• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Saiken (UPDATE! New Year's Eve. Happy 2015!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
Thanks!

Haha, i'm glad you are happy. Nothing too big I guess, but yeah, we have lots of updates! I will post them little by little though, because then we'll have weekly updates if possible.

Well, for start... Let's take a look on the cave theme, shall we?

Can you guys spot the references?

Well i've found the GSC Reference but there is an incredibly familliar sound which i can't recognize

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
I keep hearing what I want to hear lol, which sounds like one of the dungeon themes from LoZ Wind Waker, and then I keep hearing the chorus of a System Of A Down song..

I just can't see myself being correct on that one. But I love the sound of it!

Regardless, great work! With each piece of information gained I love this project more and more! Keep up the amazing work! :)

Haha, not even close, but cool guesses.

Hey this hack sounds really cool. The 8 bit music sound good especially the wild battle music. That being said, Do you need any help with the music? If you want, I can help you. What program do you use to make the songs?

We don't need help with music at the moment, and probably we won't need since music is one of our talents haha
I use FL Studio to do the music, and my partner uses Guitar Pro. Some tweaks like looping are made with Anvil Studio.

There's obviously some parts of Dark Cave in that song. Other than that, I can't really guess.

though the dark cave ref brings back memories

Well i've found the GSC Reference but there is an incredibly familliar sound which i can't recognize

Yeah, i'm glad you guys recognized Dark Cave/Ice Path on it! Should I tell you what the other reference is or should I let you do more guesses? Tip: It is from an SNES game.

I got some new screenshots for you:

35455298c4.PNG
c9125a4b1e.PNG

This place is called Swampyard. Wild encounters occurs both on grass and water.

spooky

9d396594ee.PNG

I love BW2 repel system.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
Haha, not even close, but cool guesses.
Lol thanks. Like I said, I was hearing what I wanted to hear, and those were on my mind when I was listening haha.
I got some new screenshots for you:

35455298c4.PNG
c9125a4b1e.PNG

This place is called Swampyard. Wild encounters occurs both on grass and water.

spooky

I'm liking the look of this area! I've never seen a swamp like this before, so it should be interesting to see what lies within, and beyond!
9d396594ee.PNG

I love BW2 repel system.
As do I.. As do I...

I typically don't like the newer generation's features but that BW2 repel system is just awesome. Saves me a lot of time when I'm trying to run through earlier areas later in the game (when I forget to leave a spot on my team for something that can learn Fly lol.) Or when I'm trying to get to a specific area far from cities. (Power Plant Gen I; Final Battle Gen II; et cetera) So thank you very much for including this feature!

Still very much looking forward to testing this, and thanks to you I know what to focus my efforts on to be of aid! Keep us posted, and keep up the great work! I'm stoked by each update!

phazonruler

veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 12, 2019
Cool, if you change your mind you can always message me. I'll be looking foward to hearing you guys' future music! BTW I use Musescore. It's better for me since it I can't really picture making music without notating it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
Update, guys!

Here, you can see the female trainer backsprite in action:

39abffebd2.gif

Also changed the BOY/GIRL thing. It's not as simple as it looks! It took me a lot of effort to do it, but at least I learned a few new things haha

fa4ee00eb2.PNG

And here it is a picture of the 1st Gym:

256a63fff6.PNG

The Gym Leader uses Bug Pokémon.

Let me know what you think!

Years
Update, guys!

Here, you can see the female trainer backsprite in action:

39abffebd2.gif

Also changed the BOY/GIRL thing. It's not as simple as it looks! It took me a lot of effort to do it, but at least I learned a few new things haha

fa4ee00eb2.PNG

And here it is a picture of the 1st Gym:

256a63fff6.PNG

The Gym Leader uses Bug Pokémon.

Let me know what you think!

yeah! This is a bridge with trees in the background? F*cking awesome! A brilliant idea, this hack me of nostalgia, think about playing a similar game with C / S / G, with news of FR / LG / R / S / E makes me very excited, I can already feel the nostalgia running in their veins ! sprites are beautiful! and the title screen to choose between a boy or girl, wow is identia the C / S / G! how much nostalgia! I can not wait for the release XD

google translator

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
yeah! This is a bridge with trees in the background? F*cking awesome! A brilliant idea, this hack me of nostalgia, think about playing a similar game with C / S / G, with news of FR / LG / R / S / E makes me very excited, I can already feel the nostalgia running in their veins !

yes it is!

and not only features from Gen III, but from Gens IV, V an VI, like the BW2 repel system. :) I'm very happy that my hack makes you feel nostalgic, as I intended.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
I think, this is just a very minor thing, that it would look a bit better if you changed the angle of the female protagonist's foot to more closely match the angle of Lyra's foot (the sprite you based her off of), pointing downward instead of inward.

Otherwise I like a lot and will play, although you have a grammar error. 'I heard he doesn't lose a pokemon battle in years' should be 'I heard he hasn't lost a pokemon battle in years' or 'He doesn't lose pokemon battles, it's unheard of!'

