• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Saiken (UPDATE! New Year's Eve. Happy 2015!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well, I finished the starter pokémon script some days ago (Sorry, I work slowly!), so we have around other 5 major scripts to do before a beta release. I still have no dates, though. So, update time!

Rushing things won't make them better anyway, take all the time you need!

I remade the sprites for the M/F heros and for the rival (Tried to keep a consistent style this time). I'm not entirely happy with them, so suggestions are welcome. I included the old ones on this post for comparison, with previous revisions of the Male trainer and the rival. What do you guys think?

I like the rival sprite.
As for the female hero sprite, I prefered the hair (forelock) of the old version, and her feet still look abit small idk.
And about the male hero sprite, maybe you could work around the hand holding the pokeball, it looks weird to me.

But that's only my opinion!

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
Thanks! Yeah, it reminds of SPEE a little, although i hope not too much haha

Yeah, day/night is planned! I'll probably start working on it around the time of the beta launch.

I should reply questions before making updates, i'm getting a little confused because I messed up everything. Oh, well.

Well, I finished the starter pokémon script some days ago (Sorry, I work slowly!), so we have around other 5 major scripts to do before a beta release. I still have no dates, though. So, update time!

8fff1f2618.PNG

I remade the sprites for the M/F heros and for the rival (Tried to keep a consistent style this time). I'm not entirely happy with them, so suggestions are welcome. I included the old ones on this post for comparison, with previous revisions of the Male trainer and the rival. What do you guys think?

Certainly an improvement over the first ones. Really glad you fixed the female player's leg, too

Also, I'm a bit curious, are you gonna remove the shadow from the text?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
Nice! Are you planning on changing the Trainer Card?

Yes, but it is not the priority right now. For a beta launch, it'll be the original FRLG one probably.

Rushing things won't make them better anyway, take all the time you need!

I like the rival sprite.
As for the female hero sprite, I prefered the hair (forelock) of the old version, and her feet still look abit small idk.
And about the male hero sprite, maybe you could work around the hand holding the pokeball, it looks weird to me.

But that's only my opinion!

I couldn't remade the hair's forelock without looking weird, since the head is smaller now. I preferred that way too :( About the male trainer hand: It looks fine to me, are you talking about his arm? maybe I could improve the shadowing on it.

Certainly an improvement over the first ones. Really glad you fixed the female player's leg, too

Also, I'm a bit curious, are you gonna remove the shadow from the text?

Yes, but like the trainer card, it is not the priority right now. But if I feel like it i'll remove it, since it is a really simple thing to do.

-

No updates today, just passing by to wish a MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you! Thanks for the support you are giving to me since the start of the thread, it really makes me happy :3c You guys rock!

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Aww, I liked how to old female hero looked in terms of how her legs were positioned (It gave off a cute kiddy feeling). Now she looks like she's gotta go to the washroom.
In contrast, the male hero looks great and confident (which I like :P).

Normally I don't like the low colored pals and low bit color schemes, but I find myself liking what you're doing here. I would comment on the story but I've been too lazy to read all of it :D

*Luxio//Hacks*

Creator of Sky Twilight + Sky Daylight?
Years
Hey buddy, I new here so I going to say this... I really loved this hack! I like we are going back to gen 2. Also, you have great features as well as the graphic.:)

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
Hello everybody! It's 12:44 PM here on Brazil, and the last day of the year! I wish to all of you an awesome 2015, you guys are amazing. To celebrate the new year's eve, here's another music update:

Battle!! Gym leader

Again composed by Ikazvyr (who composed the wild battle), we took an approach similar to the Kanto Legendary Battle Theme from XY. We plan to do the same for the majority of the "important" battle themes. What do you guys think? Can you spot all the references on the song?

progressive metal gym battle theme i'm in love with the music from my own hack

Also, the references on the cave theme are: Dark Cave/Ice Path from Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal (GBC) and Crocodile Cacophony from Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES). Stay tuned in 2015 for more updates, and eventually a beta!

*Luxio//Hacks*

Creator of Sky Twilight + Sky Daylight?
Years
Hello everybody! It's 12:44 PM here on Brazil, and the last day of the year! I wish to all of you an awesome 2015, you guys are amazing. To celebrate the new year's eve, here's another music update:

Battle!! Gym leader

Again composed by Ikazvyr (who composed the wild battle), we took an approach similar to the Kanto Legendary Battle Theme from XY. We plan to do the same for the majority of the "important" battle themes. What do you guys think? Can you spot all the references on the song?

progressive metal gym battle theme i'm in love with the music from my own hack

Also, the references on the cave theme are: Dark Cave/Ice Path from Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal (GBC) and Crocodile Cacophony from Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES). Stay tuned in 2015 for more updates, and eventually a beta!

WOW!!! ^^ Nice music! It's very epic. I can't wait for a beta. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back