• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [Alpha 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
  • I think that there are some features that are still in progress (according to the first post)

Spot on, there's still plenty I plan to do {:3}

I haven't been able to update this in a while, grad school tends to get in the way of things. The project is on hold for the moment, but I do plan on posting updates in the future.

There has been some small headway, though. I've made progress on the Rivalry ability and believe I have functional code for it (yet to be tested). Along the same lines the geneticists at Devon have been hard at work on creating a more gender-stable Azurill, and it will no longer spontaneously change from female to male when evolving into Marill; they decided not to use any more amphibian DNA in the breeding process.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2022
    FINALLY!
    Tlachtli are you helping with MrDS's Emerald Patch? Will you add the new moves from mamamama's new Emerald Patch? The new abilities in this patch are kinda wasted without the new moves. Best of luck man, I've been looking forward for an update for so long.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2021
    Really interesting hack!
    I'll be sure to give this one a try. :)

One thing:
    Have you considered the option of adding a Day/Night transition patch?
    That would be great for Sigma Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2019
    This would be the perfect base for me if it only had Gen IV moves in it. The Physical/Special split feels incomplete to me without moves like Giga Impact added in.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    This would be the perfect base for me if it only had Gen IV moves in it. The Physical/Special split feels incomplete to me without moves like Giga Impact added in.

I don't think it's intended to be used as a base. I doubt Tlachtli cares if you don't want to use it either.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2019
    I don't think it's intended to be used as a base. I doubt Tlachtli cares if you don't want to use it either.

My point is that it would make for a good base, regardless of intent, and that I personally feel that you do need a lot of Gen IV moves to really make the Physical/Special split feel validated, on account of so many moves that were made physcial being given new, special counterparts, and vice versa.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2018
    Just posting to say that I love this and it's currently my favorite 386 mod ATM hands-down. Definitely looking forward to the next release, and here's to hoping that your schedule frees up enough to let you work on it. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    How to get a Protean Kecleon?

Sadly, you can't.
    Screens are VERY outdated and if you care to read whole thread you should know that before releasing first beta Tlachtli's computer got damaged or something, so he start creating this hack from the start :V

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Hey all :)

First off - I'm a huge fan of this hack! Simply amazing fun!

I have however stumbled upon some problems getting a complete Pokedex.

I caught Latios, but haven't been able to find Raikou, Suicune or Entei (can't remember which one should start roam first after Lati@s). I have been to the poke center plenty of times since catching Latios, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Another problem is that I've never received an Eon Ticket from Birch after beating the Elite 4. Is there something else that needs to be done to obtain the eon ticket?

Other from that this hack is tremendous! Nothing less!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2015
    I will be quite honest, I signed up here just to download this hack. I skimmed the FAQ, rules, and community FAQ and didn't see anything about this so I'm asking.

Why does clicking the "download attachement" button always head to clear.gif for both the txt file and the ipl? Could you possibly reupload it or try to verify it?
    Otherwise, Meow meow meow flame wheel.

I will be quite honest, I signed up here just to download this hack. I skimmed the FAQ, rules, and community FAQ and didn't see anything about this so I'm asking.

Why does clicking the "download attachement" button always head to clear.gif for both the txt file and the ipl? Could you possibly reupload it or try to verify it?
    Otherwise, Meow meow meow flame wheel.

The forums were hacked several days ago, and most attachments were lost when restoring the site. You'll have to wait for a reupload.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • I will no longer be able to continue this project, I just can't make time for it. Development has been picked up by DraconianWing, and all future updates can be found [here]. I'm confident it's in good hands.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back