• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Saiken (UPDATE! New Year's Eve. Happy 2015!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitsushiro

someone
Years
The running shoes were probably introduced because the proportion of the maps on the 3rd gen is bigger than the 1st/2nd. My maps are based on 3rd gen's proportions, so I think the running shoes fit. Is the animation so weird? I thought it was a bit fast, but nothing too serious. I'll change the Mom's script to give you a choice, take the running shoes or not. What do you think?

Yeah that makes sense. Maybe make it so that the player can go back to Mum and choose to take the running shoes, or give them back, if he changes his mind. Also, if you're able to change the running speed somehow (slow it down)... Oh, I didn't mind the way Coolboyman implemented running shoes into Prism. It looked like 'quick walking', wasn't too bad.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
I don't really mind the running shoes animation. It may seem a bit off just because the 3rd gen running animation has a quicker frame progression.
The "maybe you can turn it off" situation makes so sense to me - just don't push the B button, the original game has already made that easier for you.

Love the new screenies, and the music is absolutely amazing and fits the hack perfectly!

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
I don't really mind the running shoes animation. It may seem a bit off just because the 3rd gen running animation has a quicker frame progression.
The "maybe you can turn it off" situation makes so sense to me - just don't push the B button, the original game has already made that easier for you.

Love the new screenies, and the music is absolutely amazing and fits the hack perfectly!

I had another idea involving turning off the running shoes, but i'll keep it to myself until the idea is implemented. I'm sure everyone'll like it, at least the concept haha

Anyway, just a new screenshot today. I inserted cave tiles:

cea091c529.png

Not an actual map, it was made just to show pretty much all the cave tiles

That was what I primary needed. The only place that I needed to map in order to reach the 1st gym was the cave, so now I can start working on more late scripts, trainer battles and wild pokémon! In other words, we are more close to a beta release! (but don't expect a soon release, i work slowly)

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2015
This hack looks really nice so far. Liking the mesh of old graphics with a newer battle system.

On another note, that intro about piracy sounds sorta weird to me. Shouldn't it be profiteering since you don't want people to profit from selling illegal copies of this hack?

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
Vote for POKéMON: Saiken Version in the HotM vote here!

(It's against the rules for you to ask people to vote for your hack, but I don't see anything about someone letting people know about the vote, hehe...)

Haha, thanks. This really makes me happy, although mine will not win, since all the other hacks looks awesome too

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
The graphics looks good for a gsc game. I would look forward to its release. Looking good. Good luck, go for it

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
I'm pretty sure this has been said like a billion time, but hey why not say it again. I like the fact you're using old tile in the 3rd generation engine. Kinda make it feel like a Gold hack, but with more. I keep my eyes on this. Any who, good luck on this hack!

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
Music Update! Here we have the Route A music and the Wild Battle too!

Route A music composed by myself, and Wild Battle by Ikazvyr, a friend of mine that teamed with me to make Saiken's soundtrack.

Now, some explanation about the custom music: We plan to make the majority of the songs from scratch (Like these two), but we'll have some known songs too (from real life bands, other pokémon games, or even non-pokémon ones).

And since both of us are musicians, we decided to pay homage to some artists/compositors/specific songs we like! For example, if you pay attention, you can recognize part of Fade to Black by Metallica on the wild battle theme.

Hope you guys like it! Share your opinions, suggestions etc

Windsong

—the dream is dead
Years
Just awesome! I really love the music and your latest updates in general. I hope you continue to work on this hack to the high standard that you seem to be working at so far.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
Custom music? It sounds awesome! Definitely a game that I will play with sound. What other bands will you guys include?

Nothing planned yet, but we definitely will put some Dream Theater.

Thank you guys for the compliments! Today I have a graphic update.

I added some new tiles, not all of them are on the screenshot (Bench from GSC and tree stump revamped from Yellow).

cvkAnDe.png

And now battles are fully on GSC style!

seClq4t.png

Only these two screenshots for now, but I hope you guys like it. :)

Last edited:
Years
And now battles are fully on GSC style!

seClq4t.png

Only that two screenshots for now, but I hope you guys like it. :)

Nice work, and I'm sorry for being so Peeky, but are you gonna change the words "Fight, Bag, Pokémon, Run" to a more pixelated style?
It's not very important if you don't, but it'd certainly be cool if you did :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
Nice work, and I'm sorry for being so Peeky, but are you gonna change the words "Fight, Bag, Pokémon, Run" to a more pixelated style?
It's not very important if you don't, but it'd certainly be cool if you did :)

Not bad, but I would consider changing the font or something.

This was discussed earlier, and people said that the FRLG font somehow fits with the rest of the graphics. Maybe I could take out the shadows, but i'm not sure if it would look good.

But anyway, redoing the GSC font will require a lot of my time, and it's not a priority for the time being. Maybe in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back