• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [Alpha 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
  • been playing for a couple of hourse now, i dont think i've encountered any bugs really polished hack, i have 1 question, and that is where can i find an eevee ?
    i really want to thank you for the work you've done it's an amazing hack, very refreshing
    Eevee hasn't been added in yet, although I'm hoping to have 386 when I put out a2. Here's a list of the Pokes that are currently not obtainable:
    Spoiler:

I have ideas for most of them, but I haven't actually added them in yet. I found out it's possible to start scripted battles where a wild Poke has a status/low hp/etc at the start, so I'm hoping to work that little mechanic into one or two of them. Something like battling a Snorlax that stays asleep and uses Snore/Sleep Talk.

Also noteworthy, you don't start with the National Dex yet. This means some non-native Pokes might not evolve. I'll have it give the National Dex at the start in a2.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2015
    thx for the info, your plans with scripted battles sound really interesting, already excited for a2.

Ok so i finally deafeted the elite 4, and i want to start finishing the dex, i have a question regarding that slippery little fish Feebas, at this moment is there an alternative version to catch it and evolve it?because the original way is kind of a pain.I really enjoyed this hack (emerald is my favorite original game) and i think your version is the most polished emerald hack that i played.

Last edited by a moderator:

Durkadurk

Former lurker
    Years
  • Best emerald sideshow for me. Definitely going to play this when the new abilities get applied. So excited! One sugg- this hack deserves decapitalization imo. I know you're working on many things but.. it deserves to be in the to-do list :)

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • thx for the info, your plans with scripted battles sound really interesting, already excited for a2.

Ok so i finally deafeted the elite 4, and i want to start finishing the dex, i have a question regarding that slippery little fish Feebas, at this moment is there an alternative version to catch it and evolve it?because the original way is kind of a pain.I really enjoyed this hack (emerald is my favorite original game) and i think your version is the most polished emerald hack that i played.

Thanks ^^ At the moment, it still follows the standard Feebas tile routine. I like Feebas' rarity, but if I can find the tile routine I will at least make it a 100% appearance rate on the tiles it is in. I do also plan to add a usable Prism Scale as an alternate evolution method (for those who don't want to beauty train a Feebas). I just haven't though of an appropriate way for the player to acquire it yet.

Best emerald sideshow for me. Definitely going to play this when the new abilities get applied. So excited! One sugg- this hack deserves decapitalization imo. I know you're working on many things but.. it deserves to be in the to-do list
    1.%20smile.gif

Ask, and you shall receive :P I started working on de-capping a couple days ago. Pokemon names, move names, item names, Pokedex entries, and most menus are done; I've just gotten started on the dialogue (the most time consuming part), that may take a while to finish.

Also a small progress update, the Devon researcher who reanimates fossils has gotten much better at his job:
    aMmVGTf.png
    5Db1eo6.png
    cnMF8o8.png

The Mirage Tower is also (slightly) more structurally sound. All five fossils will be on the top floor, and you can take two of them before it collapses. The other three will drop into the Desert Underpass.

Edit: I've also added in availability for all 9 starters at various parts of the game. Each generational set can be purchased from totally-not-shady egg dealers in different locations: Hoenn starters in Verdanturf Town, Johto starters in Lilycove City, and Kanto starters at the Battle Frontier. Eggs are sold separately costing $25,000 each, and they can be bought as many times as you want.

Last edited:

Mcguinness3

AnimeFreak and Pokélover.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    I've also added in availability for all 9 starters at various parts of the game. Each generational set can be purchased from totally-not-shady egg dealers in different locations: Hoenn starters in Verdanturf Town, Johto starters in Lilycove City, and Kanto starters at the Battle Frontier. Eggs are sold separately costing $25,000 each, and they can be bought as many times as you want.

This is amazing and nice way to impliment rare Poké's and brought me to thinking, what about more of these similar dealers who can give you Poké's with egg moves or hidden abilities etc. Keep up the good work, still watching this progress like a hawk and I hope more people will follow suit :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Definitely getting a lot of inspiration from your hack and your work! Keep it up.

You might want to keep in mind that a lot of players stop after the E4 so you might wanna put the Kanto guy somwhere before the E4.
    Also, are you planning to edit the original way to get the Johto Starters form Prof. Birch?

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • Definitely getting a lot of inspiration from your hack and your work! Keep it up.

You might want to keep in mind that a lot of players stop after the E4 so you might wanna put the Kanto guy somwhere before the E4.
    Also, are you planning to edit the original way to get the Johto Starters form Prof. Birch?

The thought behind the placement was that Verdanturf is relatively close to Littleroot, Lilycove is geographically the closest port to Johto, and the Battle Frontier would attract a lot of international traffic. I may end up moving the Kanto dealer to the mainland somewhere though, not set in stone.

My plan is to repurpose Birch's event so that he will give the Old Sea Chart (for Mew) and/or something akin to a GS Ball (for Celebi) after finishing the Hoenn Dex. Not sure how I'm going to do the Eon and Aurora tickets yet, but they'll be needed beforehand (to complete the Hoenn dex). I took out the unnecessary event-specific flag checks at the harbor, so using the map/tickets will be as simple as finding them and taking them to the boat.

Any chance to add new areas/events/rivals?

I don't plan on doing any new areas right now, mostly just working with currently underused ones. All of the legendaries will be getting their own event of some flavor, but beyond that I'm not sure yet. The birds will simply be stationary scripted battles, the dogs will hopefully be roaming (once I can figure out that routine used for Lati@s), etc.