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
This really looks great! It kinda reminds me of SPEE except its a hack but it uses the same tiles :)
Really i like the custom sprites and tiles it looks really good and im glad to see a large amount of pokemon in it.
Really idk how i missed this but im gonna add this to my list of supporting hacks.

Years
To be honest...the title "债券" seems really wired to me... (I'm a Chinese and I know some Japanese)
"债券" means a certificate of debt all the time in both Chinese and Japanese. So I thought this hack is about finance or something when I saw the title...
I think the word "羁绊" (Kihann) is much better. It means the strong connection between people and sounds pretty cool. (This word was used many times in NARUTO...)
I apologize if you feel unhappy that I comment on your hack's title.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
To be honest...the title "债券" seems really wired to me... (I'm a Chinese and I know some Japanese)
"债券" means a certificate of debt all the time in both Chinese and Japanese. So I thought this hack is about finance or something when I saw the title...
I think the word "羁绊" (Kihann) is much better. It means the strong connection between people and sounds pretty cool. (This word was used many times in NARUTO...)
I apologize if you feel unhappy that I comment on your hack's title.

This is really interesting! Thanks for telling me. I actually am thinking in changing the name of the hack for something in english, because I think the japanese title makes people avoid it. Not sure yet, though

Years
why lower the quality of graphics? why? WHY? WHYY?? :(

Because it's awesome and unusual and it's nostalgic!

@joltjolteon

I love what you're doing, the graphics, the music, everything is good.
GSC is the game generation I grew up with. Bringing back their graphics with some twists and having the RSE features aswell as other even more recent features is just amazing, this might become my favorite hack ever.

I have one question : will you implement day/night graphics? I'm talking about the windows that light up at night, like in the actual gsc games.

Anyway good luck with this!

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
True it represents GSC games a bit, but which game would you prefer? GSC or HGSS?
I mean, all the new remakes are always better graphiced. And I really really like graphics, its a very important aspect.
Everything else is really good.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
why lower the quality of graphics? why? WHY? WHYY?? :(

8-bit graphics does not mean lower quality.

Gen II's graphics are just as good as, if not better than Gen IV's graphics.
I find this hack unique and better due to the 8-Bit Graphics.
If it was Gen III or Gen IV styled graphics, it would be like every other hack here in graphics terms.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
True it represents GSC games a bit, but which game would you prefer? GSC or HGSS?

GSC! A Remake isn't necessarily better than the original games. I find Mega Man Maverick Hunter X as good as the original SNES Mega Man X, and FRLG better than RGBY, etc etc. I still have to play ORAS to give a solid opinion about it. This is a matter of opinion, which one is better is relative.

About lowering the graphics, jessicakill and .//HackZoroark//. already gave perfect answers on my place. I hope it doesn't refrain you from playing my game!

--------

As I speak, i'm working on the scripts:

cac513e407.PNG

I'm replacing the old ones with more polished versions of them, and doing totally new ones too.

Years
That screenshot reads really unnaturally in my opinion. Perhaps "This is rare Pokémon is known as Ralts. Cool, huh?" or something along those lines - there are too many commas and weird syntaxes there at the moment.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
That screenshot reads really unnaturally in my opinion. Perhaps "This is rare Pokémon is known as Ralts. Cool, huh?" or something along those lines - there are too many commas and weird syntaxes there at the moment.

Good point. Mostly because the professor already explains what is a Pokémon in the intro (I totally forgot about it, wow). I will change it to "This is Ralts, a very rare Pokémon. Cool, huh?".

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
This really looks great! It kinda reminds me of SPEE except its a hack but it uses the same tiles :)
Really i like the custom sprites and tiles it looks really good and im glad to see a large amount of pokemon in it.
Really idk how i missed this but im gonna add this to my list of supporting hacks.

Thanks! Yeah, it reminds of SPEE a little, although i hope not too much haha

I love what you're doing, the graphics, the music, everything is good.
GSC is the game generation I grew up with. Bringing back their graphics with some twists and having the RSE features aswell as other even more recent features is just amazing, this might become my favorite hack ever.

I have one question : will you implement day/night graphics? I'm talking about the windows that light up at night, like in the actual gsc games.

Anyway good luck with this!

Yeah, day/night is planned! I'll probably start working on it around the time of the beta launch.

I should reply questions before making updates, i'm getting a little confused because I messed up everything. Oh, well.

Well, I finished the starter pokémon script some days ago (Sorry, I work slowly!), so we have around other 5 major scripts to do before a beta release. I still have no dates, though. So, update time!

8fff1f2618.PNG

I remade the sprites for the M/F heros and for the rival (Tried to keep a consistent style this time). I'm not entirely happy with them, so suggestions are welcome. I included the old ones on this post for comparison, with previous revisions of the Male trainer and the rival. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back