one with all the Hoenn ones changed since Chaos completed his resource, like Skitty and Delcatty and Absol are still Gen III style and not Gen IV/V style.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    DJG, looking at v3 of RoL, I see some of the Hoenn Pokemon sprites are still their R/S version and not the updated ones. Are you sure you used the updated patch I sent you had every sprite changed, cuz the recent one I sent you was the one with all the Hoenn ones changed since Chaos completed his resource, like Skitty and Delcatty and Absol are still Gen III style and not Gen IV/V style.

Yesh, I did use the patch you sent me.
    I PM'ed you the details. ;)

Thank you very much! But how do I get back to Monatami City from the other island? Mr. Briney is no longer in his cottage and can't take me there. Did I miss a connecting Surf Route in the game?

Head to Polaris Town, and surf right, right, right, right, right, aaannnddd there you go. :P

Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

Ahem, anyway, for everyone, I have good news, slightly good news and bad news.

First, the good news~
    Part 5 of 5 is almost done. Only one more map and one more event, and Chapter 1 will finally be done. YAY ^^

And then the bad news~
    My home PC died yesterday. What this means is that I no longer have a computer to use for hacking. Life is suck a troll, no? :(

But wait, there's a slightly good news, too!
    I was able to save my latest ROM on my flashdrive before my pc died, and I managed to make 'some' progress with my mom's laptop.
    I don't know if I can use her laptop later this weekend though, but if she'll let me, then that'd be great. ^^

Anyway, after everything is done, I'll do an alpha test, to see if all events are working as intended. After that, beta testers will beta test the game, and then I'll do some tweaking here and there, and finally, a public beta~

...yey?

Last edited:

dragon__tamer

the elder of dragon's den
    Years
  • hi
    hmm, can zygarde be the guardian of earth (or maybe the guardin of core) and be the rival of rayquaza andone ofthe dragon gods?
    i have another question
    can all of the legendaries from 1st to 6th generation be in this game?
    (i mean more the dragon legendaries like latios,latias,dialga,palkia,zekrom,reshiram,kyurem...)
    another question
    can you change some types of some pokemon?
    like gyrados, its water flying but cant learn fly,water dragon is more better than water flying
    when comes out the beta?
    thank you very much

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • Yesh, I did use the patch you sent me.
    I PM'ed you the details. ;)

Head to Polaris Town, and surf right, right, right, right, right, aaannnddd there you go. :P

Ahem, anyway, for everyone, I have good news, slightly good news and bad news.

First, the good news~
    Part 5 of 5 is almost done. Only one more map and one more event, and Chapter 1 will finally be done. YAY ^^

And then the bad news~
    My home PC died yesterday. What this means is that I no longer have a computer to use for hacking. Life is suck a troll, no? :(

But wait, there's a slightly good news, too!
    I was able to save my latest ROM on my flashdrive before my pc died, and I managed to make 'some' progress with my mom's laptop.
    I don't know if I can use her laptop later this weekend though, but if she'll let me, then that'd be great. ^^

Anyway, after everything is done, I'll do an alpha test, to see if all events are working as intended. After that, beta testers will beta test the game, and then I'll do some tweaking here and there, and finally, a public beta~

...yey?
    DJG,is there still a spot for Beta Testers i'm Just Asking??

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Quite curious on that too, how do you choose someone to be a beta tester?

I'm thinking of a Hunter Games style method. Hm...

DJG,is there still a spot for Beta Testers i'm Just Asking??

Mehbeh... Just wait for when I'll be hiring some.

hmm, can zygarde be the guardian of earth (or maybe the guardin of core) and be the rival of rayquaza andone ofthe dragon gods?

Depends. I haven't gotten that far into the story yet.

i have another question
    can all of the legendaries from 1st to 6th generation be in this game?
    (i mean more the dragon legendaries like latios,latias,dialga,palkia,zekrom,reshiram,kyurem...)

Nope. Not enough room. Unless I can finally add more PKMN without problems.

another question
    can you change some types of some pokemon?
    like gyrados, its water flying but cant learn fly,water dragon is more better than water flying

Only type changes I'm doing are for those who now are Fairy types.

when comes out the beta?

Soon. Later. Not sure.
    It's against the rules to even ask when a beta's available anyway~

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    Will the starters be different from LoG to keep things fresh?
    Are badges still 'badges', or are they symbols/medals/whatever you name them?
    Will we finally get to Dive after two games of not being able to do so? (not sure about RoL, sorry :P)

Years
  • Will the starters be different from LoG to keep things fresh?
    Will we finally get to Dive after two games of not being able to do so? (not sure about RoL, sorry :P)

Well the game's setting is in Kanto, you think its gonna be odd to have a starter that isn't a Kanto starter...in Kanto? XD

If this was in a new region, then I would understand having different starters, but if we are in Kanto, we have to have a Kanto starter XD

Years
  • I don't see why it would be odd, looking at Reign of Legends.

Well RoL was DJG's early start in hacking so it was basically Ruby with different characters and region, so he prolly didn't have the experience he has now when he made so that was why all the Pokedex entries for the Gen IV Pokemon and their cries weren't changed, and why the sprites at the time, I'm gonna be honest, was good back then, but seeing how many tools there is to hack Gen III and how easy it is to add sprites in, specially the Pokemon sprites, seeing the old sprites now just look god awful, even DJG admits the sprites he used were crap XD Thank God for Chaos Rush and his DS Pokemon Sprite resource that changed.

But yeah can't really say much about RoL since it had Gen IV Pokemon in it too but was basically Pokemon Ruby with different characters and region XD

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Well RoL was DJG's early start in hacking so it was basically Ruby with different characters and region, so he prolly didn't have the experience he has now when he made so that was why all the Pokedex entries for the Gen IV Pokemon and their cries weren't changed, and why the sprites at the time, I'm gonna be honest, was good back then, but seeing how many tools there is to hack Gen III and how easy it is to add sprites in, specially the Pokemon sprites, seeing the old sprites now just look god awful, even DJG admits the sprites he used were crap XD Thank God for Chaos Rush and his DS Pokemon Sprite resource that changed.

But yeah can't really say much about RoL since it had Gen IV Pokemon in it too but was basically Pokemon Ruby with different characters and region XD
    Maybe, but LoG, one of his latest hacks, used Kanto pokemon as well, despite there actually having been new Pokemon introduced in LoG. I don't really see a reason Kanto can't do the same with Pokemon from other regions.

Years
  • Well since he is adding Gen VI Pokemon, maybe the player can start with the Kalos starters and then receive the Kanto Starters similar to how they are obtained in Yellow.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Will the starters be different from LoG to keep things fresh?

Yep.

They're called badges in this hack. Because laziness~

Mehbeh~ I'm still pretty darn early in the development in the game though. So who knows?
    (By the God of Laziness, I hope I'm not going to use Dive in this game! I hate mapping underwater...maps! >.>)

Will the "Pink Rock-Thingy" be making a return in broken timeline?

Maybe later if more progress is made. But for now, I don't think that 'pink rock thing' is needed since I doubt the players will get lost this early in the game. :P
    And I don't want to be stuck inside that pink rock thing again! >:/

Well since he is adding Gen VI Pokemon, maybe the player can start with the Kalos starters and then receive the Kanto Starters similar to how they are obtained in Yellow.

As much as I love to have Fenny in the game, no, Kalos starters aren't in the game. Maybe I'll add them when I figure out how to properly add new Pokémon without replacing old ones. =/

Back