I also want to add in another late game rival battle, since in vanilla emerald the last one is in Lilycove (before s/he even finishes evolving the starter). Maybe s/he can offer to battle back in Birch's lab or something, I haven't really though much about it yet.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • I also want to add in another late game rival battle, since in vanilla emerald the last one is in Lilycove (before s/he even finishes evolving the starter). Maybe s/he can offer to battle back in Birch's lab or something, I haven't really though much about it yet.

Maybe the rival can be found in your Secret Base on specific days? That might be a bit tough to do, though.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm gonna try this hack out, it looks promising. Not a ton of Emerald hacks I've played have added moves so I'm sure it'll be interesting to play through. Someone already brought it up but yea for future releases feel free to complement all types with good Physical/Special moves (for Grass-types Leaf Storm, for Steel-types Flash Cannon, etc.).

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • Good news, I've put out alpha 2. The biggest improvement here is 386 availability, for details on how/where to obtain Pokemon see the attached text doc on the OP. I also did some faily major rebalancing of the wild encounters across the game, so encounter areas would make more sense and generally feel less crowded across the board. I would strongly suggest starting a new game for A2 as I moved/consolidated a fair number of previously-redundant flags, and using an existing save might muck with that. From this point on, any future releases should be compatible with a new save made from A2.

Barring any necessary bug fixes, I'm hoping for the next release to start a proper beta. Like I mentioned earlier I lost a fair bit of progress on new abilities, but I've been working my way back (and even found more streamlined ways to implement a couple of them). The betas will definitely start seeing the new abilities and move effects.

In the meantime, do please keep an eye out for any bugs you may notice. Mainly look for (de)capitalization errors or bugs with new events for legendaries. I've added a "Known Bugs" section to the OP to keep track of anything major.

Some notes on the new legendary events (spoiler'd for anyone who would rather figure them out themselves):
    Spoiler:

EDIT: First upload left out a key item for one of these events. I've re-uploaded the patch with the fix.

Last edited:

KeyRogue

No theme for now...
    Years
  • How far does alpha 2 go up to?

It's completely playable.

Also, i've found some errors. (screenshots were taken from alpha 1 so i don't know if there fixed)

Since Reusable TMs are implemented, this dialouge should be changed.
    PokemonSigmaEmeraldAlpha1Non-reusableTMs1_zpsa5448db7.png
    PokemonSigmaEmeraldAlpha1Non-reusableTMs2_zpsd1d4be96.png

Some pokemon's sprite possition is wrong like swablu's
    PokemonSigmaEmeraldAlpha1SpritePossitionError_zps3405c228.png

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • Considering that a "Trade Sim" needs to be in this game, does that mean it's impossible to trade between this version and the rest of Gen III? I understand the new mechanics (like the Fairy type) render that nearly inpossible, but Pokemon that haven't changed should be able to trade right?

If this cannot be fixed, I'm fine with that. This looks stellar for a remix of Emerald.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • How far does alpha 2 go up to?
    A2 on its own is a complete game. The OP is up to date, so everything there is in-game. When I push out the beta, it will start making the deeper battle mechanics changes I've been wanting to do.

Except for bug fixes and minor changes, the majority of the overworlding is done.

Good catches, I'll get right on those.

Considering that a "Trade Sim" needs to be in this game, does that mean it's impossible to trade between this version and the rest of Gen III? I understand the new mechanics (like the Fairy type) render that nearly inpossible, but Pokemon that haven't changed should be able to trade right?

If this cannot be fixed, I'm fine with that. This looks stellar for a remix of Emerald.
    With the exception of Eevee, all changes to evolution methods were made in addition to previously existing ones (for space reasons, Espeon and Umbreon's stone evolutions replaced their friendship ones). The Trade Sims were added in addition to the pre-existing trade evolution methods, so they will still evolve if traded between games; they were just added as a single-player solution. Clamperl for example now evolves randomly, however it will also evolve by trading as before.

In theory, some Pokes could be transferred into a normal Gen 3 game. Fairy- and Normal-types cannot be transferred and Pokes with brand new moves (ie the new Fairy moves) will be incompatible, as their indexes are out of bounds in a normal rom; space has already been made for new abilities to be added, and any future Pokes with new abilities will be similarly incompatible.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2022
    it is not working on gameboid (white screen only) but it is working on vba on pc, why?

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • Caterpie's back sprite had a palette glitch. I would have taken a screen but it evolved quickly. I'm not sure if it was an issue with the patch or not, but basically there was red where there should have been green.
    I'll get that fixed. Looks like APSE's mass-sprite loader isn't perfect {XD}

it is not working on gameboid (white screen only) but it is working on vba on pc, why?
    Not sure, never used it. It sounds like the issue is with the emulator, since the game plays fine on another one. Just googling gameboid it seems to have a pretty limited compatibility list, so maybe it just doesn't like modded roms.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2022
    Not sure, never used it. It sounds like the issue is with the emulator, since the game plays fine on another one. Just googling gameboid it seems to have a pretty limited compatibility list, so maybe it just doesn't like modded roms.
    it is not true, I played every hack from this forum using gameboid and they were working pretty good, idk why this hack doesn't want works

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • Ok, I put up an Alpha 3. Most of the changes are the suggested bug fixes:
    -Corrected spriting errors for about a dozen Pokemon
    -Changed TM-related dialogue to reflect multiple uses
    -Corrected sprite positioning on a couple of Pokemon

Also in the 'new' category, Dazzle Gleam is now legitimately learnable. It can be tutored onto a total of 55 different Pokemon via one of the Battle Frontier move tutors. Tutoring will cost 48BP (in line with other offensive moves) and is repeatable.

it is not true, I played every hack from this forum using gameboid and they were working pretty good, idk why this hack doesn't want works

I kept looking in to this, and made a small change with A3. Let me know whether or not it works now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back