• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

Years
  • well about the grass type starter worries... at hevah at least it was not so hard.
    just grinded up to lvl 17 to evolve into servine, then i went to gym. with only one pokemon yeah. and it went like this:
    growth x3 > fresh water> growth x2 >1HKO everything with leaf tornado

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    Glad April is coming

And as for destinedjagold he said that log would be the last game but he has to make another game of ruby destiny he's like "THE SHOW MUST GO ON."

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • Hey Jagold. I was wondering, how did you make it so there's five regions in the game? I'd like to try something like that sometime in the future.

Years
  • Hey Jagold. I was wondering, how did you make it so there's five regions in the game? I'd like to try something like that sometime in the future.

The one where you select the region on where you start?
    destinedjagold answer this! We must know what kind of sorcery you're doing.
    xD

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    And as for destinedjagold he said that log would be the last game but he has to make another game of ruby destiny he's like "THE SHOW MUST GO ON."

LoG was supposed to be the last game of the series. Broken Timeline was supposed to be a small game for a contest I wanted to participate, but due to limited time, I wasn't able to participate. And since I already started creating BT, why not just finish it? ^^

Hey Jagold. I was wondering, how did you make it so there's five regions in the game? I'd like to try something like that sometime in the future.

That was just a map. You can even look at it through Advance Map. It's nothing fancy. xD

I played through Rescue Rangers and it was great! The puzzles at the end were pretty hard though. I had to look up a video on how to complete them. :D

Yeah, those puzzles. I actually forgot about those and couldn't believe I made those puzzles. o.o
    I miss having too much free time... D:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • The one where you select the region on where you start?
    destinedjagold answer this! We must know what kind of sorcery you're doing.
    xD

I don't claim to represent DJG or this game, but from my basic knowledge of scripting, I'm guessing it's simply a warp destination choice. Each YES/NO question can define which map you're warped to. Since the choices loop, the YES/NO thing settles eventually. The entire house scene is scripted without a break, so I imagine that's the same map no matter the choice, but the following warp upon exit is the one affected by the choice. Let's not forget nothing internal defines a region, (at least not this case) its all just maps. It's easy to define what a region is just by the map connections and what the story tells you.

Years
  • Played everything except crest, so far. i can say the game feels very nice, be it the aesthetically great tiles or the decapitalisation or the heavy plot from early (especially at Gento it went one step ahead from the other regions, putting again dark lugia event and such). Maybe planning for gento to have similar plot to RoL?

Poison type super effective vs water rocks. I always wanted it to be super effective vs fighting also (since its cliche that u poison a fighter before a tournament to reduce his performance).

Nice usage of the contest tab to display physical/special.

-----

A bit too much talking at some parts.

TMs not reusable.

The maps feel smaller than their original counterparts. You walk in a route and u re at next destination before u realise it. Very evident at Cherrygrove-->Violet. Feels like half of the normal route. (Though i would probably do the same if i was mapping for 5 different regions at the same time to develop the game faster.)

I guess at some laaater point the gyms will be made more complex inside eh?

Last edited:

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • LoG was supposed to be the last game of the series. Broken Timeline was supposed to be a small game for a contest I wanted to participate, but due to limited time, I wasn't able to participate. And since I already started creating BT, why not just finish it? ^^

That was just a map. You can even look at it through Advance Map. It's nothing fancy. xD

Yeah, those puzzles. I actually forgot about those and couldn't believe I made those puzzles. o.o
    I miss having too much free time... D:

Wow. Never thought that it'd be so easy to do. Another question: How did you get the space to have five regions in a GBA game?

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Wow. Never thought that it'd be so easy to do. Another question: How did you get the space to have five regions in a GBA game?

considering the way pokemon games design their maps (its just one image), look at GSC, Gameboy color with multiple regions

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Just some screenies~ I decided to map everything first before I do some scripting. :3

Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

A new Mineral Cave entrance in Bouquet Field, to train your grass-type or for you to catch a rock type~

...and some extra useless stuff~

Until next time~

Years
  • Just some screenies~ I decided to map everything first before I do some scripting. :3

A new Mineral Cave entrance in Bouquet Field, to train your grass-type or for you to catch a rock type~

Until next time~

Very, very nice!
    Looking forward for the next update, 1,000,000 years from now...xD
    Anyway, I like the idea of a new entrance in Mineral Cave...
    Sadly, I don't use grass types :D...

And, I'm guessing Windstring Town is in Crest??

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016

Until next time~
    How can a new town and forests be considered useless? At the very least, now there are more places for resting and catching. ^^

Unless they are intentionally made to be useless. In which case, why djg-san, WHY???

Back